Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hi all, I am just about to start TTC, I’m 28 and haven’t been pregnant before. I stopped taking my pill yesterday.

I’ve been having a little read through and lots of your posts have been super helpful as I think I was quite naive to it all and figured I just stop taking my pill and hope it happens.

Am going to get some of the pre conception vitamins tomorrow so thanks to those who recommended them.

In terms of the ovulation tests and tracking things, should I start using them right away? Or would you all initially just hope for the best and if it doesn’t happen after a few months start tracking? Sorry for all the questions x
It can be a bit of a mine field to learn everything about ttc and our cycles, there’s so much stuff that we were never taught at school! If you download one of the period tracking apps there should be a ttc mode which may give you tips but also will tell you your fertile period based on period dates over time. I personally think Premom is the best.

luckily the internet has a wealth of information these days so easy to learn about it, I like the tfab page on Reddit too, lots of seasoned ttc’ers on there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I couldn’t sleep last night and did a test at 5am 😅 My OPK yesterday must have picked up HCG as I got my first ever BFP. Currently in a state of shock trying to process it as I really wasn’t expecting it this month ..
So pleased for you 💖
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

Clojo92

Well-known member
For people asking about the covid vaccine, it’s entirely a decision to make for yourself. I was going to delay it but then had it as I heard actually getting covid was more likely to mess up fertility (I saw a tik tok lol) either way I was going to have it.

We have our first fertility appointment next week so feel weirdly giddy even though I know it’s a long road, feels like finally we are getting somewhere.

I had a shorter period than normal this month which came as a surprise as the one thing I can count on is 7 day period! It’s been 4 this month, anyone got any ideas why?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

grumpycat

VIP Member
Think I am now approx 12dpo, stupidly took an early detection test because I’ve been sick the past couple of days but not unwell and been nauseas all week (I have suffered with HG with previous pregnancies so that sickness hits me from the second that ball of cells implants basically 🙃). It was negative anyway so I dunno - I think if the hormones are high enough to make me sick it should be a hint of positive at least.

Have also been having serious bloating, feeling crampy like af is going to start (that’s gone now thankfully!), feeling quite hot all the time and so tired but having really vivid weird dreams etc. So now I’m just worried something else is wrong with me 😅 so frustrating anyhow. Also if this is the way my PMS is now every month then I am OUT. Hope everyone’s ok xxx
12dpo is still early though ❤ You aren’t out yet!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

grumpycat

VIP Member
CD 26 and still no peak, day 8 of my flashy face on CB advanced. The pack says to give up after 9 days of flashy face so I think I will and just wait for AF. I can’t keep doing OPKs a few times a day as it’s getting obsessive.

I did have my darkest ever result on an OPK on CD 22, then it dropped way back down again within hours. The 2 days following I had right sided pain and then the last 2 data’s my temp has raised (today is the highest I’ve had this cycle). CM was a lot until then and then disappeared. Not sure what CM is doing now as I managed to develop thrush yesterday 😩

Husband thinks maybe that the higher test on CD 22 was my surge and it does say on the pre mom app some people have a low surge and tests will never show ‘positive’, (under 0.8 ratio - mine was 0.6) but it wouldn’t adjust for that until the following cycle.

But I don’t know 😐 feel really down about it this evening. If I hadn’t had the flashing face I would just assume nothing was happening as this is my first cycle off the pill but I feel like that got my hopes up that I was going to get back into some kind of cycle, but now I don’t know how to feel.

Sorry for the long whinge guys, just feel frustrated not knowing where I am x
when looking at your premom I would say CD22 looked darkest too! What day did you start digis?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

grumpycat

VIP Member
Thank you! I have health anxiety so anything like this sends me spiralling 🙈 I guess now keep everything crossed and not obsessively pee on sticks 😂
I feel you, it’s hard to not over read every single thing or it not be on your mind so obsessively!
I am about 5/6 DPO (not entirely sure when I ovulated) and it’s haaaaard trying to stay open minded and not looking at everything!
Deffo wait out as long as you can 🤞🏻 For you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

Limmy91

Well-known member
Same had one just before Christmas, still not pregnant. Trying not to focus on it this month so prob gonna unwatch the thread here, ridiculous, I know but find it hard when people I don't even know are announcing their pregnancies here lol

Good luck to everyone trying xx
Not ridiculous at all. I’m really finding extra hard recently too. The best advice I’ve gotten is to to feel what you feel. I initially felt guilty for feeling jealous of others but that’s all normal and completely natural. It’s a tough journey. Hope you are okay x
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

Ilando

VIP Member
My friend told me when she was ttc they got to the point they weren't even kissing anymore while having sex🙈
6 years of ttc and we ended up pretty much fully clothed other than the obvious of course, lights on and talking about diy- now that is what you can romantic 🥴🥴🥴
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 2

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Sorry i am hogging the thread today... I’m in a Uni lecture and i need something to distract me!

I found BTT for me to be a little bit useless - I’m a nurse and i just cant take the temperature at the same time every day, but I do register on the app my temperature that i have to take before i start my shift. Like you, I have noticed little to no difference. I’m trying to stick with it, but I cant say its giving me as much guidance and hope as some people get on this thread.

