TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I'll bail on The Terror (Netflix), it's effing disgusting and at the same time somehow boring. I'll watch the season one finale tonight and I don't think I'll stomach season 2 - it's supposed to be a different story, but I don't care...

Any reality shows, love island, big brother, just have zero interest in them. Sorry.
I like documentaries though about interesting stuff, miss time team

Reactions: 5
Euphoria. Watched the first season and thought it was okay. Couldn’t make it through the second season though. I feel like I’m in the minority as everyone raves about it. Guess it’s just not for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
love island
Somehow the TikTok clips make it look more entertaining than it is. I tuned in a while ago to watch an episode of this series and it was just so bland

I rather liked the first series so I don't know where they went wrong with it, though the people all chasing after fame probably doesn't help

Bailed on Derry Girls season 3. The first few episodes felt very forced and unnatural and like they were trying too hard

Reactions: 3
Anatomy of a Scandal

I didn't even make it through the first episode entirely, it was effing boring. Couldn't tell you what it was about and couldn't remember the title until I went through my Netflix history.

Reactions: 2
Anatomy of a Scandal

I didn't even make it through the first episode entirely, it was effing boring. Couldn't tell you what it was about and couldn't remember the title until I went through my Netflix history.
Not watched it but the book is really good.

Reactions: 1
How To Get Away With Murder, loved it at the beginning but the last season just didn’t grab me.

Community. First 2 or 3 series are great, but the characters become complete caricatures and it feels like the storylines are trying too hard to be self-aware and meta.

Community. First 2 or 3 series are great, but the characters become complete caricatures and it feels like the storylines are trying too hard to be self-aware and meta.
Oh god, yes. I mentioned Community earlier in the thread. It just never needed to be so OTT madcap and it got really repetitive, too, trying to constantly out-zany itself.

This Is Us became truly awful. I thought the first episode was clever, first couple of seasons OK. Then I just got sick of Kate and her moaning and the cheesy speeches set to guitar music.

Riverdale. At first I liked that it was a dark teen drama, but then it got so so stupid.

Made it to season three of Peaky Blinders and just got bored really. It just seemed like the same story over and over. Some gang would challenge them, you’d think they’d lost, then it’d turn out Tommy had some big plan all along.

Bump season 2

It's just overly cheesy and seems like it should be on a more mature version of CBBC

Better call Saul. Tried about 5 times to get into it. I just don’t care enough about the characters

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We stopped watching Better Call Saul season 5 aaaaages ago, and then started again this week and have binged it in a few days 😅 you have to be in the right frame of mind for tv like that though.

I was the same with Peaky Blinders as well, the last series was meh and I could have taken or left it until the final episode which was just incredible.

I tell myself there’s nothing wrong with just wanting to watch something easy or familiar at times. But I also struggle with the sunk cost fallacy and think.. I’ve come so far I can’t not finish it now 😂 even if it’s truly terrible.

Reactions: 2
This Is Us became truly awful. I thought the first episode was clever, first couple of seasons OK. Then I just got sick of Kate and her moaning and the cheesy speeches set to guitar music.

Riverdale. At first I liked that it was a dark teen drama, but then it got so so stupid.

Made it to season three of Peaky Blinders and just got bored really. It just seemed like the same story over and over. Some gang would challenge them, you’d think they’d lost, then it’d turn out Tommy had some big plan all along.
Very interesting, we’re about 8 episodes into Season 1 and there’s still like another 100 to go and already a bit tiresome (despite the obvious eye candy 😍) should I cut my losses?

Marriage- I had high hopes because of Nicola Walker but it was so boring. Not to mention the extremely annoying opening song that I had to mute every single time.

Marriage- I had high hopes because of Nicola Walker but it was so boring. Not to mention the extremely annoying opening song that I had to mute every single time.
I agree. I get it was supposed to be about the mundanity of married life but absolutely nothing happened and they were both quite dislikable.

Reactions: 3
I agree. I get it was supposed to be about the mundanity of married life but absolutely nothing happened and they were both quite dislikable.
Nicola was irritating and Sean was a creep! I don't know how two incredible actors would read the script and agree to star in it.