Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I don’t know if anyone else watched PMQs, but that useless twatwaffle Hoyle ignored Diane Abbott and instead took the final question from the ridiculous Mark Francois, who blathered some incomprehensible nonsense about DDay.
I can't stand Hoyle. The other day he was going on about how concerned he was about the safety of MP's ... Dianne was directly affected by this very thing and he ignored her? Just let the woman say her piece you 'twatwaffle'.

Reactions: 7

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Really got to me today seeing Ed Balls crying about his stammer on TV.
What a bastard Cameron and his cohort Osborne were jeering him in Parliament and probably others were also.
Not really setting an example for the young people laughing at people who have difficulties.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Well Gorgeous George is now my MP. I ended up voting monster Raving Loony. Galloway absolutely hates women who stand up to him. His treatment of Naz Shah in Bradford was absolutely despicable. He's an opportunistic shill who will take money from Iran and Russia and defend their leadership whilst decrying British politics as undemocratic. I cannot wait for the GE to be called so he can fuck off back out of town. He's claimed he's already arranged for the indoor market to reopen. I might make an appointment with his office to find out more about that and how I can get a stall so I can sell some rationality to people here.

As for postal votes, I always used to have one because I worked as a poll clerk so couldn't go and vote in person. However there have been questions before over the legitimacy of postal votes especially when you don't need ID for it and anyone in the household could technically request it and return it not necessarily the named elector.
I think I would have done the same given the options.

He is a scary guy. Just look at some of his henchmen supporters standing around him. If you want to see what's just been elected there have look at Sky's Sam Coates X timeline. This is a snapshot of what happened. Sam has also posted the full interveiw with Galloway too.

'Free Free Palestine '

I am deeply concerned that a UK MP has been elected on essentially a foreign policy.

Moth

VIP Member
... If 'Islamiphobia' means calling out the outdated crap such as described in modern day Britain, then quite frankly it is worth putting up with the ridiculous name calling by those who seem to think the religion is beyond all reproach ...
The word 'if' is doing quite a lot of heavy lifting there. There's been a huge amount of debate and scholarly opinion seeking a comprehensive definition of what constitutes 'Islamophobia' apparently without consensus. However as can be seen in the recent examples of various politicians which were commented about upthread (although I accept that they had nothing to do with your posts) it is perfectly possible to be Islamophobic without indulging in a philosophical debate of the teaching of the prophet.

Moth

VIP Member
Everyone starts off as a lefty until you marry a Tory billionaire and need to hoard your wealth.
She finds Liz Truss 'interesting' and wants Mogg to be PM so I think we can judge just how right wing she want to go. Mind you her husband previously voted for Tony Blair and only a few days after her comments backed Keir Starmer.

Moth

VIP Member
I agree they're more to the right than they have been for a while. Under Cameron they took such a swing to the centre that you could argue this is just a return to more traditional conservatism.
A 'swing' from what? Not the preceding Labour government or probably even the Tories under Major and I wouldn't call using austerity as a tactic to decimate public services centre ground politics but yes, compared with what followed the Cameron government (partially moderated by coalition) was more moderate.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
What do we all think of reform UK?
Not voting for them obviously, but would they be considered far right?
I have a friend who wants to vote for them and I find it all terribly worrying
The current iteration of the Conservative Party is far right, so they and Reform could almost be seen as two cheeks of a particularly unpleasant arse.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Not surprised by this at all, high streets are empty.
Growth figures in the US are pretty good, so are wages and employment figures. So that really is bad news for Rishi. Oh dear what a shame. Well ... bad for Rishi in a political sense, I'm sure he won't be hitting the foodbank anytime soon.

ElChanguito

VIP Member
*World on the brink of nuclear destruction*

Rishi Sunak: I am committed to tackling the biggest threat to the planet in the history of civilisation…artificial intelligence 🤗

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
[COLOR=%s][/COLOR]

Why is the government teasing announcements like a brand or football club?
They finally found all the missing whatsapp messages?

Next election will be voted in a whatsapp group rather than a polling station?

Sunak is going to be auto-joining everybody's whatsapp groups?

Free smartphones for everyone to read Whatsapp on?

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Politics has become showbiz, showbiz has become politics. I do think the rapid decline of traditional forms of media is exacerbating this. The corrosive effect of all of this is of course that everyone just loses interest in the politics and that is when truly dangerous individuals or groups emerge. Personally, I'm hoping for a Batman type 'superhero' to appear and save us all. Now, where did I put my wellies and swimming cap? 😬

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
We're starting to enter Trumpville now in some political quarters ... basically just say any old bollocks then either deny it or make some sort of non-apology. Pretty scary and very depressing.

I don't really give a toss what twats like Hester have to say about anything or anyone, but then I'm not a black woman. Part of me wishes Dianne could have just laughed and made some witty retort about how the bloke looks, or something like: "I hope the gun he's going to use to shoot me is bigger than the size of his cock ...". These ridiculous middle-aged men can't handle it when women take the piss out of them.
I do kind of understand what you mean about Dianne Abbot and her response to Hester, but I do think that responding in a humorous fashion would have seriously undermined the seriousness of what he said and potentially opening the door for more. It’s not really comparing like for like - he wasn’t being witty or joking, he was being horribly racist and sexist. Laughing at his tiny dick is hardly comparable to him calling for her to be shot.

Merpedy

VIP Member
There's also something interesting about a speech about extremism coming shortly after the mess that was Lee Anderson

kev1974

VIP Member
Apparently it's just "the government are on whatsapp now"

Suspect it's really about trying to legitimise their dodgy use of whatsapp behind the scenes of government, or simply burying the headlines about Boris Johnson and other ministers and lost messages, underneath new headlines about how they're now using it to diseminate info to the public.

• Sick