TTC / Pregnancy after a loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you try another brand of test maybe? A digital? Then step away from the lines for a couple of days if you can. I totally get how difficult it is but I had to for my sanity!
I do have one clear blue digital and another 6 days sooner, I don’t think I want to keep wasting tests if it’s not going to work out :(

im Going to try and leave it a few days and see what a strip test says, if it’s no different I think I have my answer

I was scrolling Tiktok this afternoon and seeing other’s progression pictures just made me feel like this isn’t it. I only came across one that had similar lines to mine but they’re at the same stage as me right now.

I know I don’t know for sure but it’s so hard to believe it could go any other way, this was my fear all along about ttcing again :( I hope if it’s not it that it can just be over soon and not long and drawn out

IMG_1313.jpeg

top one was yesterday 4hour hold in the evening 14dpo and bottom is 15dpo today on smu, this is the darkest line I’ve had so far but I still think it’s too light for 15dpo :(
I had so much cramping last night too :(

View attachment 3003397

top one was yesterday 4hour hold in the evening 14dpo and bottom is 15dpo today on smu, this is the darkest line I’ve had so far but I still think it’s too light for 15dpo :(
I had so much cramping last night too :(
There is some development there! I would personally ask your doctors or EPU to do repeat bloods for peace of mind. You can even get them at Superdrug’s in some places etc and privately but they’re not very cheap. I tried to look at my tests to give you insight but I can’t find the tests from my chemical pregnancy. I think it depends when you implanted/ when you got a positive/ how hydrated you are too and tests can vary

There is some development there! I would personally ask your doctors or EPU to do repeat bloods for peace of mind. You can even get them at Superdrug’s in some places etc and privately but they’re not very cheap. I tried to look at my tests to give you insight but I can’t find the tests from my chemical pregnancy. I think it depends when you implanted/ when you got a positive/ how hydrated you are too and tests can vary
thank you x

I don’t think my doctors would be very helpful at this stage, it’s a struggle to just get appointments for other things recently! They’d probably just tell me to be patient I imagine, which really isn’t easy is it.

my partner keeps saying there hasn’t been any reason like bleeding to think it won’t progress but the lines just don’t seem that dark, I had my first absolute squinter on Friday (11dpo) and it was more obvious but still faint Saturday. Id wonder if i implanted late but it just doesn’t seem much progression from Friday?

I had bad cramping last night and fully expected to wake up bleeding 😞

thank you x

I don’t think my doctors would be very helpful at this stage, it’s a struggle to just get appointments for other things recently! They’d probably just tell me to be patient I imagine, which really isn’t easy is it.

my partner keeps saying there hasn’t been any reason like bleeding to think it won’t progress but the lines just don’t seem that dark, I had my first absolute squinter on Friday (11dpo) and it was more obvious but still faint Saturday. Id wonder if i implanted late but it just doesn’t seem much progression from Friday?

I had bad cramping last night and fully expected to wake up bleeding 😞
I’ve just had a look for you and slightly adjusted my tests for this cycle as I got a squinter 9 DPO- on day 13, so 4 days after I got a positive like you - my lines looked similar! You implant on slightly different days, I know mine was 7 DPO and you likely implanted on day 9 or 10. I did a digital test to confirm at this point too. My chemical personally faded faster

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve just had a look for you and slightly adjusted my tests for this cycle as I got a squinter 9 DPO- on day 13, so 4 days after I got a positive like you - my lines looked similar! You implant on slightly different days, I know mine was 7 DPO and you likely implanted on day 9 or 10. I did a digital test to confirm at this point too. My chemical personally faded faster
thank you for looking x

I have one single digital, one 6 days sooner and around 10 or so strip tests.
I think I’ll try just doing the strip ones til the weekend, I really hope by then I have a better idea of what is going on.

I know I keep telling myself it’s over as it feels better to not get my hopes up too much over it. It really is just a wait and see :(

thank you for looking x

I have one single digital, one 6 days sooner and around 10 or so strip tests.
I think I’ll try just doing the strip ones til the weekend, I really hope by then I have a better idea of what is going on.

I know I keep telling myself it’s over as it feels better to not get my hopes up too much over it. It really is just a wait and see :(
I thought it might be helpful to share my experience of the strip tests to try and maybe put your mind at rest a bit. I did a test at 13 dpo as I was going out for a meal and fancied a glass of wine - got no line at all. Period hadn’t started by 17 dpo (although I’d been having irregular cycles so this wasn’t necessarily unusual) and I tested again and got the first line in tests below which you can see is still pretty faint. Progression of the line in the tests below is 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 25 dpo. I really did find testing with the same wee (for me first one in the morning was best as I drink a lot of water) and trying if possible to test every other day was helpful to see the doubling effect.