OPK... it was me who mentioned that Iw as doing them wrong and you had to take in the afternoon... once again, with my job i just cant do a test at work. Our toilets are in the changing rooms which people are in and out of... there’s no privacy and I dont have the time to wait 5-7minutes to get a good result. I am taking a test in the morning and one in the evening, and then I compare the two. I find the Easy @ Home app really helpful to hep me indicate peak/highs. I’m focusing on the LH as the TCs are always saying low, despite them looking very different.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

MrsWolf

VIP Member
AF arrived today, 3 days earlier than predicted. Anyone else with PCOS just feel so disconnected from their body? My last couple of cycles have been all over the place!
Oh yes! My last AF finished in Jan, so I just have no idea what’s going on.. ☹
Hope you’re okay though! Xxxx
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2

MrsWolf

VIP Member
So after I was a total blubbering mess yesterday I took a test. And then I took another. And another. And then my partner got me a digital as we’ve had some outrageous false tests the past couple of months. Turns out...I’m pregnant. 4 weeks 1 day by my dates. Crikey.

I just wanted to say that this has been the most incredibly supportive group and I have never rooted for strangers on the internet so much in my life. I don’t know what else to say as I want more than anything for you all to get your positives but thank you all for your kind words over the past few months, being on tattle really has meant so much more than just being a horrid troll (😉). You ladies are a top top bunch and I’ve got everything crossed for all of you ❤
Congratulations! ♥♥ Wishing you all the best!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

Clickbait

VIP Member
I've been offered the vaccine. I have always wanted it but due to the recommendation to stop trying for the months after each vaccine I didn't have it. I've tried for too long and don't think it would be good for me mentally.
Just to say the guidance re: vaccination has changed since it was being developed. The British Fertility Society and Association of Reproductive and Clinical Scientists have issued guidance to say that people of reproductive age should have their vaccination when they receive their invitation, including those who are trying for a baby.

It has also been advised that women in high risk groups should they catch Covid consider having the vaccine.

Obviously this is personal choice, but there was a lot of misinformation and confusion initially which may be putting people off.

I would stick to information on government and medical body websites, but definitely research it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

Ashx

New member
Lurker here - hi everyone! :)So basically I had pinky brown discharge a week before my period was due the Saturday just gone (and light cramping in my stomach for days and tender boobs which I never get before a period ) .. took two clear blue ultra early detection tests, one Sunday and one Monday both negative after the 5-10 minutes but an hour later showed faint blue lines.. I know they are supposed to be invalid after the time period but reading other ttc forums people are saying mixed things and I'm just so confused I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience this? AND your gonna think I'm daft but I bled quite heavy on Tuesday - looks like I've come on 4 days early but then I've read stories again that implantation bleeding was heavy for them?? I am just losing my mind. I'm just holding to any hope really.:confused:
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

grumpycat

VIP Member
After mentioning here, I got some ovulation tests yesterday. The one I took yesterday there was absolutely nothing, just the one dark line. Then today one dark line and one VERY faint second line... so I guess I can take that as a positive that at least something is happening in my body somewhere 🙂

The apps are all predicting I would ovulate in 7 days but of course as this is my first month off the pill I have zero idea if they are right but I’m hoping if the second line is a bit darker again tomorrow then maybe they are not far off?

(Someone feel free to tell me if I’m reading the tests wrong though.) I took it as when you have two evenish dark lines then you are just about to ovulate then after you do the second will go fainter again? But also read that some people have a gradual build and some a rapid spike, so who knows if I should take it as positive or not really.

Honestly feel like a clueless teenage on all this and learning about it all, wish they had covered it a bit more or it was spoken about more really!
exactly that! I found I had a rapid spike of LH which started evening CD13 until am CD15 - but some people get a gradual build of a few days but mine was very much light, light and then dark. Neither matter, whatever is normal for you.
I also second premom for strips, though my peak was only 0.85 so not ‘high’ but most people’s but it was high for me ☺
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

MadHat

Active member
Hey everyone I’m just catching up with all of the posts on this thread! So glad there’s a thread on tattle so I don’t have to join up to mumsnet/netmums lol. I’m ttc number 2, number 1 took 18 months and I really hope it doesn’t take so long this time! I am going to attach my preg tests from 10dpo (today). I think there is a faint line but I don’t believe I’m pregnant because I have 0 symptoms 🥲

im currently lying in bed feeling like a moron because I’ve told my friend and sister and wish I’d kept my mouth shut 😭 tests I’ve took since these have been much lighter/nothing there.

I’m also aware one step are notorious for evaps! But I have been taking them since 7dpo and they’ve been stark white up until now.
2743E781-FA90-4777-8C5A-6A83B7B626F4.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Morning everyone,

I said I wasn’t going test Again but obv i dis with FMU. There’s a slightly darker line there today. I have posted a pic but it’s not even squinter today! Do you think this could be the start of something? I’m now 5 days late but do we think I could have ov later than I thought? I have no tests left now so I’m actually going to wait until Tuesday as that will be 2 weeks exactly after when I think we conceived if I have ovulated later. My last AF a was 20th March x
I can see a very faint line too x 🤍
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2

Dipdab

VIP Member
I’ve got a darker line this morning on clear blue & now showing on the hcg pre-mom tests too - what test should I get to confirm I feel like I can’t believe it ? Maybe one that actually says pregnant lol. I’m 11 days post ov - period due Thursday! Thanks for the support on here this thread has been my lifesaver !
Congratulations❤❤! If you have a boots near you they do their own version of the digital clear blue test which is a lot cheaper but just as good 😁.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2