TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the best place to vent!

When you say panics and can’t have sex, do you mean because he’s panicking about the future/having a baby, or more literally like the pressure gets to him in the moment?
It’s like the pressure in the moment, this might be tmi but he says he worries that he won’t stay hard and then doesn’t 🤦🏼‍♀️
I made a joke that I’ll have to stop wearing nice underwear and just wear granny knickers instead cause if I don’t joke I’ll cry

Reactions: 2
It’s like the pressure in the moment, this might be tmi but he says he worries that he won’t stay hard and then doesn’t 🤦🏼‍♀️
I made a joke that I’ll have to stop wearing nice underwear and just wear granny knickers instead cause if I don’t joke I’ll cry
Wanted to check before I answered haha but I completely get it. My partner has felt the pressure too this month.

It’s difficult isn’t it because you don’t want to take the fun out of it, but as soon as there’s a schedule it sort of goes that way. I was wondering if it would help if my partner didn’t know the ins and outs of my peak days so maybe he wouldn’t think about it so much, not sure if that would help yours either?

I really put the effort in this month (nice underwear, outfits etc) but towards the end of trying my poor partner was like it’s not you I’m just exhausted 😂

I share your frustration though, I’m a similar age to you and it feels like you just have a small chance each month that you don’t want to waste!

Today’s my predicted ovulation day & for the last two months every time it’s got to this time of the month it’s like my boyfriend panics & gets into his head and just can’t have sex.
I don’t blame him but I end up really getting into my head, I’m nearly 28 and I just feel like time is running out. I know it isn’t but I feel like if I don’t get pregnant soon I’ll be 29 etc when they’re born or I’ll have problems carrying to term or my eggs won’t be good and so much stupid stuff.
I’m really sorry I just really needed to vent and get it out of my head and I didn’t really have anywhere else to moan. It’s so hard when all you want is to be pregnant and have a baby & things work against you!

I am genuinely so happy for everyone whose had their positives recently though ❤
Have you thought about not telling him when your peak is so he doesnt feel as much pressure. My hubby hates such organised sex so I don't make a big deal out of it when it is my peak as one time it didn't work out well lol.

Have you thought about not telling him when your peak is so he doesnt feel as much pressure. My hubby hates such organised sex so I don't make a big deal out of it when it is my peak as one time it didn't work out well lol.
Wanted to check before I answered haha but I completely get it. My partner has felt the pressure too this month.

It’s difficult isn’t it because you don’t want to take the fun out of it, but as soon as there’s a schedule it sort of goes that way. I was wondering if it would help if my partner didn’t know the ins and outs of my peak days so maybe he wouldn’t think about it so much, not sure if that would help yours either?

I really put the effort in this month (nice underwear, outfits etc) but towards the end of trying my poor partner was like it’s not you I’m just exhausted 😂

I share your frustration though, I’m a similar age to you and it feels like you just have a small chance each month that you don’t want to waste!
Thats the thing I hadn’t told him yesterday was my peak just that it’s around this week. I’m never wearing nice underwear again it clearly scares him, primark £1.50s everyday 😂

thank you girls for responding and making me feel less stupid x

Reactions: 4
Hi All 🙂

TTC baby number 1. Had my implant removed early October and been using OPKs since my first period and this month was the first month it confirmed a peak. Nov and Dec were always in the 0.15-0.30 range and this month it peaked at 1.93 with 0.71 and 0.73 before and after. Unfortunately never DTD on OVU day but 2 days before, god knows why we never done it. Do you think I should completely write this month off? Currently 4 DPO.

Thats the thing I hadn’t told him yesterday was my peak just that it’s around this week. I’m never wearing nice underwear again it clearly scares him, primark £1.50s everyday 😂

That's so funny. Yeah I never bother with the fancy underwear...doesnt stay on long anyway does it 🤣🤣 you're definitely not stupid, you want a baby and I think in my experience with me and friends, is that the second you decide you want one...its pretty hard to not become obsessed with it all. I know you think time may be running out but you are in your prime, I'm 9 years older lol. I had my first at 34. You'll be fine! Just stick to the primani pants 🤣🤣 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hey sorry to jump on the thread. We aren’t TTC but hoping to be in the next few months. I naively never thought about having an issue getting the coil taken out in terms of covid. My friend had her implant taken out on Monday at her GP. Have you had any luck? Hope you get it sorted soon!

