UK Literary Luvvies #3 Logistical reasons mean the only recommendations I have are Greek cleaning products

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well … THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I WILL NOT BE READING THE BOOK WHEN IT MAKES 99p on kindle… 🫠
The book’s okay so far. Don’t like that she chose a male protagonist for no real reason other than to mix it up, I prefer her millennial woman tales :)

Reactions: 4
Elizabeth Day’s new outfit photos on her stories - I’m all for people dressing however they want, but I do find it a little strange that she’s basically dressing like a 17 year old!
Except her trousers cost £317! £317!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Elizabeth Day’s new outfit photos on her stories - I’m all for people dressing however they want, but I do find it a little strange that she’s basically dressing like a 17 year old!
Presumably she’s been spending a lot of time on her abs and wants to show off. Polly Vernon does the same.

Good Material spoiler

I saw who Tash was coming a mile away :) Called it from the first message

Alexandra Shulman in the Daily Fail as below... Genuinely, no words!

Last year I wrote about how people have begun to dine much earlier in London restaurants. Six months on, things have moved so early that lunch has become the new dinner.

With lunch, you've got all afternoon and evening to work off the meal and a few glasses of wine, and then you don't need to eat for the rest of the day, freeing it up for essential activity such as bingeing on a boxset.

Remote working means nobody knows or cares if you've taken a long midday break and for those on faddy time-restrictive fasting regimes you can stuff yourself at lunch and easily starve the required number of hours.

If lunch is the new dinner, where does that leave breakfast?

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Last year I wrote about how people have begun to dine much earlier in London restaurants. Six months on, things have moved so early that lunch has become the new dinner.

With lunch, you've got all afternoon and evening to work off the meal and a few glasses of wine, and then you don't need to eat for the rest of the day, freeing it up for essential activity such as bingeing on a boxset.

Remote working means nobody knows or cares if you've taken a long midday break and for those on faddy time-restrictive fasting regimes you can stuff yourself at lunch and easily starve the required number of hours.

Running out of column ideas…?

Reactions: 1

Did she ask ChatGPT to write that?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's so bloody obvious, BUT, I would have assumed she spent thousands on that sofa originally so I'm pretty shocked the colours bled.
It's time to get an IKEA couch like the rest of us so your kids can trash it. Buy an expensive one once no one is going to wee or squish yoghurt into it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Alex my angel when you’re selling clothes you 1. pick a plain background and 2. Get rid of the other random item in the shot

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Alex my angel when you’re selling clothes you 1. pick a plain background and 2. Get rid of the other random item in the shot
She used to edit Vogue! 😆 Like come on Alex!
(I hope she never changes though, her posts are my highlight of this thread).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh which drugs? I can’t bear to listen….
NOT COKE OK!
(Definitely coke)

admitted to a smidge of MDMA. V cool.

ended up listening to the dolly live episode after this one and enjoyed it in the end. Dolly’s comment about her younger ex boyfriend and the Rolling Stones gig made me laugh out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
NOT COKE OK!
(Definitely coke)

admitted to a smidge of MDMA. V cool.

ended up listening to the dolly live episode after this one and enjoyed it in the end. Dolly’s comment about her younger ex boyfriend and the Rolling Stones gig made me laugh out loud.
If Caroline hasn't done the odd line I will eat my hat. Recreational drug use is becoming more acceptable to discuss openly but only 'softer' party drugs like weed and MDMA, not coke (which is fair enough, as its more harmful to society and the individual). You can totally feel Caroline getting apprehensive/nervous about what exactly her friend is about to disclose :D Dolly's been honest about using coke in the past but if she ever partakes now she's very oblique about it

If Caroline hasn't done the odd line I will eat my hat. Recreational drug use is becoming more acceptable to discuss openly but only 'softer' party drugs like weed and MDMA, not coke (which is fair enough, as its more harmful to society and the individual). You can totally feel Caroline getting apprehensive/nervous about what exactly her friend is about to disclose :D Dolly's been honest about using coke in the past but if she ever partakes now she's very oblique about it
Yeah she really did sound nervous, surprised she didn't just edit that out 😅