TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The threads keep me going❤ I have nobody else around me in real life that understands so I come on here and I know I have you all. I felt a bit embarrassed at my upset posts, but like you said, we all get it, we understand how painful this is. I hope you are feeling a bit better today ❤
And we most definately do not do the most infuriating thing of all and tell each other 'just relax and stop thinking about it' 😂. Someone was half way through saying that to me yesterday and I cut that conversation off quick! 😁
Honestly don’t feel embarrassed. Your words were exactly how I was feeling just I was too miserable to even type or express how I felt. You were courageous to share how you feel and it resonated with me deeply as it felt like I had written it. Also I guess I feel extra low this month as I also realised 2021 baby is out of the way and the way I see it it’s another year that could have been. You made me feel better as I didn’t feel normal with my thoughts. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really wish there was more advocation for real education on fertility, women’s reproduction and trying for a baby etc. I feel all of us have a similar story where you don’t realise how difficult it can be to start the road of having a baby.

I get the worry of teenage pregnancy but shoving teenagers on hormonal contraception for years until they want children isn’t the answer

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I really wish there was more advocation for real education on fertility, women’s reproduction and trying for a baby etc. I feel all of us have a similar story where you don’t realise how difficult it can be to start the road of having a baby.

I get the worry of teenage pregnancy but shoving teenagers on hormonal contraception for years until they want children isn’t the answer
This! I have spent my whole life trying not to get pregnant and it’s only now I’m learning so much. There’s so many things I just didn’t know. I was under the impression that if I miss one pill I will instantly get pregnant 🤣🙄 obviously I know it *could* happen but some real education is needed on what we’re putting in our bodies and more about fertility and conception IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This! I have spent my whole life trying not to get pregnant and it’s only now I’m learning so much. There’s so many things I just didn’t know. I was under the impression that if I miss one pill I will instantly get pregnant 🤣🙄 obviously I know it *could* happen but some real education is needed on what we’re putting in our bodies and more about fertility and conception IMO.
Yes! Like in mean girls when they’re like DO NOT HAVE SEX, YOU WILL GET PREGNANT AND DIE
😂

It’s ridiculous that you have to seek the information you need! I had to explain to my husband after I googled the phases of the mensural cycle just simple things that we just aren’t made aware of properly.

Same as things like miscarriage, stillbirth, secondary infertility - so many things that you don’t realise are so common but never spoken about unless you seek it out.

I would never have gone on the pill knowing the health issues it creates. Esp the risk of blood clots etc and I feel like even when i went for blood pressure checks with the nurse theh never said oh if you’re thinking of TTC then maybe it can take 1-2yrs for your cycle to settle.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I had a lot of complications with the removal of my implant I wish I'd known about. I thought I had made the best decision for myself at the time but you're right, it's not that straightforward.

Reactions: 3
Honestly don’t feel embarrassed. Your words were exactly how I was feeling just I was too miserable to even type or express how I felt. You were courageous to share how you feel and it resonated with me deeply as it felt like I had written it. Also I guess I feel extra low this month as I also realised 2021 baby is out of the way and the way I see it it’s another year that could have been. You made me feel better as I didn’t feel normal with my thoughts. ❤
Well this is lovely, in a sad kind of way, as we are going through this. I'm glad my words made you feel a little better ❤
TTC is such a hard journey and people who haven't had to try for long just don't get the heartache and misery it can cause.
I was crying last night to DH that 2021 is now out of the picture. Today I'm trying my best to think of our 2022 baby, that even if I am not holding a baby at the end of the year, I will hopefully be pregnant. Sometimes I can feel positive like this and then other times I'll be tearful again and probably on this thread again feeling terrible. For now I'm trying to cling to my positive thoughts for as long as I can, it gets harder as time goes on doesn't it?

My MIL told me yesterday to not be sad and view not being pregnant as a good thing (??). But I said I would let myself be sad, I won't feel guilty for it. There's nothing wrong with us feeling tit because we are having a hard time. And when we feel positive again it's great.

