TTC / Pregnancy after a loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Driving myself crazy with chances that I could still be pregnant but that also sounds nuts to me 😭 I have ordered digital tests, I know the result won’t mean much or give me a solid answer but just something to tide me over (or drive me more crazy) until next week

Sorry for making this thread so many posts about myself, I just don’t have anyone to talk to about this. I hope everyone is doing alright with whatever stage they’re at right now, if only this pregnancy and ttc thing was so much simpler xx
dont worry most of us, certainly me anyway, have used the TTC and miscarriage threads as a bit of a diary at times!

really hoping you get some answers soon 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tonight’s test. 28dpo 😬 I don’t think I was wrong about my dates and I saw my first very very faint line on 10dpo/11dpo.
the big bleed was 19dpo and my tests got darker after.. 21dpo the hospitals test was negative.
so confused and these tests are just giving me a tiny bit of false hope 🥲🥲😭

looked at private scans earlier but doesn’t look like I could get booked in much sooner than the hospital might see me anyway? So I might as well wait

Attachments

Tonight’s test. 28dpo 😬 I don’t think I was wrong about my dates and I saw my first very very faint line on 10dpo/11dpo.
the big bleed was 19dpo and my tests got darker after.. 21dpo the hospitals test was negative.
so confused and these tests are just giving me a tiny bit of false hope 🥲🥲😭

looked at private scans earlier but doesn’t look like I could get booked in much sooner than the hospital might see me anyway? So I might as well wait
So you’d be what 6 weeks now?
I’d say that test looks good for your dates…

Could the bleeding be subchorionic hematoma? I don't have experience but lots of heavy bleeding in the beginning is often due to that and from what I read it can look a lot like miscarriage. Your line looks perfect for 6w tho, you got a dye stealer.

My digital test today had a 3+ result which would make sense if I was still 6 weeks pregnant.. this wait is killing me 😭
From my point of view all the evidence is pointing towards a pregnancy at the moment. I guess you want more proof so hopefully the scan will do that for you.

Reactions: 1
Yes, it does feel weirdly possible now 😭 I don’t know if I’m allowed to get excited or anything yet.. feels like such a limbo to be in !!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have to call the epu on Tuesday if I still have positive tests then but I don’t actually know if they’ll give me an appointment that day or when. If it’s a while after that then husband said we should book a private scan asap because he’s tired of hearing me spiral and we’re both just forever wondering what is actually going on 😂

I think there’s a chance - if I was pregnant - that there’s not any heartbeat before 7 weeks? I think that’s the longest it can take til, so I’m not sure it makes sense to book anything sooner?

I have to call the epu on Tuesday if I still have positive tests then but I don’t actually know if they’ll give me an appointment that day or when. If it’s a while after that then husband said we should book a private scan asap because he’s tired of hearing me spiral and we’re both just forever wondering what is actually going on 😂

I think there’s a chance - if I was pregnant - that there’s not any heartbeat before 7 weeks? I think that’s the longest it can take til, so I’m not sure it makes sense to book anything sooner?
The earliest is 6 weeks but 7 is to be on the safe side with dates and to allow more likelihood for them to visualise a heartbeat.

Sadly, until the scan you won’t know the baby has a heartbeat and even then that everything will continue to be ok. That hits heavier when you’ve had a loss, you have to battle the constant fear something is going wrong. I still have 7 weeks until my next scan and I think I’m going to pay for a private one in the interim because the wait is making me anxious.

Keeping everything crossed for you! ❤

• Heart

I had a private scan with my first pregnancy at 6 weeks, I can’t remember how many days in but we could see a heartbeat. I think most private places can do them from 6 weeks
EPU scanned me for second pregnancy just to make sure it was right location etc. They measured me at 5 weeks so no heartbeat could be seen. I don’t understands why they can’t at least scan you to get a better understanding of what is going on. Especially with the negative test at A&E.

• Heart
Yep I didn’t see why I needed to wait longer but they said something about 2 weeks from referral and it’s their protocol. Could not persuade them otherwise so 😭

Yep I didn’t see why I needed to wait longer but they said something about 2 weeks from referral and it’s their protocol. Could not persuade them otherwise so 😭
I find that so wrong! It’s an early pregnancy unit for a reason! From what you’ve posted I do think it will be good news but i know the wait will be awful with the not knowing 😭

Reactions: 2
Keeping everything crossed for you @anything at all 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼. Like @lauren96111 said I can’t understand why your EPU isn’t doing more. I am also having a scan tomorrow at 5 weeks 4 days to check that the pregnancy is in the right location. They have also done a blood test on Friday and again yesterday (they wanted to do it on Monday but I was away) to check that my HCG levels are developing correctly. I would ring them again tomorrow and say that this is causing you significant anxiety and that based on your tests and the bleed you think you need to check your progesterone levels at the very least. I’m so sorry you have to go through this but please try and push them for it. It’s not fair on you at all xx

Keeping everything crossed for you @anything at all 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼. Like @lauren96111 said I can’t understand why your EPU isn’t doing more. I am also having a scan tomorrow at 5 weeks 4 days to check that the pregnancy is in the right location. They have also done a blood test on Friday and again yesterday (they wanted to do it on Monday but I was away) to check that my HCG levels are developing correctly. I would ring them again tomorrow and say that this is causing you significant anxiety and that based on your tests and the bleed you think you need to check your progesterone levels at the very least. I’m so sorry you have to go through this but please try and push them for it. It’s not fair on you at all xx
Hope everything is going okay for you and your scan goes well tomorrow Xx

It’s crazy how different areas operate! I couldn’t even get them to do bloods like my GP had wanted! I don’t know if it was because of the negative pregnancy test at A+E that has made them want to hold off.. also from my phone calls I had with them it sounds like they only do bloods after a scan?

I did think yesterday whether or not I should just call epu again today.. if I bothered them enough would they just see me? 😂 but it honestly sounds more stressful trying to make a phone call and get the same person that will just fob me off and upset me than it does just waiting til next week I think 🙃🥲

Good luck for your scan tomorrow xx
---
Hope everything is going okay for you and your scan goes well tomorrow Xx

It’s crazy how different areas operate! I couldn’t even get them to do bloods like my GP had wanted! I don’t know if it was because of the negative pregnancy test at A+E that has made them want to hold off.. also from my phone calls I had with them it sounds like they only do bloods after a scan?

I did think yesterday whether or not I should just call epu again today.. if I bothered them enough would they just see me? 😂 but it honestly sounds more stressful trying to make a phone call and get the same person that will just fob me off and upset me than it does just waiting til next week I think 🙃🥲
My epu wouldn’t do bloods which annoyed me. They did scan me but said I had to wait a week for a follow up scan but my thinking was bloods would tell me before the next scan that it was in fact a miscarriage and save me a lot of anxiety and being limbo. It’s like everything to do with healthcare, it’s a postcode lottery on what treatment you get

I’ve just had my scan and the pregnancy is located where it should be. They could also see the yolk sac already so they said they’re happy with how it is progressing so far. I’ve never been so anxious in my life during the scan I was hyperventilating. I’m still terrified to get ahead of myself but trying to relax and enjoy this. It feels like it’s really happening! They have prescribed me progesterone as an extra precaution until I’m 16 weeks. Going back on 16th July for another scan where I can hopefully see a heart beat. Staying cautiously optimistic 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 7