UK Literary Luvvies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not buying Clover's "statement" I think that was 100% aimed at ED's piece. Too much of a coincidence otherwise.

That said, both of them make me so relieved that I am content about being child-free 😅

Reactions: 11
I'm not buying Clover's "statement" I think that was 100% aimed at ED's piece. Too much of a coincidence otherwise.

That said, both of them make me so relieved that I am content about being child-free 😅
I agree. Nice touch how she managed to crowbar in ‘I had the kids on my own’ so clearly had no time for whinging unlike poor childless ED.

Honestly, they all want women to not be reduced to ‘female writers’ and then Mothers’ Day comes along and we have THIS complete shitshow?!?!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree. Nice touch how she managed to crowbar in ‘I had the kids on my own’ so clearly had no time for whinging unlike poor childless ED.

Honestly, they all want women to not be reduced to ‘female writers’ and then Mothers’ Day comes along and we have THIS complete shitshow?!?!
Yeah the child comment was what gave it away.

I think everyone should just not be braggy on social media and it would all be fine. Personally don’t get why people post publicly on those days and never have. Nothing to do with no offending anyone, just wtf is the point? Tell your 76year old mum you love her to her face rather than posting it on a platform she doesn’t use. It’s all lifestyle envy BS but this drama is interesting😬.

I feel like there are so many chips on shoulders. The kid comment screams of ‘look, I’m too busy with my important mum life to bother with your front page profile piece where you look amazing if slightly corporate.’ It reminds me of that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie’s shoes get taken from the mums house and she wants them replaced but the mum dismisses it as a trivial thing that she has mo time to consider.

Reactions: 15
Yeah the child comment was what gave it away.

I think everyone should just not be braggy on social media and it would all be fine. Personally don’t get why people post publicly on those days and never have. Nothing to do with no offending anyone, just wtf is the point? Tell your 76year old mum you love her to her face rather than posting it on a platform she doesn’t use. It’s all lifestyle envy BS but this drama is interesting😬.

I feel like there are so many chips on shoulders. The kid comment screams of ‘look, I’m too busy with my important mum life to bother with your front page profile piece where you look amazing if slightly corporate.’ It reminds me of that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie’s shoes get taken from the mums house and she wants them replaced but the mum dismisses it as a trivial thing that she has mo time to consider.
That's an excellent SATC episode, it covers a lot of ground in that simple shoe example.

Reactions: 13
Yeah I thought her grid post was making a fair enough point (it's just mother's day, you can't please everyone) but the follow up doth protest a liiiiittle too much.

Reactions: 10
Raise your hand if you're sick of Emma Gannon talking about her "burnout." I'll go first 🤚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Raise your hand if you're sick of Emma Gannon talking about her "burnout." I'll go first 🤚
And is she planning to keep posting 'replays' of Ctrl Alt Delete ad nauseum? I saw there was a final goodbye, and yet my podcast app keeps sending me notifications for these re-uploads. I've never seen another podcaster do this.

Reactions: 5
I had to stop listening to her after all the ‘turning 30’ revelatory guff turned immediately to wondering about mid-life and ‘stepping into your power’ and I thought god, this is never going to end is it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
How To Read More According To Pandora Sykes
Yeah I think we should get Dolly and/or Pandora in there somewhere as they’re the most popular ones and it makes it clear what the thread’s all about 😂
---
Although one vote for Seamless Thong Everytime 😆 👙

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I picked up Really Good, Actually in Waterstones earlier (it's the debut novel from a writer on Schitt's Creek) and saw that blurb testimonials had been given by Pandora, Elizabeth Day and Marian Keyes. Back on the shelf it went!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I picked up Really Good, Actually in Waterstones earlier (it's the debut novel from a writer on Schitt's Creek) and saw that blurb testimonials had been given by Pandora, Elizabeth Day and Marian Keyes. Back on the shelf it went!
Yeah, Monica Heisey is one of their crew despite not being technically a UK LL. Dolly referenced her quite a bit on The High Low as their friend if I recall, and particularly on Sentimental in the City Dolly and Caroline talked about comments/observations she had made in a Whatsapp group.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.