TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker here 😊

I had unexplained infertility while trying to get pregnant with my daughter. At that point after having the AMH test i was told my levels were around 8.5 so even though it was the lower end of the scale it was deemed healthy. I started on clomid and caught on my third cycle.

We decided last year to go back and ask for another course of clomid and had the AMH test done & was booked for a hycosy in March which then got cancelled cos of covid. A nurse has rang me today as they are restarting the clinics again and told me that my levels are now around 4. She has booked me in to see the doctor now as she said that it is likely now that we will need ivf ☹

Has anyone been lucky enough to concieve taking clomid with their levels this low? I didn’t really want to go down the ivf route ☹

So, we don’t have children and I miscarried our baby on Valentines Day 2019. It was all very traumatic for me physically more than mentally I think. This year we want to try again (preferably in the summer once we’ve cleared a couple of debts, I know there’s never an ideal time but I’d rather know we are giving ourselves the best chance financially so I can have mat leave longer than three months etc) only thing is I am PETRIFIED to put myself in that vulnerable position again - what if it happens again, mentally I’m not sure I’d cope. I’m also annoyed we missed out on so many holidays etc in 2020 and the odds of us getting them now before we try for a baby are slim. So I’m angry at the world for that because it’s time we can never get back. Aware I’m sounding very selfish and I know people have it far worse but please don’t judge, it’s the way I’m feeling
Sending lots of love! You feel however u want to feel! Xxx

I know some women might disagree with me here but if your husband is being awkward about having the conversation of TTC but you know he would be happy to have kids with you I would just track your ovulation and do the deed without letting him know you are about to ovulate. I ended up doing this because my husband is a bit awkward and finds these conversations really cringe as do I a bit 🙈 and when I got pregnant a few months down the line he was delighted. Good luck to you whatever happens 👶🏼
Eh, ever heard of consent?

Reactions: 11
I feel the same, one after another. Took us 18 months and then I miscarried at the beginning of December. We should have been telling people in a couple of weeks and instead everyone seems to be announcing instead. Sending you lots of love.
I am exactly the same, ttc for same amount of time and then miscarriaged in december. We shall get through this, just need to stay positive (no matter how much i want to punch people who have said that to me at the time!!!)

Hi all, I have been avoiding this thread for a little while as it stirs up too many feelings but I'm so glad I did, it's nice to know that I'm not alone 🧡

We started ttc June 2019 and managed to fall pregnant in July, however I had an early miscarriage so we decided to stop trying for a while. I then started a great new job on what would have been my due date so it kind of felt like everything happens for a reason.

But since we started again arghhh it's been so frustrating, especially as we fell so quick the first time around. What doesn't help is my bro in law and his fiance are now expecting a baby because 'they don't want to put their plans on hold' and his fiance is 10 years younger than me 😭
Argh how annoying. I feel so guilty resenting people when they announce but its so natural to feel that way and we mustnt punish ourselves! I let stress take over me and it probably worked against me for many months!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bit off topic but did any of you have to bring up to your partners that you wanted to start TTC or were you all on the same page as them? My fiancé and I talk about kids a lot but when it comes to actually having the discussion of when we'd actually want to start TTC, he either makes a joke or brushes over it and nothing comes of it which frustrates me (it's maybe just a man thing idk) 😄🤦🏼‍♀️ I don't want to seem pushy on the topic as I'm the one who has to keep raising the topic but I don't know how much longer I can keep holding off. Like most women we worry about how long it will take and having had issues with losing my period in the past due to illness it does concern me if there was any lasting effects because of that but you never know these things until you're TTC.

I think a lot of men think getting pregnant is as easy as they teach you at school, all you to do is have unprotected sex and you'll definitely get pregnant when it's not as simple and straightforward as that. So they don't see the need for forward planning with cycles, coming off BC, tracking ovulation etc.

