TTC / Pregnancy after a loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 9 and a half weeks pregnant and yesterday I seemed to have the tiniest spec of blood in my discharge. It hasn’t happened since and my EPU won’t see me for a scan because they’re not concerned at all. However, the exact same thing happened at the same time with my first pregnancy and I’d had a missed miscarriage. I can’t even find anywhere that will take me for a private scan for a week and I’m just beside myself with worry. I know most people would tell me not to panic, that it’s normal, and will be fine, but I don’t have that luxury of being able to assume that any more 💔
. I understand how worried you must be. Can you call the EPU again and explain how worried you are and how it’s making you feel? Do you have a name of someone from the hospital or midwives from your last pregnancy you could contact? It’s so frustrating in the first few weeks that you kind of feel a bit abandoned by health professionals. See if you can really advocate for yourself and push for a scan and make sure the people you are talking to know about your past MC

Reactions: 1
Thank you so much Keera ❤❤❤ They're in the USA so not sure what they'll advise her, if they don't I just want to tell her what to do. I really appreciate your reply, bless you. Thank you lovely xx
This is so devastating, I’m so sorry. I’m glad your daughter-in-law is in a state where they’ll actually perform a TFMR for her and not forcing her to go full term. Pregnancy politics over in the USA can be diabolical.
---
I’m 9 and a half weeks pregnant and yesterday I seemed to have the tiniest spec of blood in my discharge. It hasn’t happened since and my EPU won’t see me for a scan because they’re not concerned at all. However, the exact same thing happened at the same time with my first pregnancy and I’d had a missed miscarriage. I can’t even find anywhere that will take me for a private scan for a week and I’m just beside myself with worry. I know most people would tell me not to panic, that it’s normal, and will be fine, but I don’t have that luxury of being able to assume that any more 💔
I would be a bit naughty and tell them you’ve had a lot more blood just so they’ll get you in. It’s awful that even those of us who have suffered losses still have to fight and advocate for ourselves.
---
IMG_9239.jpeg

So the top one is yesterday evening and the bottom is from first thing this morning.

This is my 5th pregnancy and none of my previous ones have made it past 6 weeks. I can’t even bring myself to be excited over this and neither can my fiancé. I hate how these recurrent losses have ruined what should be a special moment for us. I’m also concerned that the test line isn’t as dark as I would like for 4w1d, which is what happened with my previous ones, except for the first one which ended up being a missed MC anyway. :cry:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Ah I'm sorry that you have to experience all the worries, like @MsCunk said - either try finding somewhere private that can take you in a day or two or lie and say it was more blood. Just so you can see the baby and hear the heart and be a little more at ease. :/ When is your next scan supposed to be?

@RoseyThorney can you get a blood test for hcg? My doctor tested it for me after MC, you could ask? But if they don't want to then maybe going private 2 or 3 times?

Has anyone had experience with a positive test result and a negative the following day? I tested twice yesterday (2 different brand tests) around lunch time and both were positive, I had one test left and couldn’t help myself today before I left the house and it was negative

Has anyone had experience with a positive test result and a negative the following day? I tested twice yesterday (2 different brand tests) around lunch time and both were positive, I had one test left and couldn’t help myself today before I left the house and it was negative
when would your period have been due? It could be that your urine was a bit less concentrated today or you were using a less sensitive test - some tests pick up 10ml HCG and others 25ml so is the second test less sensitive?

the other option - which I hope it isn’t - is a chemical pregnancy but I would think you might still show a faint positive for a bit longer.

my advice is get a sensitive test (10ml) and test tomorrow morning with first morning urine x

I stopped taking the pill about 4 months ago to try for a baby and my cycle has been about 26-28 days each time. Have been tracking on an app and I am now 5 days late. Have done 2 tests and both were negative. Could this just be my body still settling? I'm usually very regular when not on birth control so unsure what's going on!

Thank you for the replies 🩷 little update, we managed to get a private scan and the baby is still fine, even gave us a little wave 🩷 I’m sure the worry will be just as bad tomorrow as I’m still spotting blood occasionally (been going on 5 weeks now) but for now I feel slightly better

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you for the replies 🩷 little update, we managed to get a private scan and the baby is still fine, even gave us a little wave 🩷 I’m sure the worry will be just as bad tomorrow as I’m still spotting blood occasionally (been going on 5 weeks now) but for now I feel slightly better
What a relief! Hope you can feel a little more relaxed now.

I hope it’s ok to post here. In nov last year I fell pregnant at 8 weeks I had a natural miscarriage which knocked me for six. 😞
After getting my cycle back I fell pregnant on my second time of trying and I stupidly thought that would some how heal my grief.
it didn’t, it just caused anxiety.
In April We went for an 8 week scan our baby was measuring perfectly but no heartbeat.
This time I decided to take the pills to start my miscarriage.
Unfortunately I was very unlucky and got an infection which unfortunately has been going on for six or so weeks with three different types of antibiotics.
My friends, family and husband have been amazing and work have been brilliant. This has made all the difference.
We have been referred to the recurrent miscarriage unit and the first steps are getting our bloods taken.