I hope your feeling better. Sending you loads of love ❤

Agreed. You just think its gonna happen when you want it too.
When I was 16 I was on the pill but I think I'd missed one or took it late or something. Had sex with my boyfriend. I literally panicked so badly. Was sure id be pregnant. I went and got the morning after pill as well! Paid for it in asda. No idea if that would even do anything but I was young and under the impression you got pregnant very easily and that one missed/late pill would have left me pregnant and completely panicked and wanted to stop it happening! How silly 😂
Yes! Like in mean girls when they’re like DO NOT HAVE SEX, YOU WILL GET PREGNANT AND DIE
😂

It’s ridiculous that you have to seek the information you need! I had to explain to my husband after I googled the phases of the mensural cycle just simple things that we just aren’t made aware of properly.

Same as things like miscarriage, stillbirth, secondary infertility - so many things that you don’t realise are so common but never spoken about unless you seek it out.

I would never have gone on the pill knowing the health issues it creates. Esp the risk of blood clots etc and I feel like even when i went for blood pressure checks with the nurse theh never said oh if you’re thinking of TTC then maybe it can take 1-2yrs for your cycle to settle.
I will never go on the pill again! I had bad periods so the doctor offered me the pill when I was quite young. It did work for that, and obviously for contraception later on, but they never told me anything about it at all.
I had some really weird symptoms after I came off it, kind of like a weird withdrawal as I'd been on it 14 years.
Schools just make out you have sex and bam pregnant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey guys absolutely no clue if this is the right thread to be posting on 🤣 but wondered if anyone has had similar.
AF was due on 5th March and still nothing. This is the first time (apart from when I was pregnant in 2018) that I’ve been so late. I’m usually regular(ish) I’ve taken 4 PG tests a few weeks ago and all were negative. Don’t feel pregnant or like AF is coming. Going to do another test tonight but I’m 99% sure I’m not pregnant just because I had horrific back pain last time and it made me do a test, and nothing this time. Could I have just ovulated really late?
Sorry a bit TMI but wondering if anyone’s been in the same boat at all!

Reactions: 1
I'll never take hormonal contraceptives again. I had so many problems and just put up with it. The implant was the worst for me. Thankfully I've been off it for a few years so hopefully it doesn't affect TTC.
So I didn't track anything this month but one app says AF due tomorrow and the other says Saturday. Got some first response today but I'll wait and see if I'm late.

• Heart
Hi ladies, I’ve dipped in and out of this thread mostly just reading along and taking some comfort from all of your kindness to one another, so thank you for being a great bunch ❤

I had a MC august 2018 and have been TTC since, for a while my periods were regular but mid/late 2019 they became very irregular, anywhere from 28 days apart to 3months apart. I had been back regular since September 2020 and my last period ended 5th January 2021, but no period since. I’ve tested a few times and BFN every time so I’m confident that there’s no baby brewing.
My GP surgery won’t investigate my periods though and keep insisting that going on the pill will sort me out. I’ve declined the pill as it feels so counter productive for me, especially since the “period” you get whilst on the pill isn’t even a proper period because you don’t ovulate 😩 has anybody had a similar experience? How did you get on?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies, I’ve dipped in and out of this thread mostly just reading along and taking some comfort from all of your kindness to one another, so thank you for being a great bunch ❤

I had a MC august 2018 and have been TTC since, for a while my periods were regular but mid/late 2019 they became very irregular, anywhere from 28 days apart to 3months apart. I had been back regular since September 2020 and my last period ended 5th January 2021, but no period since. I’ve tested a few times and BFN every time so I’m confident that there’s no baby brewing.
My GP surgery won’t investigate my periods though and keep insisting that going on the pill will sort me out. I’ve declined the pill as it feels so counter productive for me, especially since the “period” you get whilst on the pill isn’t even a proper period because you don’t ovulate 😩 has anybody had a similar experience? How did you get on?
Sorry I can’t help but intrigued as to why they want to put you on the pill?

Sorry I can’t help but intrigued as to why they want to put you on the pill?
Agree that makes no sense at all to stop your reproductive cycle - I do know there is something they can give to bring on periods but I’m not sure if the name. Can you ask for a second opinion?

