UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine that her dress doesn’t allow her to sit like a human being without creasing the bejesus out of it.

Reactions: 3
I imagine that her dress doesn’t allow her to sit like a human being without creasing the bejesus out of it.
yep this, and it's possibly tight and stiff enough all through the bodice you can't really sit in the hunched-over seat of a car without risking ripping a seam

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah, I really don’t think she’s that bad at all. So many other luvvies are a lot more cringe.
Oh she’s still cringe, but she didn’t come from such a privileged background and she seems clever :)
---
Also ewww on pandora using AAVE - ‘hair did’. No panda, that is not for you!!!
She probably doesn’t even realise it’s aave, just that it sounds cool and she’s heard it somewhere 🙄 but it’s obvs not something in her vocabulary or that she grew up saying which is what makes it so try hard
It’s like when Beyoncé had that song that talked about ‘Becky with the good hair’ and all the media outlets were running articles on who it could be and cakes and green juices were called that etc- a Becky is just a generic aave term for a white woman and good hair just means hair that’s easier to manage. They had no idea 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
On the latest episode of best friend therapy Elizabeth Day unironically says 'yas queen, slay'.

YOU ARE IN YOUR FORTIES ! She makes me cringe so much

• Haha
Reactions: 16
There’s way too much of this V&A party in my IG feed. Literary luvvies of London unite.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
UGGHHHHH agreed. It's so cringe honestly. I doubt Getty even bothered to photograph them...

Has anyone ordered Caroline ODonohgue’s book? I’ve enjoyed all of them but isn’t enjoy her as a person particularly

Reactions: 1
Has anyone ordered Caroline ODonohgue’s book? I’ve enjoyed all of them but isn’t enjoy her as a person particularly
I had an ARC and really enjoyed it. But I do enjoy her as a person! If you liked her other books I’m confident you’ll like this one though, she is talented.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.