So I’ve now had consecutive miscarriages, one natural and one medically induced, plus an infection.

If anyone has any questions about the above or they have found themselves in the same situation and you have question please ask.

I’ve decided that for the next 6 months we won’t be trying. My body is broken and my heart hurts.

Take care everyone xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
What a relief! Hope you can feel a little more relaxed now.

I hope it’s ok to post here. In nov last year I fell pregnant at 8 weeks I had a natural miscarriage which knocked me for six. 😞
After getting my cycle back I fell pregnant on my second time of trying and I stupidly thought that would some how heal my grief.
it didn’t, it just caused anxiety.
In April We went for an 8 week scan our baby was measuring perfectly but no heartbeat.
This time I decided to take the pills to start my miscarriage.
Unfortunately I was very unlucky and got an infection which unfortunately has been going on for six or so weeks with three different types of antibiotics.
My friends, family and husband have been amazing and work have been brilliant. This has made all the difference.
We have been referred to the recurrent miscarriage unit and the first steps are getting our bloods taken.

So I’ve now had consecutive miscarriages, one natural and one medically induced, plus an infection.

If anyone has any questions about the above or they have found themselves in the same situation and you have question please ask.

I’ve decided that for the next 6 months we won’t be trying. My body is broken and my heart hurts.

Take care everyone xx
Nothing really helpful to say other than that I am so so sorry 🩷

I hope the next few months are as kind to you as possible. I really hope you feel physically better too, the toll a miscarriage alone takes on your body is real but to go through two and your infection must be so difficult.

Lots of love and good luck with the RM clinic. We have been with our local RM clinic too but also found Tommy’s really helpful, I emailed their midwives a lot with random questions or thought processes I had 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Nothing really helpful to say other than that I am so so sorry 🩷

I hope the next few months are as kind to you as possible. I really hope you feel physically better too, the toll a miscarriage alone takes on your body is real but to go through two and your infection must be so difficult.

Lots of love and good luck with the RM clinic. We have been with our local RM clinic too but also found Tommy’s really helpful, I emailed their midwives a lot with random questions or thought processes I had 🩷
Thank you so much for your kind words 💓

have you been seen yet by the RM clinic? How did you find it? I can’t face even getting our bloods done just yet.

the EPU midwives I’ve dealt with have been absolutely wonderful.

I found out I was pregnant yesterday at 11dpo, taken another test this morning at 12dpo, the test from yesterday evening and this morning don’t seem any different but I know that’s completely fine at this stage

In a way I feel stupid for testing so early - I just wanted to possibly surprise my partner for Father’s Day. And now we’ve been talking about all the ifs and the future and I want to talk about it but can’t help but feel like I don’t want to get excited yet because I know what could happen 😭

It’s horrible to have experienced it before and just wonder constantly if things are normal, with my son I had no symptoms apart from heartburn at 5 or 6 weeks. I’m barely even 4 weeks yet and I’ve spent the last 2 days feeling really sick and have a killer of a headache. I know all pregnancy’s are different but it’s so hard to not worry isn’t it 😭

• Heart
I found out I was pregnant yesterday at 11dpo, taken another test this morning at 12dpo, the test from yesterday evening and this morning don’t seem any different but I know that’s completely fine at this stage

In a way I feel stupid for testing so early - I just wanted to possibly surprise my partner for Father’s Day. And now we’ve been talking about all the ifs and the future and I want to talk about it but can’t help but feel like I don’t want to get excited yet because I know what could happen 😭

It’s horrible to have experienced it before and just wonder constantly if things are normal, with my son I had no symptoms apart from heartburn at 5 or 6 weeks. I’m barely even 4 weeks yet and I’ve spent the last 2 days feeling really sick and have a killer of a headache. I know all pregnancy’s are different but it’s so hard to not worry isn’t it 😭
My partner and I are unfortunately a lot more cautious this time around - it’s killing me watch my partner make a conscious effort to be more guarded 😔

I’m 9w5d now and have had two normal scans but still terrified this will be taken away.

What’s helping get me through in a weird way is the amount of pregnant people, on the pregnancy thread here, on other forums, in real life who are untouched by loss or even if they are have gone on to have (sometimes multiple) “normal” pregnancy. This may not be what other people here want to read and I’m sorry if it offends but we are in the minority here so it’s not silly to hope and be positive that this time it will be okay 🤞🏼.

And congratulations!!!! A lovely Father’s Day gift!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Congrats on your positive 🥰 I think it's so normal to be more cautious, I'm 7w3d, saw the heartbeat already and I still don't feel much love or connection to this pregnancy yet. I guess is just a way to keep a little distance if something does go wrong which is pretty sad actually.