I'm rambling but hoping someone gets me 🙈😂
I bought it up with my husband. We got married in August and he was insistent that it was 12 months or marriage until we started trying. I then talked him round to 6 months but then I told that I'd decides to come off my pill at the end of my strip in december so it was up to him to be sensible 🤷🏼‍♀️ fast forward approximately 5 minutes and he then decided to agree trying and acknowledged it doesn't happen overnight 🤣

My brother in law also said that you're never fully prepared for a child anyway so whether it's now or later he will still have a shock 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
We were both on the same page sort of, we kept on talking about children for a few months and when we would try, and in the end hubby said if we just keep talking about it, we’ll never decide to take the plunge, so we did and see what happens ☺ But I get the cringe bit! As I really wanted to start trying but he was a bit wary, but now it’s all good.

Currently at 2ww - slowest wait, ever! My periods are so erratic, the waiting is killing me! Last one was spotting for a week before my actual period started for another week so god knows what’s happening this month 😂 keeping my fingers crossed though!

Reactions: 1
Hi guys!

Quick question, has anyone had a hysterosalpingogram to check if your Fallopian tubes are not blocked?

Just wondering what it’s like, I’m really anxious
I was expecting it to be worse but definitely take a strong painkiller and I took Valium too helped relax me. The pain was very intense but literally for like 2 mins over v fast. The clamp thing and getting in catherter was more uncomfortable than painful. I’d one blocked tube so maybe why the pain seemed intense but was super quick and no pain after

Bit off topic but did any of you have to bring up to your partners that you wanted to start TTC or were you all on the same page as them? My fiancé and I talk about kids a lot but when it comes to actually having the discussion of when we'd actually want to start TTC, he either makes a joke or brushes over it and nothing comes of it which frustrates me (it's maybe just a man thing idk) 😄🤦🏼‍♀️ I don't want to seem pushy on the topic as I'm the one who has to keep raising the topic but I don't know how much longer I can keep holding off. Like most women we worry about how long it will take and having had issues with losing my period in the past due to illness it does concern me if there was any lasting effects because of that but you never know these things until you're TTC.

I think a lot of men think getting pregnant is as easy as they teach you at school, all you to do is have unprotected sex and you'll definitely get pregnant when it's not as simple and straightforward as that. So they don't see the need for forward planning with cycles, coming off BC, tracking ovulation etc.

I'm rambling but hoping someone gets me 🙈😂
I’d been mentioning kids for the last year (2019), but to be honest I wasn’t 100% certain back then either. We were hoping to move house and he wanted to get a new job before we started trying.

Last year in May we bought our new house and I floated the idea of coming off the pill. He was still a bit unsure and I had to explain to him that it can take time to get back to normal etc. Because of some of my own plans (weekends away, not wanting to be on my period for birthdays etc), I decided myself that I would take it up until September and he was happy with that. We actually ended up getting engaged in September too (which I now realise he’d been planning the whole time) and we spoke about it much more seriously and from then he’s been as keen as I am! We talk about it all the time and he even asks when I’m ovulating and takes the supplements I bought him 😂

I get what you mean about finding it frustrating when they’re unsure though. I was like that for a while, I’d talk about babies and feel so broody and he’d just be like “yeah wait for us to be ready and then we can try”. I felt ready back then and used to get upset because I didn’t feel like he was taking it seriously. Now I realise he really did just feel like he needed a bit more time, which I suppose is fair because it’s a massive life change and a big decision to make.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ok so this is extremely bizarre but on I told my husband to take an ovulation test just because I was curious 🙄😂. Anyways a line came up?? How do they work? I know the line has to be atleast as strong as the other but I didn’t think It would have been possible for a line to appear with a mans wee

I’ve done my first ovulation test today and it was positive, yay. But what does this mean? 🤣

We aren’t TTC until around April - I just want to be prepared and know my cycle. If we were trying now, does this positive result mean we would need to have sex now or in a few days?

I’m using the Ovia app and because I entered the positive result today, it changed all my ovulation days.

