TV Ads You Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“We need to talk about the elephant in the room. Not you Ola!” Gaaaaad it makes me want to punch myself in the face!

Bad move PG Tips, bring back Johnny Vegas and Monkeh!

Reactions: 6
The Indeed adverts...
'A friend told me about Indeed' ...Really? Because it's literally the second thing that comes up in a Google search so I'm not sure how you've missed it.
'Indeed helped me kickstart my career' ...Oh behave, all Indeed does is help you fire off random CVs 10 to the dozen

Reactions: 5
the most recent Go Compare one where the guy reveals he is actual an opera singer... I mean who cares?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That cheesey Interflora one where that guy is like 'we've been together a while now.. Will you get a dog with me?!' And then it cuts to him posing with a dog lead 🤮 Vomit

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The Go Compare ones are beyond crap now, I'm actually embarrassed for the poor sod.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That conservatory advert with Anna Ryder-Richardson, why does it sound like a Christmas jingle?

Reactions: 3
The worst advert ever is that one for incontinence pads where that woman claims to be blessed 🤮😖 freaking awful!

• Haha
Oh wow. The new Lenor advert for the scent boosters. The woman who says ‘Mine! 😬

I’ve got the rage.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh wow. The new Lenor advert for the scent boosters. The woman who says ‘Mine! 😬

I’ve got the rage.
I hate that one and the one before it, where the same woman goes 'No way!' along with all the other individuals who've never been in a clean bed before.
Can't remember if I've said it so apologies if so, but the ice cream advert with Sandi Toksvig (who I like) as it's been on too many times. I hate the word 'moreish' as well. Makes me gag.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Holy duck philip schofield in the Gin Ad.I can’t stand him the best of times but that ad he come across even more smug than usual
Hungermama aka Bethie Hungerford who has a thread on here, is in one of the ads with him. She’s in charge of their social media.

I don't understand the Direct Line advert where the woman says they can "guarantee they'll (the workman) use the door bell." Is it supposed to be a joke? How else would you know he's arrived?
Not seen this advert but I once employed a company to do some gardening and I had given them some keys to my then flat as there wasn’t a side entrance. They once let themselves in early am while I was in bed without ringing the bell which flabbergasted me. Sacked them afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Holy duck philip schofield in the Gin Ad.I can’t stand him the best of times but that ad he come across even more smug than usual
But he's also Knowing Better than You in some stupid car buying advert. I cannot stand him either, whatever he's on!

Omg this was on comedy central non stop a while back. My 8yo heard it and for days after he kept going "erectile dysfunction is common" in the guys voice!!!
We had a right laugh about this advert;. Imagine this. Your brown paper envelope arrives from Numan so you sneak it indoors hoping the postman did not see the word NUMAN plastered across the top, you open it in keen anticipation only to find its two lollysticks and a piece of Elastoplast dressing strip; Hahahahaha! Have you seen their ad with all the rockets misfiring and falling over though? LOL

Step One pants are really trying to finish us off with overkill. A new advert every week!

Frankly the sight of the big bloke in a too-tight-tshirt wearing his pants, accentuated by socks and sliders is - well - just too much BARF :sick: so
I guess these are pants for Blokes though instead of the poncy ones Beckham used to wear :)

Oh and while I'm on my high horse :) what about that dreadful one from Verisure home security?

First off they've raided the School for Cardboard Actors to come up with perhaps the worst pair ever.

1. The would-be-client who has "just come home to find burglars have broken in..........." delivered in a strange monotone voice. In reality people would be throwing a mental over it not casually thinking 'Duh I'd better ring Verisure now!'

2. The telesales woman. Completely devoid of any trace of acting ability which sounds in reality like she's reading the Idiot Boards in front of her, a completely deadpan performance delivered as she stares blankly into space.
The ad agency responsible for this rubbish should be lynched

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
It's just been on but can't remember specifically what it's for other than life insurance/don't leave me on the ground after I'm dead sort of advert, where a dad is watching an old family holiday with his son (who at the end forces a laughed 'Nice hat, Dad'). I've never seen a child look so uncomfortable when being hugged at the start, which in turn makes me uncomfortable.

It's just been on but can't remember specifically what it's for other than life insurance/don't leave me on the ground after I'm dead sort of advert, where a dad is watching an old family holiday with his son (who at the end forces a laughed 'Nice hat, Dad'). I've never seen a child look so uncomfortable when being hugged at the start, which in turn makes me uncomfortable.
Yeah that advert has been on TV ages. Smart life insurance.
The other 1 I hate is the one for Dead happy life insurance. Yeah funny name and all that!