IMG_6838.jpeg

Really hope this works out for you. I totally understand your nervousness, once you’ve had a loss you’re automatically more worried about something going wrong. You just have to remember that the majority of pregnancies lead to a healthy baby.

• Heart
I thought it might be helpful to share my experience of the strip tests to try and maybe put your mind at rest a bit. I did a test at 13 dpo as I was going out for a meal and fancied a glass of wine - got no line at all. Period hadn’t started by 17 dpo (although I’d been having irregular cycles so this wasn’t necessarily unusual) and I tested again and got the first line in tests below which you can see is still pretty faint. Progression of the line in the tests below is 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 25 dpo. I really did find testing with the same wee (for me first one in the morning was best as I drink a lot of water) and trying if possible to test every other day was helpful to see the doubling effect.

Really hope this works out for you. I totally understand your nervousness, once you’ve had a loss you’re automatically more worried about something going wrong. You just have to remember that the majority of pregnancies lead to a healthy baby.
thank you so much x

• Heart
I had changed my mind and was going to try the digital test today but now I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Maybe I’ll see if the lines have changed from 2 days ago.
I had some blood mixed in discharge today, potentially old blood as wasn’t bright but I don’t know 😞
I was starting to feel a bit positive about things and now I just feel like tit

I know I don’t know for sure yet but it’s just so tit. It’s unfair anyone has to go through one or even more than one loss, and then there are people out there that never have and wouldn’t understand.
---
IMG_1335.jpeg

okay I went and did them all because I guess if it’s over already I won’t know for days/weeks yet anyway.
the strips are newest at top, then 48hours ago and then 12hours before that one.

I guess I don’t know what to think, I want to just accept for now I’m pregnant but it feels easier accepting that it’s probably all gonna come crashing down sooner or later 😞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I had changed my mind and was going to try the digital test today but now I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Maybe I’ll see if the lines have changed from 2 days ago.
I had some blood mixed in discharge today, potentially old blood as wasn’t bright but I don’t know 😞
I was starting to feel a bit positive about things and now I just feel like tit

I know I don’t know for sure yet but it’s just so tit. It’s unfair anyone has to go through one or even more than one loss, and then there are people out there that never have and wouldn’t understand.
---
View attachment 3007652

okay I went and did them all because I guess if it’s over already I won’t know for days/weeks yet anyway.
the strips are newest at top, then 48hours ago and then 12hours before that one.

I guess I don’t know what to think, I want to just accept for now I’m pregnant but it feels easier accepting that it’s probably all gonna come crashing down sooner or later 😞
I know it’s easier said than done, but you must try not to fixate on all these tests. It’s not doing you any good - you’re getting anxious and stressed out.

Lots of people have some spotting in the early stages of pregnancy, it’s as common as it is not. I had fresh blood and then a haematoma where blood and clots were literally pumping out of me and my baby was still ok.

All you can do is take each day as it comes, take the multivitamins, eat well, rest up. Look to book in for an early scan - you can do this from 6 weeks but I’d say go closer to 7 if you can and that gives you leeway in case your dates aren’t completely accurate.

If you can’t wait that long there are private companies who will do pregnancy blood work so you can check the HCG levels are progressing.

After a loss it is so easy to let the anxiety take over, you’re hyper aware of every ache and twinge, wonder what they all mean, worry they’re bad signs when in fact aches, twinges, spotting is all normal in early pregnancy.

Reactions: 3
I think maybe for my sanity I should hand my remaining tests over to my husband to hide somewhere

I think technically I’m only possibly at most 3 days late now. There really are downsides to finding out early :( if I look at the first test I took when I was technically late and no others before it I don’t think I would’ve thought anything otherwise !

I think maybe for my sanity I should hand my remaining tests over to my husband to hide somewhere

I think technically I’m only possibly at most 3 days late now. There really are downsides to finding out early :( if I look at the first test I took when I was technically late and no others before it I don’t think I would’ve thought anything otherwise !
I do feel for people who decided to do an early test and then discover it was a chemical. They are devastated but I imagine the prevalence of chemicals is quite high and many people just don’t know.

Definitely put the tests down and step away! It’s a case of what will be will be in a sense, testing continuously won’t suddenly give you the answer of whether this will progress or not. The first few weeks are super hard. I had my 12w scan this week and I’m still anxious, just a little less than I was before.

• Heart
Okay I have red blood this morning and I don’t think things look good. Do I need to let my GP know or would they likely not care?