I can’t help but sounds like you need a second opinion. I was very lucky when I went to my GP, she was very supportive, ordered lots of tests and then referred me straight to the fertility clinic. I would definitely ask for another appointment, maybe with a different GP and ask for an explanation ❤

Thank you guys ❤ I’m glad it’s not just me who doesn’t think going on the pill is pointless, I was a bit worried that maybe I was being silly the way I felt about it, you’ve definitely gave me the reassurance I needed to get back on at them about it. I will give them a call on Monday and be less of a pushover if I’m given the same doctor, since covid we haven’t been able to make appointments with specific GP’s it’s a bit of a free for all.

Thank you all again 💞

I haven’t been TTC as long as you have, but I’m in the same boat as you as in my last AF ended early January too and I have had nothing since..

My situation is slightly different as I only came off the pill early 2020 so when I had irregular periods they said it was due to my body going back to normal after the pill which I accepted for a while but then felt like something wasn’t right.

Like others have said I would definitely try and get a second opinion. I spoke regularly to the nurse at my GP and they gave me the usual of “it’ll come back naturally”. In Feb this year I had enough and decided to ask for an appointment with the doctor and explained my situation to her and straight away I had blood tests done, I’ve since had an ultrasound and more bloods booked for next week, she has also referred me to fertility. It’s come back that I have PCOS and an enlarged (or bulky lol) ovary and they’re testing if that is due to cysts too. But in 2 months from getting a second opinion I’ve learnt so much about my body and I’m so glad I did! So I would definitely recommend that second opinion if you can ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you guys ❤ I’m glad it’s not just me who doesn’t think going on the pill is pointless, I was a bit worried that maybe I was being silly the way I felt about it, you’ve definitely gave me the reassurance I needed to get back on at them about it. I will give them a call on Monday and be less of a pushover if I’m given the same doctor, since covid we haven’t been able to make appointments with specific GP’s it’s a bit of a free for all.

Thank you all again 💞
Maybe see if you can self refer yourself directly to a fertility clinic, usually you don't need a GP referral to have a consultation with them and then the clinic can arrange any tests you need

Had any one had their vaccination and noticed any changes to their cycle? I know they say to avoid vaccine if pregnant, or trying so we are chilling out for a few months but i do still keep track of temperature around ovulation etc and i noticed temperature was all over the place ( i did have flu like symptoms from jab as they said u often do) but also my discharge which is usually egg white and on time was a bit weird too. Maybe just paranoid!!

Eughhh said I wasn’t going to be obsessed this month but totally overthinking every twinge 😅 was meant to be in my fertile window over this weekend but I had what felt like ovulation cramps for 2 days before (weds + Thurs) so fear I may have missed the boat as we only had UPS on Friday.

Does anyone else get ovulation cramps/pain? When does it come on in regards to actually ovulating? Really don’t want to get into opk tests if I can help it as I’m obsessive.

Eughhh said I wasn’t going to be obsessed this month but totally overthinking every twinge 😅 was meant to be in my fertile window over this weekend but I had what felt like ovulation cramps for 2 days before (weds + Thurs) so fear I may have missed the boat as we only had UPS on Friday.

Does anyone else get ovulation cramps/pain? When does it come on in regards to actually ovulating? Really don’t want to get into opk tests if I can help it as I’m obsessive.
I tend to get ovulation pain the same day I get a positive ovulation test so not sure if that’s when I’m actually ovulating or maybe the day before. I had a positive ovulation test yesterday and a lot of ovary pain but no pain today and the test is negative again. I think temping would be the most accurate way to confirm but I’ve never got into it as worried it’s one more thing to obsess about 😂 and also I’m a bad sleeper so not sure how accurate it would be!

I tend to get ovulation pain the same day I get a positive ovulation test so not sure if that’s when I’m actually ovulating or maybe the day before. I had a positive ovulation test yesterday and a lot of ovary pain but no pain today and the test is negative again. I think temping would be the most accurate way to confirm but I’ve never got into it as worried it’s one more thing to obsess about 😂 and also I’m a bad sleeper so not sure how accurate it would be!
Thank you! That’s what I thought I just didn’t want to believe it really 😂 the only thing that’s making me think not is the discharge was sticky and egg whitey and not clear so could have been something else! I’ll just roll with it 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.