UK passports

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please can we have a UK passport application misery thread? I’m quite surprised I can’t find one!

Reactions: 5
I've heard some nightmare stories. I got mine renewed just before the whole COVID nightmare started

Reactions: 1
How long have you been waiting? I don't think this is solely a British passport thing tbh - Irish passport office has huge backlogs too at the moment apparently.

I renewed my passport the middle of June and got it back a couple of days ago. It was about 2 weeks start to finish and I was dreading the 10 week wait.

Only 8 weeks, I know there’s a lot of people waiting longer. spent a long time today trying to find out what the statuses mean but none the wiser! On the 24th it was “at the examination part of the process” or something and today it’s just “awaiting checks”.

If we knew which office it was at, we’d potentially try the desperado turning up trick if it’s not here soon, but can’t find out how to find out where it’s gone!

Reactions: 2
I sent my passport off to change my surname in April...still waiting for it back

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Only 8 weeks, I know there’s a lot of people waiting longer. spent a long time today trying to find out what the statuses mean but none the wiser! On the 24th it was “at the examination part of the process” or something and today it’s just “awaiting checks”.

If we knew which office it was at, we’d potentially try the desperado turning up trick if it’s not here soon, but can’t find out how to find out where it’s gone!
Did you apply online? When I sent off my old passport I had to send it to the Durham office. I think it’s shocking that some are taking so long.

I sent my passport off to change my surname in April...still waiting for it back
That’s awful, hope you get it soon.

UK passports are printed in Poland so there's not much point :(

It seems to be so hit and miss. I had to renew mine last year. I did it online two months before the expiry date with a digital photo and got my new passport a week later!

I was pleasantly surprised, especially as I'd heard several tales of it taking weeks.

Reactions: 2

They have been for some time.
I think that's the passport itself without the part with your photo on.

It's implied by this part of the article:
The UK government said the final stages of manufacturing will take place in the UK to "ensure no personal data leaves the country."

Plenty of people online who got theirs printed that day at whichever office, I’m not sure that’s right?
My sisters was printed in Glasgow on the day she went

You can turn up to any office and they can send the info over and print it

Reactions: 3
I sent mine off on the 13th June and got it delivered today. I was dreading the delay but I'm assuming I've just been lucky. It wasn't even a direct renewal as my other passport expired two years ago 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I sent mine off on the 13th June and got it delivered today. I was dreading the delay but I'm assuming I've just been lucky. It wasn't even a direct renewal as my other passport expired two years ago 🤷‍♀️
That’s the same as mine, it expired in 2018.

I think that's the passport itself without the part with your photo on.

It's implied by this part of the article:
The UK government said the final stages of manufacturing will take place in the UK to "ensure no personal data leaves the country."
It was implied but has never been made clear. There was a FOI request but never answered.

It was implied but has never been made clear. There was a FOI request but never answered.
Ive also read that they’re printed in Poland but I think it’s just the passports then they get sent here for the personal information to be put on. Trouble is there’s a lot of hearsay and not a lot of facts being thrown around.

They were made in France before Poland and all the information was forwarded then so there's no reason to believe otherwise now 🤷‍♀️