UK General Election 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had nothing from any party and no posters either. I live in a safe seat and no one seems to bother either locally or nationally. I'd love someone from any party to knock on the door as I've got lots of questions for all parties but I don't think it's going to happen. Door knocking other than for media purposes appears to be a thing of the past unfortunately.
It's the same were I live. Absolutely nothing from any candidate. A few tweets from the Labour candidate but nothing from the Conservative one. It's like no one can be arsed. It's all a bit weird.

Reactions: 1
I’ve only had Tory leaflets and letters through the door. Nothing from Labour. I’m in a Tory seat but it was previously Labour.

Had leaflets from Lib dems asking people to vote tactically and that Labour won't win in my constituency. It's always been a Tory constituency but hopeful that the lib Dems can topple them in this election.

Lol, there's the sticks, and then there's THE STICKS. What's the broadband like up there?
Screenshot_20240615_142833_Google.jpg

Not bad - we usually get a bit faster than this, but it's Saturday afternoon and the Euros are on so I'm guessing most of the village is online (all 28 houses...) Most of us connect to the local EE mast for broadband because the exchange is 3 miles away and we're still on copper. Annoyingly we have a superfast fibre line along the main road at the south end of the village, but there's no access point to connect us. The next villages either side, 3 miles and 7 miles away respectively, are larger and have access to full fibre.

Reactions: 5
I’ve had a couple of leaflets come through my door and I would rather they didn’t as it is just more shite that I have to throw out. If they actually knocked on my door I would listen but when they post shite through my letter box it just pisses me off.

Reactions: 4
I don't answer my door unless I'm expecting someone, so that makes no difference to me.

Reactions: 5
Had leaflets from Lib dems asking people to vote tactically and that Labour won't win in my constituency. It's always been a Tory constituency but hopeful that the lib Dems can topple them in this election.
I’m the same and I was going to vote tactically for them until I saw it also said Labour weren’t targeting us at all which I know to be a downright lie cos I am friends with one of the main campaigners here.

So no matter what silly stunts their leader gets up to I’m not voting for someone who is prepared to print lies before they even get in to power!

Reactions: 3
We’ve had hardly any signs put up. Usually during election we get lots of Lib Dem signs sticking out people’s gardens. I’ve seen two - one for Reform and one for an independent. It doesn’t feel like an election here.
I’ve had 2 letters - one from Rishi and one from the local conservative hopeful. It’s all very quiet.

Reactions: 2
I don't answer my door unless I'm expecting someone, so that makes no difference to me.
Speaking of not answering the door. I do pay a TB licence but I rarely watch live bbe or tv unless it is sport. I got a letter through about ‘switching to a digital tv licence’ or some bollocks. Which I am not going to do as they make it sound like you need to provide your ‘paper’ tv licence to avoid a conviction. I can show my bank statements to the scamming fuckers. I want to cancel but don’t want to do anything illegal but has anyone cancelled and what do I need to not watch to do so properly without me ending up in jail with Anna or Shazzy?

Some people still think he saved us by getting us out of the EU! A neighbour is just back from a holiday in Spain. She told me “all” (big generalisation) Spaniards thought that Franco had been great for Spain (never mind the civil war killed thousands) and the eu had taken their rights away. We have got our rights and control back now. Due to ignorance and a lack of proper political/ historical education some people who aren’t directly affected don’t realise the affect leaving has had on businesses and the economy and don’t want to hear it, most people including journalists can’t tell the difference between the echr and ecj and what it means for them in protecting their rights. Farage saved us apparently and he will do so again. I could cry.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
He didn’t really want it too. He could have had many more years claiming an mep’s wage whilst doing the absolute minimum (nothing). I don’t think he knows what the eu does or how it operates. It’s just sound bites

Reactions: 8
I think loads of Brexit voters will vote for him as they want the dopamine hit of ‘winning’ again

• Sad
I was out of the country during brexit and I remember his face. It was like “duck it actually happened@
Thing is I voted remain but Brexit doesn't have to be the shambles it is. Other countries aren't in the EU and do fine. But years on and I can't think of a single tangible benefit. I know things take time but there should be something.

But because Farage apparently has a certain charisma, all is forgiven.

Thing is I voted remain but Brexit doesn't have to be the shambles it is. Other countries aren't in the EU and do fine. But years on and I can't think of a single tangible benefit. I know things take time but there should be something.

But because Farage apparently has a certain charisma, all is forgiven.
BIB

Since the referendum, the UK economy has grown faster than those of Germany, Italy and Japan, and is equal with the French. The IMF is now predicting that the UK will have the fastest growth in the G7 in the next five years. Meanwhile, our exports have reached £870 billion, and we are well on target to reach our overall target of £1 trillion. That growth in trade is greatly assisted by our free trade agreements, now signed with 73 countries globally plus the EU.

Package of measures will help fishing industry thrive and deliver a healthier marine environment
Reforms seize new freedoms outside the EU and mark a clear departure from the Common Fisheries Policy
Announcement builds on investment and uplift in fisheries opportunities worth more than £200 million.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I think loads of Brexit voters will vote for him as they want the dopamine hit of ‘winning’ again
Apparently he “tells it as it is.” But whenever people are asked to define what “it” is they struggle because that would mean they were admiring to be xenophobes intent on taking this country back to the 1950’s.
---
BIB

Since the referendum, the UK economy has grown faster than those of Germany, Italy and Japan, and is equal with the French. The IMF is now predicting that the UK will have the fastest growth in the G7 in the next five years. Meanwhile, our exports have reached £870 billion, and we are well on target to reach our overall target of £1 trillion. That growth in trade is greatly assisted by our free trade agreements, now signed with 73 countries globally plus the EU.

Package of measures will help fishing industry thrive and deliver a healthier marine environment
Reforms seize new freedoms outside the EU and mark a clear departure from the Common Fisheries Policy
Announcement builds on investment and uplift in fisheries opportunities worth more than £200 million.
Good morning Nigel. Still peddling snake oil then. 😉

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
BIB

If you're going to do a copy and paste, at least have the courtesy to provide a link to the original

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.