Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FogOfWar

About the only thing I can be certain of at the moment is the second a Labour govt tries to borrow tuppence to spend on health or education, the Tories will be up in arms about “reckless big government spending”, whilst remaining steadfastly silent / supportive of whatever this budget is supposed to do.

Reactions: 15

1x2x3x4x

Come on, he's a devout Marxist ... they don't love the poor they just hate the rich. I can't get on board with that.
Are you rich?

I know right?
Imagine supporting someone who wanted to raise the minimum wage, build more council houses, renationalise key industries, freeze the pension age and tax the super rich? What an absolute bastard 🙄
I’ve never known anyone rattle people like Corbyn does. He’s not even relevant anymore and still people are obsessed 😂

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I just don’t understand why Braverman etc are so completely obsessed with ‘protecting our borders’ and ‘stopping illegal immigrants’ when there are far more pressing things going on, namely how many people are going to be able to heat their homes and put food on the table this winter. The immigration issue is small fry as far as I’m concerned. Should we have mass uncontrolled immigration? No of course not, but we also need skilled immigrants to keep the economy running. That’s just a fact. Fruit and veg has been left rotting in fields since Brexit for example because there are no longer as many Eastern European migrants coming over and no Brits want to do that kind of work. Also I can’t say I’ve run into many illegal immigrants in my part of the world, I do know lots of people struggling financially and wondering how they will get through this winter though. I don’t believe the immigration issue is as bad as they make out it is it’s just the hard right of the Tory party are very fucking racist and don’t like the idea of people coming over here.

I say hard right because I know there are moderate conservatives who don’t share this view but they have been forced out by the rabble. People like Rory Stewart, Ken Clarke etc.

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
None of this was exactly unknown...

This was her plan. She knew it would fuck things up and she went ahead with it anyway.
This is what annoys me the most I think - she said she wanted to cut taxes repeatedly and was warned that was a bad idea for the current economy, yet she was elected anyway by the party? To have a PM and CX that don’t understand basic economics is worrying and even more worrying that the Tories voted for her!!

Blueblue123

VIP Member
None of this was exactly unknown...

This was her plan. She knew it would fuck things up and she went ahead with it anyway.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

IngressUK

VIP Member

Well done Liz 👍🏻
Labour and the Conservatives are two cheeks on the same arse. Both broadly follow the same policies bar some exceptions.

Neither are the solution to this country's issues, yet people seem locked into the two party mentality like sheep being led to the slaughter.

"Labour is no good, so I'll vote Conservative."
"Conservatives are no good, so ill vote Labour."

This BS is what keeps us a two party state.

We desperately need a new political force that breaks this two party duopoly on British politics.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Why did Carrie need to accompany Boris all the way up to Balmoral? He was only going to hand his notice in.

I can't think of any other time that it would be deemed appropriate for an employee's partner/spouse to join them on a business trip.
I’d guess she wasn’t keen on the idea of the heinous shagger in a confined space with a load of air hostesses.

• Haha

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
Question: How did Liz Truss get into power and mess things up so badly?

A) She slept with lots of people - including the PPE professors who accepted her into Oxford.

B) She has dirt on lots of people - photos of sexual encounters between Jacob Rees Mogg and Diane Abbot perhaps.

C) She's a Russian plant.
D) Bribed them with feet pics 😆

FB10872D-4B54-4A81-9915-B30C9E1EC7BB.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
Fundamentally nothing has changed. The only thing that's happened is nearly 2 months of no leadership and a delay in announcing the inevitable support package.

But at least that's that over, for now.

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member
I honestly don’t understand Liz Truss at all. She’s banging on about things not working, things being slow, being innovative based on what’s been done before (FYI Liz: that’s not innovation) without acknowledging the Tories have been in power for 12 agonising years and are entirely responsible for the vast majority of the lack of success.

Does she think the public are stupid?

Also, she is completely uninspiring as a speaker and a leader. I don’t give a shit about the Tory infighting or what have you; she’s not capable of being a Prime Minister of the modern age. She is robotic, insipid and dull.
And talking about how shit things were when she was growing up in the 80s and 90s...under Thatcher....and she's now trying to bring in the same types of policies to fix everything.... Aside from whether you agree with her or not, she makes no fucking sense

Tories never fail to pull out someone even worse than the last one

Surely surely surely if the opportunity presents itself they cannot do even worse?
They have already scraped the barrel. It's time for an election, it really is. It really irks me that they aren't holding a GE because they know they'll lose. Is that really democracy?

Corbyn could cross the floor and run in their next leadership contest. :LOL:
You seem a little obsessed with Corbyn 😁

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
but don't you know Suella's parents came here and toed the line. They learnt English and assimilated ASAP. They are the good kind of
I think she is bloody awful, but her parents have a similar background to mine. English is their more or less a first language. So I doubt they learnt English when they came here. They were fluent already is my bet. Also many Asians from from our background ( and many immigrant backgrounds) tend to be massively socially and economically Conservative. She unsurprisingly (to me) fits right in to Truss's Tory Party. I do feel slightly uncomfortable when people say children of immigrants should be a certain way, because we have do many different backgrounds and places we come from, so we have little in common with each other. Immigrants can't be lumped together with having the same views just because they are children of immigrants.

qwikti

Chatty Member
Top tip for saving on your gas bill = be male. There'd be no energy crisis if it wasn't for all these silly women feeling the cold.
And they say feminists make everything about gender! :rolleyes: These cringey gammons do my head in.

The tories are just a joke. I hope his female constituents are listening. You hear that ladies?! Stop your silly whingeing and take it like a man!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Give us a GE! We need to get that lot out before they cause even more damage.
It's actually enough. If it wasn't for Boris we'd be having one early 2024 which feels so soon compared to the current situation.

Numerous cabinet reshuffles, 4 PMs in 6 years and not 1 has successfully completed a term. Clearly the issue is with the Tories, it's politics and culture.

Reactions: 13