UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I first saw Andy Street on that fly on the wall documentary that they did on John Lewis. I liked him in that and he seemed to know what he was doing. I'm sure he will reappear soon.
He seems like a decent politician and head and shoulders above most of the current Tory ilk. I liked the mutual respect he and Parker paid each other during the acceptance and concession speeches.

Shame he had to be a casualty in the local elections but I can't lie, I am beaming that the results were terrible for the Conservatives. I wonder how Sunak will spin this.

Has anyone read the corruption allegations against Teesside Mayor Ben Houchen?

Reactions: 2
He seems like a decent politician and head and shoulders above most of the current Tory ilk. I liked the mutual respect he and Parker paid each other during the acceptance and concession speeches.

Shame he had to be a casualty in the local elections but I can't lie, I am beaming that the results were terrible for the Conservatives. I wonder how Sunak will spin this.

Has anyone read the corruption allegations against Teesside Mayor Ben Houchen?

I may be wrong but I did have Street as what you would call these days 'a decent Conservative' but I'm not really basing that on anything.

What I really need to know is if he is Michael Fabricant's partner as is being reported on Twitter? or is it a load of bollocks?

I may be wrong but I did have Street as what you would call these days 'a decent Conservative' but I'm not really basing that on anything.

What I really need to know is if he is Michael Fabricant's partner as is being reported on Twitter? or is it a load of bollocks?
Yeah I did too. Maybe it was an illusion but they seemed at least semi capable of decency when people like Dominic Grieve, David Gauke, Michael Heseltine, Ken Clarke etc were members. Not saying I agreed with them but they seemed somewhat dignified. Many were ousted during Johnson's leadership and it seems now some lunatics have risen through the ranks.

Asking the important questions here. I looked on Wikipedia and it seems they are partners. Do you think Fabricant's hair is real or is it a wig? 😂

Yeah I did too. Maybe it was an illusion but they seemed at least semi capable of decency when people like Dominic Grieve, David Gauke, Michael Heseltine, Ken Clarke etc were members. Not saying I agreed with them but they seemed somewhat dignified. Many were ousted during Johnson's leadership and it seems now some lunatics have risen through the ranks.

Asking the important questions here. I looked on Wikipedia and it seems they are partners. Do you think Fabricant's hair is real or is it a wig? 😂
I've seen Fabricant in real life and there's no way that thing on his head is hair. Looked like the stiffest straw ever. Barely passes for synthetic hair, doesn't look remotely natural.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've seen Fabricant in real life and there's no way that thing on his head is hair. Looked like the stiffest straw ever. Barely passes for synthetic hair, doesn't look remotely natural.
Do you think he goes to a local barn and raids a haystack? Is it stuck on with superglue?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Best interesting to see what these newly elected politicians do to improve their local community
IMG_8292.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6

The UKIP infiltration of the Conservative Party has led to its destruction. I can see the Tories being beset by infighting in five to ten years like Labour was in the 1980s.

Reactions: 8
I was being facetious!
Oh right and now I've seen your other post about "I don’t like Labour, I think they are terrible and it would go against everything for me to vote for them" I can't understand how I got confused.
---
I honestly think the way things are going and the apathy with voters is there is a real possibility that Count Binface with inadvertently find himself elected somewhere :ROFLMAO:
Well he got more votes than the 'Britain First' candidate which might upset one or two posters.
---
He may be (comparatively) 'decent' but he thought Liz Truss would be a good choice for PM so there's that.

I was honestly flabbergasted to find out they were a couple. Street seems relatively normal ( for a Tory ) but Fabricant is absolutely barking mad. It’s even odder than John Major and Edwina.

The UKIP infiltration of the Conservative Party has led to its destruction. I can see the Tories being beset by infighting in five to ten years like Labour was in the 1980s.
The infighting has and continues to happen. I think they will continue to purge the few remaining moderate, "one nation" Tories that are left and effectively absorb 'Reform'. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a deal with 'Reform' before the election.

Oh right and now I've seen your other post about "I don’t like Labour, I think they are terrible and it would go against everything for me to vote for them" I can't understand how I got confused.
Calm down Moth.
I will endeavour to be 100% serious at all times on this thread. My apologises.

• Haha

The Ken Clarke's of the Conservative party kept the more extreme members in check or at least balanced them out.

All the decent ones got booted out in 2019 and that intake of replacements had zero experience of anything. They only got the candidacy because they supported Brexit and Boris. No skills required. That's how we ended up going from an Attorney General like Grieve to Braverman.

The Ken Clarke's of the Conservative party kept the more extreme members in check or at least balanced them out.

All the decent ones got booted out in 2019 and that intake of replacements had zero experience of anything. They only got the candidacy because they supported Brexit and Boris. No skills required. That's how we ended up going from an Attorney General like Grieve to Braverman.
I thought Suella Braverman was going to spontaneously combust the way she was going on this morning.

I thought Suella Braverman was going to spontaneously combust the way she was going on this morning.
Fantastic article by Braverman in The Telegraph. Too late to change leader (because she wants it after the election wipeout) but says that we are 'in a hole' so Sunak needs to 'start shovelling'. Actually it's entirely consistent with her thinking, the lurch to the right is clearly unpopular but she thinks the answer is to keep going further right - when you're in hole, keep digging.

Fantastic article by Braverman in The Telegraph. Too late to change leader (because she wants it after the election wipeout) but says that we are 'in a hole' so Sunak needs to 'start shovelling'. Actually it's entirely consistent with her thinking, the lurch to the right is clearly unpopular but she thinks the answer is to keep going further right - when you're in hole, keep digging.
Just about sums up her intellect.

It reminds me of when John Major made a similar gaffe and said "when your back is against the wall, there is only one thing to do, and that is turn around and fight."

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Best interesting to see what these newly elected politicians do to improve their local community
View attachment 2915847
I shared the vid of this earlier in the thread .I did say Starmer will have a bigger job to do than the Tories not only sorting out a mess of a country but steering his voter base away from sectarian politics, reminds me so much of NI political situation atm.
---
And Labour tbf

We can but hope..
She thinks that Starmer has the charisma of a peanut apparently. Has she forgotten that her own party’s most recent offerings have been a bin bag of custard, Liz the lettuce and a completely out of touch multi millionaire?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We can but hope..
She thinks that Starmer has the charisma of a peanut apparently. Has she forgotten that her own party’s most recent offerings have been a bin bag of custard, Liz the lettuce and a completely out of touch multi millionaire?
I think she's completely incapable of any form of introspection.