Maybe try focusing on one day at a time and one small milestone - first reaching 5 weeks, then 6, then first US etc. So it doesn't seem so daunting. And keep testing if it's gonna make you feel better. I got a lot of comfort from seeing the line eventually get darker.

Do you know the influencer Nadia Anya? She went through multiple losses and IVF and she's now finally 20 weeks pregnant and was just saying on tiktok how only now that she finally has a bump and feels the baby move she can relax a little and start to enjoy it. I think the fear never leaves but it does get better with each week (or so I hope). Good luck! 🤞🏼

Last edited:
  • Heart
Even having a healthy pregnancy inbetween my miscarriage and this one still makes it difficult to believe it could happen 😭

I just really don’t want it to be like with my son where I didn’t like to get excited and have zero bump pics. I know we’re a long way off anyway, most don’t know they’re even pregnant at this stage 😂

It’s so weird though as 2 years ago I was pregnant with my son and didn’t even know it yet. They have literally the same due date at this stage 😂 (he was moved forward at scans and then came 3 weeks early) hopefully we will have a February baby this time but imagine being lucky enough to not have fertility problems and actually plan in the year when you have your babies!!

if things continue okay I’m going to try book a early scan for 22nd July - when we first saw our son 🥰

getting ahead of myself already 😭

Even having a healthy pregnancy inbetween my miscarriage and this one still makes it difficult to believe it could happen 😭

I just really don’t want it to be like with my son where I didn’t like to get excited and have zero bump pics. I know we’re a long way off anyway, most don’t know they’re even pregnant at this stage 😂

It’s so weird though as 2 years ago I was pregnant with my son and didn’t even know it yet. They have literally the same due date at this stage 😂 (he was moved forward at scans and then came 3 weeks early) hopefully we will have a February baby this time but imagine being lucky enough to not have fertility problems and actually plan in the year when you have your babies!!

if things continue okay I’m going to try book a early scan for 22nd July - when we first saw our son 🥰

getting ahead of myself already 😭
Congratulations ❤
I was like this with my first and I hadn’t had any losses yet! We went through fertility to get her and I just couldn’t get excited incase something went wrong. Think I only took two bump pictures and only believed I was pregnant when I was holding her 😂
The second time around I didn’t have that anxious feeling yet we then had a loss so I know I’ll be a mess if I’m lucky enough to get pregnant again
Booking private scans kept me going in my first pregnancy and just taking each day as it comes
Defiantly book that scan it’ll be something to look forward too for you x

• Heart
I feel like my lines on a 4 hour hold were really crap, on 2 different tests. But maybe that’s okay for 13dpo? I don’t know 😭

my husband hasn’t been helpful with it either, he has poor eyes and said both my clear blue 6days early and Tesco tests had no line - they do but they’re faint.

maybe I should just be preparing myself for the worst already

With fmu the line of today (the day I’d be due my period) is just so faint. I don’t think it’s any fainter than yesterdays but I think I’d expect to see better lines on the day of my period? I don’t know, I don’t feel very hopeful about it right now 😞

With fmu the line of today (the day I’d be due my period) is just so faint. I don’t think it’s any fainter than yesterdays but I think I’d expect to see better lines on the day of my period? I don’t know, I don’t feel very hopeful about it right now 😞
I feel like my lines were quite samey and pale in 11, 12, 13 dpo, possibly more prominent at 14 but not by any means dark. I was doing multiple a day and it wasn’t helpful. HCG should double every 48 hours so you’re unlikely to see a stark difference testing so frequently. I stopped testing on the day of my period for a few days because it was driving me mad and causing me worry, told myself I wouldn’t test again until the weekend. I woke up the Sunday early hours, heart racing, panicking. Did a test and the line was so much darker. It’s so hard but maybe try having a little break from testing?

• Heart
I feel like my lines were quite samey and pale in 11, 12, 13 dpo, possibly more prominent at 14 but not by any means dark. I was doing multiple a day and it wasn’t helpful. HCG should double every 48 hours so you’re unlikely to see a stark difference testing so frequently. I stopped testing on the day of my period for a few days because it was driving me mad and causing me worry, told myself I wouldn’t test again until the weekend. I woke up the Sunday early hours, heart racing, panicking. Did a test and the line was so much darker. It’s so hard but maybe try having a little break from testing?
yes I think I need to try stay away from them for a few days :( I know whatever will happen, will happen, I just can’t help but lean towards it being a negative outcome right now and I’m just looking for some magical dark line to shock me and prove me otherwise 😞

Could you try another brand of test maybe? A digital? Then step away from the lines for a couple of days if you can. I totally get how difficult it is but I had to for my sanity!

• Heart