TTC / Pregnancy after a loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I’ve stupidly done another test after telling myself I’d leave it alone for a week and honestly it’s so much darker than 2 days ago :(

Does anyone think it would be worth getting a higher miu test (20/25 instead of 10s) to see if that picks anything up or am I just being stupid? The hospital told me their test was negative on Tuesday.

These tests were so very faint when I first starting testing and found out and I thought chemicals were meant to be over so much faster!!

Reactions: 1
Oh this is so weird! Could you try convincing your doctor to test your hcg? Or if not, maybe if you could get it tested private twice, so you can see if it's rising or falling? I know you want it to be over asap, but maybe you need some answers because this really does sound strange. You've had positive tests for almost two weeks now right?

@Pixie123 ahh I'm glad you found the reason and can now treat it! Hopefully antibiotics start working soon 🤞🏼

Well I’ve stupidly done another test after telling myself I’d leave it alone for a week and honestly it’s so much darker than 2 days ago :(

Does anyone think it would be worth getting a higher miu test (20/25 instead of 10s) to see if that picks anything up or am I just being stupid? The hospital told me their test was negative on Tuesday.

These tests were so very faint when I first starting testing and found out and I thought chemicals were meant to be over so much faster!!
Can you share photos?

I think I would get onto the GP tomorrow and ask to be seen at the EPU. I think fluctuating HCG can be a sign of ectopic.

It’s from a fair few hours ago so obviously it’s dried now but hasn’t lightened or anything from when it’s dried. This is darker than 2 days ago and my tests haven’t gotten any lighter since when I had a big day of bleeding last Sunday. 😩
IMG_1380.jpeg

I should still have the referral open for EPU I hope! I was going to leave it til the middle of the week and see if my tests got lighter but I’m going to call tomorrow cause this is doing my head in 😭

It’s from a fair few hours ago so obviously it’s dried now but hasn’t lightened or anything from when it’s dried. This is darker than 2 days ago and my tests haven’t gotten any lighter since when I had a big day of bleeding last Sunday. 😩View attachment 3026855

I should still have the referral open for EPU I hope! I was going to leave it til the middle of the week and see if my tests got lighter but I’m going to call tomorrow cause this is doing my head in 😭
Definitely go to EPU, your tests should be getting lighter. There are a few possibilities and they need to get you scanned and test your levels properly

Will be calling them first thing tomorrow

I feel sick with worry, why couldn’t this be more simple 😭
Don’t worry! I think most likely scenario is there might be tissue left behind (which is tit to go through but fixable with no long term issues at all, I had this and it resolved itself in about 3 weeks) or you may not have actually miscarried 🩷

I feel completely fobbed off 😩

they won’t see me for another week - if I’m still testing positive - as it’s too early apparently and it needs to be 2 weeks after the referral.. 😭

I’d Have been 6 weeks today which I doubt I am anymore. I can’t tell if I feel sick because I’m worried or if I actually feel sick but they didn’t care about that at all because bleeding and sickness can be common in early pregnancy…

I mentioned my GP just wanted them to do bloods but they still won’t see me. What an absolute tit 😭

Can’t the GP just send you for bloods? Mine did when I was having weird pregnancy tests that didn’t fit with where I was in my cycle. This was February. I thought I’d had a period - then started ovulation testing and I don’t usually ovulate til day 17-20 ish, but on day 11 I had a peak so was highly confused and ended up doing a pregnancy test which was positive. The GP then sent me for 3 lots of bloods, first two looked good but the 3rd had started to decline. I was then taken on by the EPU.

I feel completely fobbed off 😩

they won’t see me for another week - if I’m still testing positive - as it’s too early apparently and it needs to be 2 weeks after the referral.. 😭

I’d Have been 6 weeks today which I doubt I am anymore. I can’t tell if I feel sick because I’m worried or if I actually feel sick but they didn’t care about that at all because bleeding and sickness can be common in early pregnancy…

I mentioned my GP just wanted them to do bloods but they still won’t see me. What an absolute tit 😭
Reading back I believe you were told by your GP to go to A&E and their test was negative but you’re still testing positive and more strongly now? Has the bleeding stopped?

