Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pommobear

VIP Member
Farage is a dangerous fascist. He warrants scrutiny. As someone with family who escaped a fascist regime, no one, in any country, should ever be lulled into a false sense of security thinking "that wouldn't happen here". I want that man criticised and scrutinised and his actual policies examined with a fine tooth comb.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Justmechan23

Chatty Member
Sunak has the talk doesn’t he, very polished and knows the right things to say. It’s like those who breeze through job interviews but when it comes down to it are actually shit once in the job. The debate was all over the place.

Reactions: 19

pommobear

VIP Member
How the fuck former investment banker Nigel Farage has managed to convince hoards of idiots he's a man of the people is utterly beyond me. The privilege drips off him.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

PeteM

VIP Member
People's circumstances can and do change. We were well off when I was little but then my Dad left and my mum got too ill to work so we had nothing for a long time. Why are people so mean spirited about children? I have to say I don't resent a single penny of my taxes going to feed a hungry child, whether or not their parents are feckless layabouts - it's hardly their fault. I mean what do you want - forced sterilisation?!
I really resent selfish people who say that none of their tax should go towards helping children in any form because they aren't parents. I'm not a dad but would see this as a priority - I hate the idea of any child going hungry.

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
1717509873214.png

What a melt. She's barely old enough to have ever voted, what can Nigel have ever done to her to warrant that behaviour. Save the milkshakes for Sunak, it's his party that's been in charge of you most of your life petal.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Do we think these fuckers have reached the threshold to be called scum yet?
And there I was thinking they were the true patriots. 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry

pommobear

VIP Member
How does Boris fucking Johnson even have the gall to pass comment? The sheer arrogance and entitlement of these people beggars belief.

• Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
All law abiding citizens over here. All born and bred in the UK as were my ancestors before me. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
You sure some didn't come over from France, Germany or Denmark?

I am starting to think you are playing a parody of all right wing stereotypes and this is actually satire.

• Haha

biscuitthief

I really resent selfish people who say that none of their tax should go towards helping children in any form because they aren't parents. I'm not a dad but would see this as a priority - I hate the idea of any child going hungry.
Same. I am child-free by choice but I cannot bear the thought of any child going hungry. I think free breakfast clubs are a great idea.

Surely these things are a better use of taxpayers money compared to dodgy contracts that serve no purpose other than to line the pockets of the Tories and their cronies.

I’m agreeing with you 🙄. It’s just a sad situation but we also need to address parents and how better to educate people that children are a priority.
We had that - they were called Sure Start Centres. Introduced by Tessa Jowell under Blair in 1998. Funding for which was cut by the Tories. Between 2010 - 2019 around 1300 centres were closed.

biscuitthief

I’m dreading Keir Starmer’s probable win.

He intends to concrete over the countryside with 1.5 million more houses, lining the pockets of property developer friends while re-labelling them as housing experts. While also importing more and more immigrants into this overcrowded country.
We don’t have enough arable land to feed the country as it is, putting us at risk of starvation.
His economic policies will drive us into hyperinflation so we can’t afford to buy in food either.

He has no real plan for negotiating with foreign powers to cool tensions and reduce chances of world war 3. He is liar, and cannot be trusted to deal with the Israel-Palestine situation sensibly.

He says he will end “Tory culture wars on day 1” - that means cracking down on opposing beliefs using the force of the law. The progress women have made in the past couple of years in fighting to restore our rights will be wiped out.

He is dangerous and will destroy the country.
Everything you have mentioned there Rishi Sunak is either doing or has already done.

Sunak wants to build 1.6m homes. In the first quarter of 2021 the Tories received £900.000 in donations from Property Developers who went on to apply for planning permission in several tory run areas.

Immigration is at its highest under Rishi's watch. He has spent millions on the Rwanda Scheme and yet called the election before any deportations could happen - because he knew they wouldn't. Thanks to cuts to the Home Office and Justice system it takes longer to approve visa applications and deportations aren't happening. The Tory manifesto that was out yesterday is proposing more cuts to Civil Service which will also make the situation worse. The so called "deterrent" alone isn't going to be enough.

According to DEFRA 68% of the area of England is utilised agricultural land. Whilst crop production has been declining the amount of land available has stayed relatively consistent. 2008-2009 saw the biggest decline in agricultural land. 90% of all agricultural land is privately owned. No Govt can just build on privately owned farmland - unless it is sold to a developer and planning permission is granted.

Rishi couldn't dedicate a few hours of his time to attend a world leaders event on D-Day. Proving that he has no time for any negotiation with Foreign leaders. He wants to pull out of the ECHR which is a convention created after WW2 to prevent travesties like the holocaust from ever happening again.

The Tories have already passed legislation to crack down on those with opposing beliefs with the anti protest legislation.

Your concerns are legitimate but everything you are dreading has already happened - under the Conservatives.

pommobear

VIP Member
This. We’ve sadly seem to have lost this over the years and I don’t even mean in relation to other races/nationalities. I also mean in mundane things like driving. People just seem so angry all the time at everything…other than at the people responsible to making things shit it seems (the gov)
I tend to shy away from thinking "the left" and "the right" are one homogenous mass but occasionally you get someone pop up who exemplifies every single tired old stereotype about that particular group. I might not have shared their politics but there were actually a fair few quite decent Tory politicians until Brexit and BoJo drove them out. If anything I would say I probably have more in common WRT my views with those on the centre right than the hard left. I don't think extremes on either side are healthy or nuanced - nuance is hugely missing in general from mainstream politics. I don't think multiculturalism is all flowers and roses either - believe it or not, growing up mixed race and not quite fitting into either identity is fucking hard, made harder by ignorant and small minded attitudes such as those which have been displayed on this thread. However I recognise that society is multifaceted and complex and most problems have numerous contributing factors which go extremely deep.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Cack_Conroe

I’m dreading Keir Starmer’s probable win.

He intends to concrete over the countryside with 1.5 million more houses, lining the pockets of property developer friends while re-labelling them as housing experts. While also importing more and more immigrants into this overcrowded country.
We don’t have enough arable land to feed the country as it is, putting us at risk of starvation.
His economic policies will drive us into hyperinflation so we can’t afford to buy in food either.

He has no real plan for negotiating with foreign powers to cool tensions and reduce chances of world war 3. He is liar, and cannot be trusted to deal with the Israel-Palestine situation sensibly.

He says he will end “Tory culture wars on day 1” - that means cracking down on opposing beliefs using the force of the law. The progress women have made in the past couple of years in fighting to restore our rights will be wiped out.

He is dangerous and will destroy the country.

• Haha

no-no

VIP Member
The Green Party can go back under their rock. increasing NI for “higher earners” aka over £50k and saying “oh, it’s only £5 a week, it’s nothing”. There needs to be a serious review of this £50k nonsense, it’s not a high earner any more. If you have student loans you take home less than £3k. Aren’t MPs always moaning they can’t exist on £90k?

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
It's like a modern day boomery tbh. The same as people who are like 'my daughter scrimped and saved to buy a house, she didn't buy any avocados or go on holiday' when there's other young people who are also not doing those things and struggling to pay their basic rent and bills with literally no money leftover to save. Average private school fees are apparently 12k a year. The fact you can afford that at all - any which way - means that if you weren't paying those fees you would have 12k spare a year in your back pocket. That is privileged when there's people who can't afford to eat.

• Heart