UK passports

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plenty of people online who got theirs printed that day at whichever office, I’m not sure that’s right?
It is, my nieces got lost but sister went to passport office and they printed it off there and then. Not sure where this Polish idea came from, she went to Peterborough. Think the 3 letters in the code give a hint as to which office it's gone to.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It is, my nieces got lost but sister went to passport office and they printed it off there and then. Not sure where this Polish idea came from, she went to Peterborough. Think the 3 letters in the code give a hint as to which office it's gone to.
They probably found the passport! I don't live in the UK but applied for my British passport on my phone and received it in 10 days.

I think if you are renewing then it's not taking long at all. If you are applying for a brand new passport or changing your name etc then it's taking months 😐

Reactions: 4
They probably found the passport! I don't live in the UK but applied for my British passport on my phone and received it in 10 days.
They didn't, she went there, they said we've list it we'll print a new one so come back in 2 hours to pick it up.

Reactions: 2
My renewal took about 4 weeks.
My kids first passports sent off in March took till 2 weeks ago!! Luckily we didn’t need them yet.
Interesting that people in this thread mentioned the March timing was bad??

Mine took 12 weeks from the first week in April. Had to phone a gazillion times and was eventually told it would be expedited and they phoned me a few hours later and printed and posted it and it arrived the next day.

It was a painful service I must say. They lied to me on the phone several times, one told me it was waiting to be printed 9 weeks in, a week later they told me it had been printed, a further week later they told me it hadn’t even been examined yet! Then they tried to get more money out of me to upgrade it even though it had been 11 weeks at this point. On the 12th week I got through to someone decent and they were very apologetic. They said they’re inundated with people upgrading their applications to premium and fast track or expedite so the standard applications are falling behind.

My renewal took 17 days from application to delivery in May. I couldn’t believe how quick it was. The communication was really good too.

Sounds like the renewal process isn't as bad as what the media have said. Most receiving their passports in 2-3 weeks. Wasn't it supposed to have been about 12 weeks before?

Sounds like the renewal process isn't as bad as what the media have said. Most receiving their passports in 2-3 weeks. Wasn't it supposed to have been about 12 weeks before?
I found a site that tracks and it looks as though renewal are on average 3-4 weeks. at the moment, some quicker, some sower. I did my online application 14/6 and my update says it's printed but not posted yet.

It’s the feb/mar/apr renewals that are stuck in a backlog. Any from May/June seem to be flying through while others are still waiting 12-16 weeks later. There’s a few groups on Facebook some horrific stories of how long they’ve been waiting. I only got mine last week after waiting 12 weeks where’s my friend got hers 2 weeks later and she only applied at the start of June!

Reactions: 3
My main tip with renewals is to do them fully online, including the photo. You can get digital photos at photo booths in places like Boots; they give you a code which you input on the Passport website and it brings your photo through. The only thing you need to post is your old Passport.

That way there's very little human involvement in the process which means you generally get your new Passport fairly speedily.

Reactions: 6
My main tip with renewals is to do them fully online, including the photo. You can get digital photos at photo booths in places like Boots; they give you a code which you input on the Passport website and it brings your photo through. The only thing you need to post is your old Passport.

That way there's very little human involvement in the process which means you generally get your new Passport fairly speedily.
Also I think people are using their mobiles to take the photo and then getting the photos rejected. I tried to use my mobile but wasn't happy with the photo so used the photo booth. I'd say just pay the 8 quid for a photo booth picture and be done with it.

ETA passport arrived. Applied online 14th got it 1st July so 17 days

Also I think people are using their mobiles to take the photo and then getting the photos rejected. I tried to use my mobile but wasn't happy with the photo so used the photo booth. I'd say just pay the 8 quid for a photo booth picture and be done with it.

ETA passport arrived. Applied online 14th got it 1st July so 17 days
I used my mobile and there's a meter type thing on the application that tells you if your photo is acceptable or not. You can take as many goes as you want if you don't like the first few.
Yes, I am tight and don't care what the photo was like, it's only seen by border control or a scanner.

Mine was all done online, photo approved first go and it still took 12 weeks 😂 it’s literally pot luck.

Reactions: 2
Applied for mine 21/04, got a phone call yesterday and a text today to say it has been printed. Will be sent to delivery partners and takes about 2 weeks from this point. I only needed it for a work trip that I was supposed to go on, on Tuesday 🤦‍♀️

Applied for mine 21/04, got a phone call yesterday and a text today to say it has been printed. Will be sent to delivery partners and takes about 2 weeks from this point. I only needed it for a work trip that I was supposed to go on, on Tuesday 🤦‍♀️
Hopefully you won’t be waiting much longer. For what it’s worth when mine was printed it ended up coming the next day so hopefully you’ll get it in time! 🙏 if you use your application number and postcode on the tnt website you should be able to see if it’s been picked up by them yet

• Heart