UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly think the way things are going and the apathy with voters is there is a real possibility that Count Binface with inadvertently find himself elected somewhere :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Khan won. What morons voted for him?! Are Londoners gluttons for punishment?!
I did! Where I live in Lambeth and Southwark we had one of the biggest increases in votes for him and over 60% voted for him overall :). I like clean air and value my lungs.

In every borough apart from Harrow there was a swing from Con to Lab.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wonder what the turn out was? I know a lot of Londoners who didn't vote this time around. Don't want Khan, didn't rate any of the other runners and just all round general apathy

edit: just seen, looks like about a 40 per cent turn out overall

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I did! Where I live in Lambeth and Southwark we had one of the biggest increases in votes for him and over 60% voted for him overall :). I like clean air and value my lungs.

In every borough apart from Harrow there was a swing from Con to Lab.
Seconded! Khan is far from perfect but I'd rather him than a mayor who makes a mockery of things by pretending to have been pickpocketed.

Doesn't help that Hall was in Facebook groups with suspected white supremacists either.

And Khan inherited the Ulez policy from Johnson, but it doesn't even affect most of us. Outsiders are more upset than we are.

There's this huge concern around London but almost no understanding of what Londoners actually want.
---
I wonder what the turn out was? I know a lot of Londoners who didn't vote this time around. Don't want Khan, didn't rate any of the other runners and just all round general apathy

edit: just seen, looks like about a 40 per cent turn out overall
It was 42% in 2021 when Bailey looked like he'd almost take it from Khan.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Seconded! Khan is far from perfect but I'd rather him than a mayor who makes a mockery of things by pretending to have been pickpocketed.

Doesn't help that Hall was in Facebook groups with suspected white supremacists either.

And Khan inherited the Ulez policy from Johnson, but it doesn't even affect most of us. Outsiders are more upset than we are.

There's this huge concern around London but almost no understanding of what Londoners actually want.
Yeah, like 95% of vehicles seen driven around both inner and outer London were ULEZ compliant, the whole issue was overblown by the right wing and Tories.

My local Facebook groups were full of gobby right wingers who hate cyclists and thought Khan was bringing about the "Islamification of London", whatever that meant. They came across as so thick and narrow minded, rejecting any research about pollution and the effects on health etc, calling anyone who disagreed with them "woke" or "brainwashed".

The rejection of Hall and her ilk suggests that the majority of Londoners are much more reasonable thankfully. I've kept quiet about it a lot on this thread but even if you go on Twitter or other social media, the most vocal Hall supporters spout racist and toxic nonsense all the time.

I'm so glad we never have to hear about her again.

Yeah the ulez thing is insane. I was down in London last week for the first time in years.

All I’ve heard about for ages is ULEZ!!!!
so I assumed it was going to affect me. I looked it up and it’s…exactly the same as the low emissions zone in the city I live in. And it hardly affects anybody. And nobody made a fuss when it was brought in. And loads of other cities have them and nobody made a fuss either lol.

Reactions: 10
I honestly think the way things are going and the apathy with voters is there is a real possibility that Count Binface with inadvertently find himself elected somewhere :ROFLMAO:
And that would be a very good thing, if only for his policy on reasonably priced croissants and his plans to make the bosses of Thames Water go for a lovely swim.

What I find odd about Khan winning again ( and let’s face it, he mostly won because Susan Hall is completely unhinged) is the number of people who don’t live in London and don’t come here from one year to the next complaining about him.

Reactions: 7
And that would be a very good thing, if only for his policy on reasonably priced croissants and his plans to make the bosses of Thames Water go for a lovely swim.

What I find odd about Khan winning again ( and let’s face it, he mostly won because Susan Hall is completely unhinged) is the number of people who don’t live in London and don’t come here from one year to the next complaining about him.
I've seen people on Twitter / X say because it is the capital everyone who lives in the UK should have a say and get a vote because they don't like the outcome 😂. I think they misunderstand the concept of local elections.

• Haha
Yeah the ulez thing is insane. I was down in London last week for the first time in years.

All I’ve heard about for ages is ULEZ!!!!
so I assumed it was going to affect me. I looked it up and it’s…exactly the same as the low emissions zone in the city I live in. And it hardly affects anybody. And nobody made a fuss when it was brought in. And loads of other cities have them and nobody made a fuss either lol.
I don’t suppose the city you live in has a white non Muslim mayor by any chance? That’s usually what swings it.

Reactions: 8
A year will come, when Khan is about to enter his 37th term, I'll be in a duck it mood and actually vote Count Binface.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A year will come, when Khan is about to enter his 37th term, I'll be in a duck it mood and actually vote Count Binface.
You’ll be too late by then. Binface will be starting his 3rd term as Supreme Overlord of the Universe.

• Haha
Count Binface? LOL, was that who I saw wandering around in the background during the 6pm news? See, you don't get that kind of tit in Putin's Russia ... gotta love old Blighty! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Any excuse to bring out one of my favourite political tweets ever!

1714848578027.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
labour claiming west mids mayor, after tories asked for recounts. lol can't wait to visit birminghamistan, or is that not how it works bc parker is white?

apparently they're going to give andy street the solihull mp job, assuming that means at the ge in a few months rather than have a byelection

I first saw Andy Street on that fly on the wall documentary that they did on John Lewis. I liked him in that and he seemed to know what he was doing. I'm sure he will reappear soon.