Two sets of twins killed in fire- mum arrested for neglect

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m guessing there would have to be an inquest for the children at least?
There would be a serious case review if the mum was seen to have been abusive or neglectful but I don’t know if that would depend on the outcome of her case or not?

The house is being renovated now as well. Still all quiet here no one talks about it.
house has just had all outside painted, new windows front and back and been completely gutted. The front door was open a whilst ago and you could see inside was just jet black.
honestly can’t believe it’s being done back up to be rented out.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I've just heard on the news it's the sister!?
---
Edit- clearly heard wrong as other reports saying mother

Reactions: 1
Why has this taken so long? It was 2 years ago!?
Does anyone with some legal knowledge know why?

Reactions: 1
Why has this taken so long? It was 2 years ago!?
Does anyone with some legal knowledge know why?
A few possible reasons that spring to mind are length of time required for full fire investigation, building a solid case for the CPS or potential psychiatric involvement for the mother (due to grief).

Reactions: 7
House so cold those poor children had to wear their coats inside. But she could afford to smoke! Glad she’s been charged.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
What is the sentence? Will she go to prison or js it a suspended one?
No sentence yet. When she goes to court on Monday we should find out whether she's pleading guilty or not guilty. Or at least, I think that's what will happen. If she pleads not guilty, it will have to go to trial.

Reactions: 3
I have a feeling she might plead she was mentally unstable at the time - just been arguing with a friend over this as she was saying that the kids were left with someone and not on their own (so why the abandonment charges? and where was this person and why aren’t they nicked for it) and that she has bi-polar. I say this respectfully as possible, as someone without mental health issues…..you know full well you don’t leave kids home alone, especially 4 aged 4 and under. Bi-polar is no excuse

My friend’s source is a colleague who is good friends with the mother…..so I’m not particularly convinced, especially after conversations with locals in general and on here but I can’t help wondering if this is what will happen.

💔 those poor boys though, that’s all that matters at the end of the day.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
i always got the impression that the dad wasn’t as hands on as he pretended to be.
if he was then i’m sure mum would’ve asked him to look after the kids to do a shop
says a lot that she went out to do a food shop? and left them but yet dad was none the wiser
such a tragedy those poor boys

Reactions: 13
i always got the impression that the dad wasn’t as hands on as he pretended to be.
if he was then i’m sure mum would’ve asked him to look after the kids to do a shop
says a lot that she went out to do a food shop? and left them but yet dad was none the wiser
such a tragedy those poor boys
I remember a report at the time said firefighters were called at 7 PM and an onlooker said she arrived back at between half 8 and 9pm
There’s no excuses for what she did

• Heart
Reactions: 10