And good luck to you all got everything crossed for 🤞
I booked in for my smear test and the nurse actually just took it out there and then when I asked - not sure whether it was just luck

I’d definitely look in to getting on a waiting list if it’s anything like round here 🙂

Wondering if anyone can advise about reading OPKs. Previously when TTC I used the clear blue so I didn’t have to read the lines. This time I’m using strips. I know that the line has to be as dark or darker than the control to be positive but when it gets close- does that mean anything or is a negative a negative and there’s just normal fluctuations? I should be ovulating round about now, if I do ovulate that is as im not sure due to PCOS and long cycles. Attached photo- today looks quite dark to me but it is still being read as low by the app. Also a photo of today’s test not in the app

Attachments

Wondering if anyone can advise about reading OPKs. Previously when TTC I used the clear blue so I didn’t have to read the lines. This time I’m using strips. I know that the line has to be as dark or darker than the control to be positive but when it gets close- does that mean anything or is a negative a negative and there’s just normal fluctuations? I should be ovulating round about now, if I do ovulate that is as im not sure due to PCOS and long cycles. Attached photo- today looks quite dark to me but it is still being read as low by the app. Also a photo of today’s test not in the app
Have you tried manually inputting the reads? Sometimes with lighting it isn't picked up as dark as it shows oknthe actual test so I will adjust it to reflect correctly.

Have you tried manually inputting the reads? Sometimes with lighting it isn't picked up as dark as it shows oknthe actual test so I will adjust it to reflect correctly.
I think that’s my q- I’m not too sure what counts as high or peak when reading these! This looks like it would be high to me definitely compared to my previous days tests but it’s still lighter than control so negative?

I think that’s my q- I’m not too sure what counts as high or peak when reading these! This looks like it would be high to me definitely compared to my previous days tests but it’s still lighter than control so negative?
This is what mines looks like, it will say at the right hand side, high, low, peak etc. The one above peak was reading as low until I manually adjusted the colours to match what was showing on the test.

Attachments

This is what mines looks like, it will say at the right hand side, high, low, peak etc. The one above peak was reading as low until I manually adjusted the colours to match what was showing on the test.
Thanks! Just did a clear blue one to check and it’s bloody negative not even high- but will test again later today and tomorrow and hopefully get somewhere...

I’ve been going by what the app says, but I’d definitely say make sure you take the pics in good lighting. I put mine on the windowsill in natural light as that seems to work. I had a couple of tests where it wouldn’t pick up the level at first, or said it was 0, but then I retook the test in better lighting and it picked it up.

I think it is natural for them to fluctuate anyway though (these are mine).

Attachments

Hi, in my experience opks are unreliable with pcos unfortunately. I’d recommend bbt charting as it might help with a pattern so you have an idea when you’re ovulating. TTC is so tough and even tougher with pcos!!

Hi, in my experience opks are unreliable with pcos unfortunately. I’d recommend bbt charting as it might help with a pattern so you have an idea when you’re ovulating. TTC is so tough and even tougher with pcos!!
I am doing that as well but wanted to do as many methods as possible just to see what I got! I only weigh about 1 stone more now than when I got pregnant the first time but that one stone/the hormones of giving birth or a combination seem to have kicked off the PCOS as I only got diagnosed 6 months ago, my cycles were completely regular before and the OPKs worked no problem! Literally no symptoms whatsoever so of course I never thought I had it. Trying to lose that stone to see if my periods go back to normal but I’m convinced the first pregnancy has sent my body completely out of whack...

Started OPKs and temping this morning using Premom. Looking forward to reading everyone else's journeys and experiences!

Reactions: 3
My sister (32) has been trying to conceive her second baby for over 15 months now. I feel so bad for her every time a friend or relative announces a pregnancy she’s gets so upset. I wish I could help her but don’t want to upset her either 😩

12DPO and a BFN. Still no AF (due in two days) so I’ll keep testing until then but already feeling so bummed out. This was my first cycle using OPKs so I was feeling empowered but I won’t give up for this cycle until AF comes.

Reactions: 2
Thank you to everyone for helping me with the ovulation testing. We’re a few days into our first month of trying and I’m quite excited to find out if I ovulate (not 100% convinced that I do as I still breastfeed at night). But fingers crossed!

This TWW is killing me!! All I can think of is announcing to my husband and announcing to my family and buying baby stuff and having a bump and sickness!!! 7 days to go 🙄😂

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.