TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi how is everyone doing?
I’m about to start my TWW. I feel like my AF week & ovulation come around really quickly but the TWW always feels like 2 years. But I guess with lockdown easing soon it will be easier to stay distracted with other things.
I’m feeling quite relaxed this month, I’ve asked my husband to hide the stash of HPT I’ve kept in the bathroom to stop early testing and didn’t bother with an OPK this month. We just DTD when we felt was right. Got everything crossed this month.
Good luck to you all ❤.
Hey! I'm 2 DPO so we are kinda on the same timeline. Wishing you luck! As usual I'm looking out for every single twinge and then googling it 😂

Reactions: 2
Hey! I'm 2 DPO so we are kinda on the same timeline. Wishing you luck! As usual I'm looking out for every single twinge and then googling it 😂
I know I’m on the look out about 10 mins after ovulation 😂😂. Really trying to stop myself this month 😅

I’m 3 dpo after ovulating CD26 - not very hopeful this month at all as only DTD once near ovulation as it was so late in the month.

I think I've said before I've only just had my implant out.... I'm now on my third period within a month 😭
It will settle down but I feel your pain! I had a month long period last year 😶

People who don’t struggle to conceive don’t have a clue what we go through

I was clearing out old paperwork and found the instructions to when my husband had to drop off his sperm at the hospital to be analysed. It gave such detailed instructions 🤦‍♀️ It then scares you by saying how you must keep the sample warm 🤮 etc. We still laugh about him driving carefully with this sample in his jacket pocket and avoiding speed bumps 😆

Like I say, people who just have a quick fumble have no idea how lucky they are

Reactions: 8
Hi how is everyone doing?
I’m about to start my TWW. I feel like my AF week & ovulation come around really quickly but the TWW always feels like 2 years. But I guess with lockdown easing soon it will be easier to stay distracted with other things.
I’m feeling quite relaxed this month, I’ve asked my husband to hide the stash of HPT I’ve kept in the bathroom to stop early testing and didn’t bother with an OPK this month. We just DTD when we felt was right. Got everything crossed this month.
Good luck to you all ❤.
Fingers crossed for you.
I’m sick of the disappointment of trying already and it’s only been a few months. The world has been a tit show for a year so it’s putting me in a negative mindset which I’m sure isn’t helping us.

Reactions: 1
I’m on the path to getting some answers (ttc 2.5 yrs)
Had bloods and urine tested this week and have to phone next week to arrange an appointment for either a HyCoSy or the other similar test, can’t remember the name. It’s my choice what I have. One they insert dye through the cervix and one is saline then they do a detailed X-ray to see if there are any blockages

Reactions: 3
A friend announced yesterday she is pregnant and I cried all evening... felt better today as soon as I woke up but its always the night time when I obsess over this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I’m awaiting my period. I have an irregular period but it’s 5 days late. Last month during fertile window I was slightly unwell. So only had sex twice during that window.
I have no symptoms this time for period or even pregnancy. I have lost the plot and done 4 pregnancy tests. I can’t help it I get the urge almost like an addict. I even drive to the shops when my husband is at work.
If there was no lockdown I would not be so obsessed.
I doubt I’m pregnant but I just want AF to appear so I can try again.
From 12th April I’ve decided I’m going to delete the apps and not use the ovulation sticks and when it happens it happens. I can’t continue like this it’s not healthy. The first week after ovulation I am strong. It’s the end of the second week I obsess with pregnancy tests. As much as I am desperate to conceive I do laugh at myself. I have lost the plot haha.
As someone mentioned earlier some women are so lucky they conceive early and they don’t realise how lucky they are. But I guess we are blessed in all sorts of ways.
Good luck ladies :))

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m awaiting my period. I have an irregular period but it’s 5 days late. Last month during fertile window I was slightly unwell. So only had sex twice during that window.
I have no symptoms this time for period or even pregnancy. I have lost the plot and done 4 pregnancy tests. I can’t help it I get the urge almost like an addict. I even drive to the shops when my husband is at work.
From 12th April I’ve decided I’m going to delete the apps and not use the ovulation sticks and when it happens it happens. I can’t continue like this it’s not healthy. The first week after ovulation I am strong. It’s the end of the second week I obsess with pregnancy tests. As much as I am desperate to conceive I do laugh at myself. I have lost the plot haha.
As someone mentioned earlier some women are so lucky they conceive early and they don’t realise how lucky they are. But I guess we are blessed in all sorts of ways.

This is exactly what I did. I’d become obsessed with my cycle and it was having a real impact on my relationship. Also got sick of wasting loads of money of ovulation and pregnancy tests.