Ok so this is extremely bizarre but on I told my husband to take an ovulation test just because I was curious 🙄😂. Anyways a line came up?? How do they work? I know the line has to be atleast as strong as the other but I didn’t think It would have been possible for a line to appear with a mans wee
Both lines?

I’ve done my first ovulation test today and it was positive, yay. But what does this mean? 🤣

We aren’t TTC until around April - I just want to be prepared and know my cycle. If we were trying now, does this positive result mean we would need to have sex now or in a few days?

I’m using the Ovia app and because I entered the positive result today, it changed all my ovulation days.

Both lines?
Yes both lines, it wasn’t a positive result but still 2 lines

@Bobbleowl90 which ones are you using? I got mine off Amazon, they’re called Premom and come with an app. So you take a photo of the little strip and upload it to the app and it records your fertility levels/when your peak time to try will be. I use Ovia too but I think this one might be a bit more accurate, it’s put my ovulation date a few days before the Premom one has (which is the one I’m logging my tests on)

So tempted to get mine to do one now too 😂

Attachments

@Bobbleowl90 which ones are you using? I got mine off Amazon, they’re called Premom and come with an app. So you take a photo of the little strip and upload it to the app and it records your fertility levels/when your peak time to try will be.

I just got a box from asda. I’ve had a look at the Amazon ones and that sounds like a good idea and a lot cheaper too! Thanks 😊

I just got a box from asda. I’ve had a look at the Amazon ones and that sounds like a good idea and a lot cheaper too! Thanks 😊
Yeah they do work out cheaper I think. I’ve only just started using them this week but finding it interesting to see and hopefully more accurate!

The hormone the OPKs detect is also present in men too. So even the tiniest amount of LH in your husbands will will show both lines x

@Bobbleowl90 which ones are you using? I got mine off Amazon, they’re called Premom and come with an app. So you take a photo of the little strip and upload it to the app and it records your fertility levels/when your peak time to try will be. I use Ovia too but I think this one might be a bit more accurate, it’s put my ovulation date a few days before the Premom one has (which is the one I’m logging my tests on)

I swear by premom!

Reactions: 2

I’m going to order this now on your recommendation. I only get a period every 64 days, the dr has said I probably don’t ovulate and the period is just when the lining builds up so much it just sheds itself. I have PCOS, only recently diagnosed, but before I had my first I had regular 35 day cycles. I have just googled to see if anyone has conceived on long cycles and some people have said they conceived after ovulating on day 79 etc! Gives me a little hope, I have done some half hearted opks but always negative as I don’t know what days to test. I’m really hoping that since I get the period very regularly (as in always day 64) that means I might ovulate. Since I have the PCOS diagnosis they won’t do any other tests until they see me in fertility, I’m getting referred in April but I anticipate there will be delays due to covid. The dr seemed to think if I just have regular sex and lose some weight to address the pcos I would get pregnant but i really don’t have the time or inclination to have sex every two days for the whole cycle 😬😬😬

I’m going to order this now on your recommendation. I only get a period every 64 days, the dr has said I probably don’t ovulate and the period is just when the lining builds up so much it just sheds itself. I have PCOS, only recently diagnosed, but before I had my first I had regular 35 day cycles. I have just googled to see if anyone has conceived on long cycles and some people have said they conceived after ovulating on day 79 etc! Gives me a little hope, I have done some half hearted opks but always negative as I don’t know what days to test. I’m really hoping that since I get the period very regularly (as in always day 64) that means I might ovulate. Since I have the PCOS diagnosis they won’t do any other tests until they see me in fertility, I’m getting referred in April but I anticipate there will be delays due to covid. The dr seemed to think if I just have regular sex and lose some weight to address the pcos I would get pregnant but i really don’t have the time or inclination to have sex every two days for the whole cycle 😬😬😬
Yeah it’s definitely worth giving it a go! I wasn’t sure how they worked to start with but you quickly get the hang of it, the app is really useful and they have some videos/other content that explains what you have to do and what it all means.

Anything that gives you a better understanding is a good thing I think 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.