Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Congratulations! Sorry I can't remember everyone's timescales when ttc, can I ask how long you've been trying? X
That's okay,there a lot of us! I've been ttc baby 2 since late August 2020, with a loss in late September xx
 
Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Hi everyone

I’m not all that sure if this falls into this category or not but anyadvice would be really appreciated.
We’ve been ttc for 6 months. I stopped the pill but hadn’t tracked anything. Periods have been every 4/5 weeks.
I’ve felt quite unwell for a few weeks but had tested positive for Covid. So put it down to that.
I had a routine blood test on Monday which included HCG which has come back as positive. Obviously very shocked but happy.
Went for a scan today as my partner and I were just too excited. I expected to be around 5-6 weeks as my last period was lighter. I’m actually 26 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️😭.
I’m a bit traumatised. Can’t really talk to the doctor as it’s bank holiday and I’m so worried that we’ve missed bloods/screening and we have not got much time to get used to it!
Has anyone else had anything like this????
Wow congratulations! 💖💖 You might have more luck over on the pregnancy thread https://tattle.life/threads/pregnancy-7-we-love-carbs.17892/page-4#post-4512810 xx
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

grumpycat

VIP Member
I couldn’t sleep last night and did a test at 5am 😅 My OPK yesterday must have picked up HCG as I got my first ever BFP. Currently in a state of shock trying to process it as I really wasn’t expecting it this month ..
biggest congratulations ❤
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2

Littleelf

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I'm just having a really weird couple of months and wondering if anyone can help put my mind at ease.
Weve been ttc since October no luck, already have a 3yo daughter who we conceived straight away.
This cycle has been abnormally long, usually my cycles are 33 days give or take a day im now on day 46. Numerous bfns so confident im not pregnant.
Im using opks and I had two peaks this month which was weird but though maybe my body tried to ovulate and failed so went again?
There are no sings of af at all,literally nothing. What do I do? Just wait untill af shows up? Will it show up? Could I just miss it completely and if I do should I start doing opks again and treat it like a new month?
I am so sad and confused that this isn't working out for us this time, its getting me down so much and this strange long cycle isn't helping things at all. I've never missed a period without being pregnant in my life so this isn't normal for me.
Any thoughts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

grumpycat

VIP Member
Omg I’ve never felt an egg popping and I’m now I’m panicking 🤣
I absolutely had no idea it was a thing. It was so weird - my husband was fixing our fence in the garden, i was leant against the back door and felt a pop like when you put your finger in your mouth and pop it out?! Like that! No pain, nothing just that random pop on the left and done!
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Is it possible the blood was implantation? I don’t know if it’s brown or red but if it’s old I’d assume that's positive?

I tested with a FRER Saturday wirh an negative at approx 10dpo so much too early

like you I’ve had zero appetite, I’ve slept like a brick with vivid ass dreams the last two nights and my boobs are growing and feel so full!

when are you due on?
It was brown so I think positive? I’m just not sure! I’ve never had anything like that before that I can remember. I’m due on on Wednesday so will hold out until after then to do any more tests. It would only make sense if I ovulated quite a lot later this month as thought I was looong past any implantation bleeding. I guess we shall see!

Side note on the boobs - crikey, I don’t even think they felt this heavy when breastfeeding 😅 having to hold them when I go up and down the stairs 😅😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Hello everyone, I was reading through this forum at 3am last night and was blown away by all your stories!
I wondered if I could get your opinion on my situation and just be honest I can take it.
So I am 6 days late on my period and I would say I’m pretty regular I have been tracking them for months now and all arrive within 28-32 days. On average my cycle is 30 days.
I have been a bit tired and just feel “funny”
I took a test last night albeit very diluted urine as I drink tonnes of water( don’t know if this makes a different probs clutching at straws) and test came back BFN
Any tips? Wait a few days and retest? Or just leave it.
Thank you! Have a good day
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

louichi

Member
Hi everyone, this thread is so informative, I had never heard of monitoring BBT before. TTC is a complete minefield! Like others have said, we were educated that pregnancy could happen so easily, and taught all of the non-natural ways to prevent it.