We had tried for 2 years using all manner of apps, tests etc. I finally got pregnant 3 months after stopping using the extra stuff x

• Heart
I’m loosely doing BBT using natural cycles, the first month I woke up every day at 2.30am and then could not get back to sleep. So I stopped worrying about it so much. I know it’s not going to be very accurate but it’s better than nothing because I’ve got pcos I’ve not got a clue when or if I ovulate 😊

Officially 1dpo today, had the most horrendous ovulation pain last night! Had to take pain killers, have a really hot bath and had a hot water bottle but I'm just taking it as a good sign. Got my static smiley yesterday morning and ddt the night before so I'm feeling positive for this month ☺

I've also made a promise to myself I won't test early this month and instead treat myself with the money I'd have wasted on hpts, if I get my period.

Reactions: 4
I’m loosely doing BBT using natural cycles, the first month I woke up every day at 2.30am and then could not get back to sleep. So I stopped worrying about it so much. I know it’s not going to be very accurate but it’s better than nothing because I’ve got pcos I’ve not got a clue when or if I ovulate 😊
Have you looked in to Ovusense at all? It's an ovulation monitor specifically designed for those with PCOS. I've heard a couple of success stories from people who use it.

I had all of the ovulation signs yesterday - a positive OPK (though only ‘high’ on Clearblue digital), pain in the general ovary area, lots of EWCM, which I don’t often get, and increased sex drive. I took another OPK this morning and it’s lower - still a fairly dark second line but a good way away from a positive. Is this normal after ovulation? I don’t normally test after I’ve had a peak but because I didn’t have one on the clearblue I thought it was worth a try.

I’m hoping my OvuSense will show a temperature raise tonight!

I had all of the ovulation signs yesterday - a positive OPK (though only ‘high’ on Clearblue digital), pain in the general ovary area, lots of EWCM, which I don’t often get, and increased sex drive. I took another OPK this morning and it’s lower - still a fairly dark second line but a good way away from a positive. Is this normal after ovulation? I don’t normally test after I’ve had a peak but because I didn’t have one on the clearblue I thought it was worth a try.

I’m hoping my OvuSense will show a temperature raise tonight!
I OPK test with strips and I find that I get my positive/peak the day before ovulation. So I'll have the positive the day before the app predicted I'll ovulate but then the day after the line is nowhere near as strong, but still darker than the start of my cycle. Hope that makes sense! Good luck to you 🤞🏻

I OPK test with strips and I find that I get my positive/peak the day before ovulation. So I'll have the positive the day before the app predicted I'll ovulate but then the day after the line is nowhere near as strong, but still darker than the start of my cycle. Hope that makes sense! Good luck to you 🤞🏻
Yeah that really helps, thank you! Hoping for a temp rise 🤞🏻
We often struggle to time it right because my partner is a paramedic and works insane shifts, but we DTD yesterday and today, so if ive ovulated one of those two days, I’m hoping we have a chance!

Out of curiosity has anyone changed some things in their diet or lifestyle?
I have cut out alcohol completely, dying for a glass now but I’m on a roll and don’t want to ruin it.
I now have one coffee a day.
Also I sleep at least 8 hours a day or more now as pre lockdown I was on 6-7 hours a day.
I increased my fat intake.
i walk more in the day light.
Just wondering if anyone else has made some changes to their diets or lifestyle?

Those of you who have had a MC before, how long did you wait until TTC again? I had a MMC at 8 weeks pregnant 2 weeks ago. My body feels okay now and im no longer bleeding or cramping but emotionally I’m still all over the place - ok one minute, overwhelmed with sadness the next, then angry, then guilty, then ok again! I know it’s very early days and hopefully my emotions will calm down a bit soon.
My partner and I really want another baby (our daughter is nearly 7 and im getting conscious of the ever growing age gap!) and he’s said let’s try again on my next cycle (if I want to). I do want to but I’m terrified of going through all this again so soon. This was our first MMC and hopefully our last but I just feel very anxious about the same thing happening. Obviously though even if we start trying that doesn’t mean it will happen straight away - we were fortunate last time it happened within 3 months of trying but may not be that lucky this time. Have others started trying again as soon as you can or have you waited a while?
I started as soon as the bleeding stopped, as my miscarriage was quite early on, although the doctor did say its best to let your lining build up again by waiting a cycle or two. I just wanted to feel back to normal again, i felt i had wasted so much time from finding out id miscarriaged to having a d&c, it was a month or so to get it all sorted. I ovulated two weeks after the d&c and everything seems ok again so fingers crossed! Sending lots of love and luck and keep strong, some days i am so down about it, paranoid what people think, sensitive etc. But over time iv learnt to love myself again and just hope for a positive test soon!