It is true that bleeding is common in early pregnancy, and if you were tested with a less sensitive test in the hospital it may not have picked it up because you’re still early and may have had a diluted sample.

I understand how hard it is to just sit with this because you just want a definitive answer, but unfortunately I don’t think that there is much more you can do now for a week or so at which point you can test again and then contact EPU and see if they’ll be willing to do an early scan.

If you are pregnant (which hopefully you are) you’ll need to find peace with the waiting in between scans which is even harder once you’ve experienced a loss.

Your other option is to pay privately for blood tests but honestly that could get expensive if you do it more than once and may not necessarily provide you with all the answers you want.

The GP wouldn’t do them when I asked if I could get it done there and that was why they wanted me to go to A+E to get them done - who also wouldn’t
Sounds like it’s up to EPU who won’t do anything right now 😞

I just had a call back from a nurse at the EPU who again I couldn’t convince to do anything more right now 😩 they have to wait to see me, protocols and such. Apparently they would do a scan before even doing bloods. They hope that I pass whatever could be left naturally in this time 😐

I hope that’s the case and my lines get lighter soon then. They didn’t seem a bit concerned that my tests were getting darker because it’s not a real test of how things are going. No tit, an actual blood test could show that 😭😭😭

So frustrated. Can’t tell if I’m just being impatient or if they’re being incredibly unhelpful right now 🥲
---
Reading back I believe you were told by your GP to go to A&E and their test was negative but you’re still testing positive and more strongly now? Has the bleeding stopped?

It is true that bleeding is common in early pregnancy, and if you were tested with a less sensitive test in the hospital it may not have picked it up because you’re still early and may have had a diluted sample.

I understand how hard it is to just sit with this because you just want a definitive answer, but unfortunately I don’t think that there is much more you can do now for a week or so at which point you can test again and then contact EPU and see if they’ll be willing to do an early scan.

If you are pregnant (which hopefully you are) you’ll need to find peace with the waiting in between scans which is even harder once you’ve experienced a loss.

Your other option is to pay privately for blood tests but honestly that could get expensive if you do it more than once and may not necessarily provide you with all the answers you want.
I never personally saw the test at A+E but I’m assuming maybe it was 25miu? I only have easyathomes and wondfos that are 10 and have got much darker since Tuesday, this mornings it’s darker than the control line. I only bled heavy for one day with clots, and had the odd small bleed on and off in the week but never much. I’d have most of the pregnancy was gone on the big bleed day but my tests haven’t got lighter 😩

Last edited:
The GP wouldn’t do them when I asked if I could get it done there and that was why they wanted me to go to A+E to get them done - who also wouldn’t
Sounds like it’s up to EPU who won’t do anything right now 😞

I just had a call back from a nurse at the EPU who again I couldn’t convince to do anything more right now 😩 they have to wait to see me, protocols and such. Apparently they would do a scan before even doing bloods. They hope that I pass whatever could be left naturally in this time 😐

I hope that’s the case and my lines get lighter soon then. They didn’t seem a bit concerned that my tests were getting darker because it’s not a real test of how things are going. No tit, an actual blood test could show that 😭😭😭

So frustrated. Can’t tell if I’m just being impatient or if they’re being incredibly unhelpful right now 🥲
---

I never personally saw the test at A+E but I’m assuming maybe it was 25miu? I only have easyathomes and wondfos that are 10 and have got much darker since Tuesday, this mornings it’s darker than the control line. I only bled heavy for one day with clots, and had the odd small bleed on and off in the week but never much. I’d have most of the pregnancy was gone on the big bleed day but my tests haven’t got lighter 😩
If you can afford it and justify it, because you’re technically 6 weeks it could be worth getting a private scan if they’re not too expensive in your area. It just depends whether you can deal with that wait and if knowing would bring you comfort or closure

I just thought it would really be as simple as them being able to do bloods over 48 hours to check what the levels were doing 🥲