Can anyone recommended a good thermometer for measuring BBT and a good “monitoring BBT for dummies” link to explain how to do it/what to look out for?
Search BBT thermometer on Amazon, lots will come up. It's best off getting one to the closest .2 decimal places so i.e. temp of 36.72 rather than just 36.2. They are around £15.

I use the Premom app and it's fairly self explanatory 😊 it'll add in a baseline to identify your to spike. You can see in mine how my temp was lower pre ovulation and has stayed above that line post ovulation. It should drop back down just before my period starts.
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: 2

JLXRD

VIP Member
I found Flo annoying. It was constantly pestering me to sign up for the paid version so I use premom instead.
I am sort of trialling a few at the min to find my fave! I do like pre mom but think I prefer Ovia at the min as it seems to be the only one which actually adjusts its predictions in line with my inputs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

Ilando

VIP Member
Been a while since I’ve been on this thread. I now have endometriosis diagnosed via an ultrasound (which is rare, but my ovaries are completely stuck together) and an MRI. Waiting for a laparoscopy date not and hopefully this can help fix my bloooooody infertility.
Just to say that I’ve been through the same and the surgery worked. Finally cured my problems after 6 years of getting nowhere x
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

begaphobia

Well-known member
Hi everyone, this thread is so informative, I had never heard of monitoring BBT before. TTC is a complete minefield! Like others have said, we were educated that pregnancy could happen so easily, and taught all of the non-natural ways to prevent it.

Can anyone recommended a good thermometer for measuring BBT and a good “monitoring BBT for dummies” link to explain how to do it/what to look out for?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

Dipdab

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

looking for some advice and reassurance! I have tested with a frer this morning and got a very light positive. I’m not due on AF until Monday however I only tested because I have been feeling sick and vomited yesterday which isn’t like me. My concern is should my like not be much darker as I’m only 4 days away from AF or could I have ovulated later than I thought? My cycle is around 30-32 days. I’m so worried as I had a miscarriage January 😥

advice would be appreciated! thanks so much baby dust too all ❤
I didn’t get a strong positive until the day AF was due so I would suggest doing another one sat morning as your HCG levels will be rising. (I know that’s easier said than done as you’ll be wanting to know). Congrats ❤❤
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies, I’ve dipped in and out of this thread mostly just reading along and taking some comfort from all of your kindness to one another, so thank you for being a great bunch ❤

I had a MC august 2018 and have been TTC since, for a while my periods were regular but mid/late 2019 they became very irregular, anywhere from 28 days apart to 3months apart. I had been back regular since September 2020 and my last period ended 5th January 2021, but no period since. I’ve tested a few times and BFN every time so I’m confident that there’s no baby brewing.
My GP surgery won’t investigate my periods though and keep insisting that going on the pill will sort me out. I’ve declined the pill as it feels so counter productive for me, especially since the “period” you get whilst on the pill isn’t even a proper period because you don’t ovulate 😩 has anybody had a similar experience? How did you get on?
I can’t help but sounds like you need a second opinion. I was very lucky when I went to my GP, she was very supportive, ordered lots of tests and then referred me straight to the fertility clinic. I would definitely ask for another appointment, maybe with a different GP and ask for an explanation ❤
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

Clojo92

Well-known member
So after I was a total blubbering mess yesterday I took a test. And then I took another. And another. And then my partner got me a digital as we’ve had some outrageous false tests the past couple of months. Turns out...I’m pregnant. 4 weeks 1 day by my dates. Crikey.

I just wanted to say that this has been the most incredibly supportive group and I have never rooted for strangers on the internet so much in my life. I don’t know what else to say as I want more than anything for you all to get your positives but thank you all for your kind words over the past few months, being on tattle really has meant so much more than just being a horrid troll (😉). You ladies are a top top bunch and I’ve got everything crossed for all of you ❤
Congratulations! Such lovely news ❤
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2