People who don’t struggle to conceive don’t have a clue what we go through

I was clearing out old paperwork and found the instructions to when my husband had to drop off his sperm at the hospital to be analysed. It gave such detailed instructions 🤦‍♀️ It then scares you by saying how you must keep the sample warm 🤮 etc. We still laugh about him driving carefully with this sample in his jacket pocket and avoiding speed bumps 😆

Like I say, people who just have a quick fumble have no idea how lucky they are
Omg exactly. Some people i know got pregnant the first time they tried. I think wtf! How is that far. Now one is trying again, and said she is going to try for a girl as she already has two boys.. after a few months of not falling pregnant she is going crazy, obsessing over ovulation, her age, vitamins etc - happens to us all i guess. I’d be happy with an alien im so desperate :ROFLMAO:

Darling i completely agree, i bought all the vitamins, ovulation sticks, thermometer, and fertility lubrication. I was making myself ill and our relationship was strained!! So i gave it all up, and within two months i fell pregnant! God knows how, although i did miscarry so just hoping i can continue my chilled approach! Genuinely think its the hardest thing i have ever been though emotionally/psychologically!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Have you looked in to Ovusense at all? It's an ovulation monitor specifically designed for those with PCOS. I've heard a couple of success stories from people who use it.
Yes I’ve seen them, it does look good! It’s only early days for me, I’m only on month 3 ttc so if it doesn’t happen in the next couple of months I will definitely get one! 😊

Out of curiosity has anyone changed some things in their diet or lifestyle?
I have cut out alcohol completely, dying for a glass now but I’m on a roll and don’t want to ruin it.
I now have one coffee a day.
Also I sleep at least 8 hours a day or more now as pre lockdown I was on 6-7 hours a day.
I increased my fat intake.
i walk more in the day light.
Just wondering if anyone else has made some changes to their diets or lifestyle?
I wasn’t much of a drinker so that’s not changed. Not drunk since December 2019 (bad, bad hangover 🤣). I have a pretty healthy diet with lots of fresh home cooked meals. I’ve started taking folic acid I think is the only change really! And other supplements that are meant to help with balancing hormones with pcos. Zinc, magnesium, inositol 😊

• Heart
I started as soon as the bleeding stopped, as my miscarriage was quite early on, although the doctor did say its best to let your lining build up again by waiting a cycle or two. I just wanted to feel back to normal again, i felt i had wasted so much time from finding out id miscarriaged to having a d&c, it was a month or so to get it all sorted. I ovulated two weeks after the d&c and everything seems ok again so fingers crossed! Sending lots of love and luck and keep strong, some days i am so down about it, paranoid what people think, sensitive etc. But over time iv learnt to love myself again and just hope for a positive test soon!

Omg exactly. Some people i know got pregnant the first time they tried. I think wtf! How is that far. Now one is trying again, and said she is going to try for a girl as she already has two boys.. after a few months of not falling pregnant she is going crazy, obsessing over ovulation, her age, vitamins etc - happens to us all i guess. I’d be happy with an alien im so desperate :ROFLMAO:

Darling i completely agree, i bought all the vitamins, ovulation sticks, thermometer, and fertility lubrication. I was making myself ill and our relationship was strained!! So i gave it all up, and within two months i fell pregnant! God knows how, although i did miscarry so just hoping i can continue my chilled approach! Genuinely think its the hardest thing i have ever been though emotionally/psychologically!
I am so sorry. Remember take your time to heal. I know it’s not easy. It’s very painful and it’s hard especially now as you feel isolated. But in someways speaking to friends who have not been through it doesn’t help either. They mean well but they don’t understand. The first time it ever happened I think it took me around 8 months to purely get over it. I was emotional weak, couldn’t comprehend what had happened. I took each day as it came. Please be kind to yourself. Do small things that give you joy. Whether that’s soaking yourself in a bath, putting full make up on,taking your time putting on skin care, doing your hair, baking a cake, cooking your favourite meal. Do things for yourself that perk you up. Once the world reopens go to a salon get your hair or nails done. Go to bookshop read a book. Just do things that make you happy. Read positive affirmations out loud that helped me massively.
I know it’s terribly difficult and if you feel down please message me.
Can I recommend one thing from experience. If you have the means go get your bloods checked out. Don’t wait as someone who has gone through numerous Mcs if any of my friends went through their first MC my advice would be go get your bloods checked. As when we done genetic testing it turns out all the babies I would have had would have been healthy I wish I checked my bloods after my first miscarriage. From the tests I found out I had 2 blood conditions hence why I keep miscarrying. I hope I have not scared you but ladies if you can afford to do it do it. As from there you and your doctor can create a plan so you can carry long term. Of course it doesn’t prevent miscarriage but it will lower the risk.
Bare in mind ladies who do miscarry not all have blood conditions. As some try again and have a healthy baby. But it’s best to be sure ☺

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.