I will have to just wait and see. I accepted I was no longer pregnant when I started cramping and bleeding, even before that when the tests seemed so light I just had a feeling this wasn’t going anywhere. It just feels so long and drawn out 😩

I just thought it would really be as simple as them being able to do bloods over 48 hours to check what the levels were doing 🥲

I will have to just wait and see. I accepted I was no longer pregnant when I started cramping and bleeding, even before that when the tests seemed so light I just had a feeling this wasn’t going anywhere. It just feels so long and drawn out 😩
I told you about my bleeding experience in pregnancy and honestly if you’d have seen the scale of it you couldn’t have thought everything would be ok and it was. You know when you knock over a glass of water and it goes everywhere when there didn’t seem to be that much in it? I think bleeding can seem at a much greater scale than reality. Equally passing clots can be normal too.

I get this is a total headfuck but if you had experienced a chemical loss, I’m thinking it’s highly unlikely after the bleeding and time passed you’d be getting strong positives on the tests. So there is still a good chance you are pregnant.

I’m guessing the NHS have to have a guide of when to intervene re: blood tests, scans etc. as I’m sure many women who are feeling nervous in early pregnancy would be leaning on them to provide these services.

In your case I’m not sure them testing over 48h would have given you a clear idea of what’s happening. Blood tests are even more sensitive than urine tests so if they’re saying you have high HCG then the bloods would too?

• Heart
I told you about my bleeding experience in pregnancy and honestly if you’d have seen the scale of it you couldn’t have thought everything would be ok and it was. You know when you knock over a glass of water and it goes everywhere when there didn’t seem to be that much in it? I think bleeding can seem at a much greater scale than reality. Equally passing clots can be normal too.

I get this is a total headfuck but if you had experienced a chemical loss, I’m thinking it’s highly unlikely after the bleeding and time passed you’d be getting strong positives on the tests. So there is still a good chance you are pregnant.

I’m guessing the NHS have to have a guide of when to intervene re: blood tests, scans etc. as I’m sure many women who are feeling nervous in early pregnancy would be leaning on them to provide these services.

In your case I’m not sure them testing over 48h would have given you a clear idea of what’s happening. Blood tests are even more sensitive than urine tests so if they’re saying you have high HCG then the bloods would too?
thank you xx
Think it just feels to accept the worst, I can’t help but feel it’s just something still retained 😩

I will just see what happens, hopefully the week goes by quickly

thank you xx
Think it just feels to accept the worst, I can’t help but feel it’s just something still retained 😩

I will just see what happens, hopefully the week goes by quickly
Like someone else said above if you can afford to maybe look into a private scan
I was 6 weeks when epu scanned me and then I had to wait a week. I passed baby on the Saturday and by Monday my test was negative. I really hope you can get some answers, I understand how bad the wait is and the toll it has xx

• Heart
The 25 test was quite a dark positive too so no idea how A+E got a negative test but I guess my tests have got darker since then so I guess it does make sense 😭
---
Okay I read the mommed tests don’t actually get darker past a certain point so maybe this wasn’t a good test of anything 😂

I have to be patient 😭

Last edited:
What if you try digital test? The one that shows weeks? At 6w it should show 2-3w or +3w, maybe this can give you some sort of answer?

I don’t have any atm, I don’t think the dates really line up for it to still be a pregnancy :(

I’m starting to feel concerned about ectopic more than retained but I don’t know 😩 I’ve had pains but I’m not sure if they’re really that bad
I wonder if I called the epu again tomorrow with pains if they’d see me or still make me wait a week 😳

Driving myself crazy with chances that I could still be pregnant but that also sounds nuts to me 😭 I have ordered digital tests, I know the result won’t mean much or give me a solid answer but just something to tide me over (or drive me more crazy) until next week

Sorry for making this thread so many posts about myself, I just don’t have anyone to talk to about this. I hope everyone is doing alright with whatever stage they’re at right now, if only this pregnancy and ttc thing was so much simpler xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3