Okay I have red blood this morning and I don’t think things look good. Do I need to let my GP know or would they likely not care?
I had this a few weeks ago. I was around 6 weeks. I rang the GP who called me in and he refereed me to EPU. They didn’t seem bothered but the GP stuck for me and got me in but tbh they scanned me and sent me home, said there was nothing they could do for me
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I spent hours looking at positive stories of people who bleed just to try and give myself some hope. I would ring just to let them know and see what they advise xx

• Heart
I had this a few weeks ago. I was around 6 weeks. I rang the GP who called me in and he refereed me to EPU. They didn’t seem bothered but the GP stuck for me and got me in but tbh they scanned me and sent me home, said there was nothing they could do for me
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I spent hours looking at positive stories of people who bleed just to try and give myself some hope. I would ring just to let them know and see what they advise xx
I’ve done a lot of the same and just can’t see this ending well. Would only be 4w 5ds, so I feel like they wouldn’t be interested as can’t see anything on a scan anyway

I guess I’ll see how things are Monday and decide if I need to contact anyone but I think it’s all over quicker than it begun. I’m so sad. This was my fear when trying for #2 I can’t believe it actually became reality

• Sad
I’ve done a lot of the same and just can’t see this ending well. Would only be 4w 5ds, so I feel like they wouldn’t be interested as can’t see anything on a scan anyway

I guess I’ll see how things are Monday and decide if I need to contact anyone but I think it’s all over quicker than it begun. I’m so sad. This was my fear when trying for #2 I can’t believe it actually became reality
I think it’s a coping mechanism to try and get us through. I knew mine was ending badly but reading positive stories did help albeit giving me false hope.
When I went for my scan they could only see a small dot and I feel that being there was more triggering!
I would see how you feel Monday but my thinking was to let the GP know just so that it is on my notes that I’ve had a loss, just incase.
I am really sorry, people don’t understand the pain until they’ve been through a loss. Try and take it easy over the weekend and I hope you have great support at home xx

• Heart
I’ve just had my first squinter at 11/12DPO almost a year to the day after my D&C. Taken a year of trying but I am in absolute shock. Have confirmed on two separate tests.

Absolutely terrified to feel any excitement after last years nightmare but know I need to try and view this as a completely separate experience.

I have my first GP appointment next Tuesday to discuss fertility. Had honestly given up hope.

Has anyone got any tips / advice to help me relax? Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg my anxiety is through the roof today. All the excitement from yesterday has worn off and now I am just filled with fear that this will have the same outcome as my last pregnancy.

I am so heartbroken for all of us who have to experience this journey following a loss. Feel like the shine is completely taken from it.

Debating whether to call my EPU as they said they would be monitoring me through the early stages following my MC last year. I'm nervous that they're going to tell me to wait though...

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg my anxiety is through the roof today. All the excitement from yesterday has worn off and now I am just filled with fear that this will have the same outcome as my last pregnancy.

I am so heartbroken for all of us who have to experience this journey following a loss. Feel like the shine is completely taken from it.

Debating whether to call my EPU as they said they would be monitoring me through the early stages following my MC last year. I'm nervous that they're going to tell me to wait though...
if they’ve said before they’d monitor you in the early stages I’d say it’s worth calling?
Too early for a scan but they might be able to offer bloods this early maybe?

I think having a loss before helped me mentally prepare better for a second one, I’m not doing great but I think I could feel worse.

All last week I was up and down about whether or not things would work out instead of just being excited that I was pregnant.
It sucks that some people get a positive pregnancy test and never have to think anything other than they’re having a baby in 8 months !
---
I’d not tested since Friday as I’ve felt like there’s been no point, and yesterdays bleeding felt like that was most of the end of whatever was.. I tested today hoping to see barely any line but instead it’s darker. Feels like such a headfuck as there’s no way I could bleed this much and everything be okay.

I’m really hoping to avoid any medical interventions, just want it to all be over already. 😞

Last edited:
if they’ve said before they’d monitor you in the early stages I’d say it’s worth calling?
Too early for a scan but they might be able to offer bloods this early maybe?

I think having a loss before helped me mentally prepare better for a second one, I’m not doing great but I think I could feel worse.

All last week I was up and down about whether or not things would work out instead of just being excited that I was pregnant.
It sucks that some people get a positive pregnancy test and never have to think anything other than they’re having a baby in 8 months !
---
I’d not tested since Friday as I’ve felt like there’s been no point, and yesterdays bleeding felt like that was most of the end of whatever was.. I tested today hoping to see barely any line but instead it’s darker. Feels like such a headfuck as there’s no way I could bleed this much and everything be okay.

I’m really hoping to avoid any medical interventions, just want it to all be over already. 😞
Thank you @anything at all I’m really praying for you.

if your lines are getting darker despite the bleeding do you think maybe you should check with your doctor? My miscarriage last year my pregnancy was classed as “incomplete” because it carried on for over 2 months and I ended up in A&E with the pain. My lines didn’t get darker once I’d started bleeding they stayed around the same and eventually got fainter xx

• Heart