TTC and feeling jealous of pregnant women ☹️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@swimming yes they do offer Clomid, I know women who have purchased and tried Clomid before IVF and have been become pregnant naturally so it would definitely be a pro to go for that. It’s such a difficult time at the moment isn’t it, TTC makes us very impatient 🙁 you’ll find it all starts happening very quickly once you do get the appointment, good luck ❤ remember, less stress is best xx

I have the clear blue '4 most fertile days' tests and every month I am showing high LH and peak at around day 14/15/16 of my cycle and my periods are every 28/30 days. And have been all my life.

I dont have a thermometer weirdly so I must get one to start noting my basal temp
If you’re not trying to get pregnant through standard intercourse then I wouldn’t bother monitoring your temp, it’s a lot of faff and hassle and I don’t think it’s worth your while unless the clinic advises it.

If you’re not trying to get pregnant through standard intercourse then I wouldn’t bother monitoring your temp, it’s a lot of faff and hassle and I don’t think it’s worth your while unless the clinic advises it.
Ah okay, thank you for that. Yes we cant get pregnant because my husband has no sperm whatsoever following cancer. So we are relying on a nice donor from the clinic (when we pick one!). The clinic we have picked has their own in-house sperm bank which im hoping will make things smoother.

Reactions: 1
Found out today that one of my close friends is about to announce she is 3 months pregnant. I’m really so pleased for her and her husband as she had a tough few months for unrelated reasons, but I’m also gutted for me as this means her due date is very close to my due date, before I miscarried. It’s going to be really hard. This friend doesn’t know I had a miscarriage, but I was warned she is going to make an announcement by another friend who I did tell. (I didn’t tell the other friend simply as it didn’t come up). Quite glad I don’t have to see her face to face for a while, which is sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Found out today that one of my close friends is about to announce she is 3 months pregnant. I’m really so pleased for her and her husband as she had a tough few months for unrelated reasons, but I’m also gutted for me as this means her due date is very close to my due date, before I miscarried. It’s going to be really hard. This friend doesn’t know I had a miscarriage, but I was warned she is going to make an announcement by another friend who I did tell. (I didn’t tell the other friend simply as it didn’t come up). Quite glad I don’t have to see her face to face for a while, which is sad.
I wish there was a heart reaction instead of heart eyes!

Completely understandable that you would feel that way. Sending lots of love. 💙

Sigh. My sister has just told us she’s pregnant with her second child and I’ve just had month 5 of a not pregnant test. I’ve felt queasy for two days so I really thought this was going to be the month.

• Sad
I know this thread has gone quiet but looking for advice.
I’m currently under the care of a gynae. Really not been overly happy with the care. I’ve been in the ‘system’ for about 2 years but have been ttc for about 3 years. I’ve been diagnosed with pcos, mild endo. Had a laparoscopy and hsg test (tubes are clear) and I’ve now been told that i can have clomid... if I lose 4 stone. Everything has just ground to a halt and they’ve waved me off saying all my dreams will come true when I magically lose all this weight. I’m 1.5 stone down but struggling with the rest. I’ve got a fertility appointment with another hospital on 13th July (phone consultation due to clinic being shut) to hopefully try and make my case to be given clomid. The thing is, I have monthly, regular periods. I didn’t even have a clue I had pcos until I was ttc. Does anyone have any experience with clomid here? Is this drug even relevant for me as apparently I do ovulate!

I’m currently under the care of a gynae. Really not been overly happy with the care. I’ve been in the ‘system’ for about 2 years but have been ttc for about 3 years. I’ve been diagnosed with pcos, mild endo. Had a laparoscopy and hsg test (tubes are clear) and I’ve now been told that i can have clomid... if I lose 4 stone. Everything has just ground to a halt and they’ve waved me off saying all my dreams will come true when I magically lose all this weight. I’m 1.5 stone down but struggling with the rest. I’ve got a fertility appointment with another hospital on 13th July (phone consultation due to clinic being shut) to hopefully try and make my case to be given clomid. The thing is, I have monthly, regular periods. I didn’t even have a clue I had pcos until I was ttc. Does anyone have any experience with clomid here? Is this drug even relevant for me as apparently I do ovulate!
What's your BMI?

I tried clomid for two cycles and it did buggar all for me, but my issue is low egg reserve so not sure if it ever would have helped? It ended up messing with my cycle. I believe it can be fab for those with PCOS though. I too need to lose weight for my one and only chance at IVF and it's so so hard, made even harder by lockdown.

What's your BMI?

I tried clomid for two cycles and it did buggar all for me, but my issue is low egg reserve so not sure if it ever would have helped? It ended up messing with my cycle. I believe it can be fab for those with PCOS though. I too need to lose weight for my one and only chance at IVF and it's so so hard, made even harder by lockdown.
My BMI is 35 but by my appointment I am aiming to get it down even further for 33.9. Originally I think it was around 38? I am working out at the very min 4 x a week and trying to be stricter on keto.

I am just starting to worry as my mum started menopause early 40s and I am now 32. Weight is something I have always really struggled with unfortunately but even at my slimmest I don’t think I was ever at the weight I need to get to for clomid. I’m also not eligible for IVF as my husband has children from a previous marriage.

Ask for a drug called metformin it helps with PCOS and weight loss. Sadly regular periods don’t meant ovulation but you can get a blood test to confirm ovulation usually one of the first tests carried out when looking into fertility. I don’t know your weight but don’t let them use it as an excuse they love to blame weight.

Ask for a drug called metformin it helps with PCOS and weight loss. Sadly regular periods don’t meant ovulation but you can get a blood test to confirm ovulation usually one of the first tests carried out when looking into fertility. I don’t know your weight but don’t let them use it as an excuse they love to blame weight.
Hey, sorry I definitely skipped loads of info out haha!! According to my blood tests I am ovulating. I had to have 3 tests during my cycle to coincide with the pcos diagnosis. I took metformin but it really didn’t agree with me. I take Inofolic alpha twice a day at the moment which is myo-inositol and folic acid which my gynae said is a better option. Im 5ft 8 and was about 18.5 when I was denied clomid (which I do understand) I’m now about 16.5 (I also have fake boobs which I think add at least 4lbs). Pushing really hard to get down to the 16 stone mark. I train 4 times a week and I’m back on low carb so I hope I will see effective loss. I almost want the NHS to say if you don’t lose the weight we can’t do anything for you then I can consider private. Purely because time is not on my side.

My journey has just been a mess from start to finish. My gp messed myblood tests up so I ended up having to have 6 blood tests done. I was referred to fertility and then denied due to BMI. Got referred to a gynae in a different nhs area so had none of my records so couldn’t really do much. Finally got referred for a laparoscopy, had the surgery but hospital forgot to follow up with me. During my lap my tubes weren’t patent but looked healthy so needed HSG which was clear. Was told they removed some endo but didn’t really explain anything about it, told me I had PCOS, to lose weight and then it will all be sorted. I just have no confidence in them at all.

Hey, hope no one minds me butting in!

I am about to start my fertility journey with a private clinic. My husband and I knew the NHS might not work out for me in terms of time scales and the dreaded BMI.... but at the moment my BMI is 37.5 and I've been told the private clinic wont go near me until my BMI is 35. So I am also doing low carb to try and get this ball rolling because its doing my head in.

The Covid pandemic has messed a lot of people up on their fertility journeys, especially those relying on clinics to help etc.

I understand your frustrations. Just keep chipping away at the BMI/weight loss.

Is there anyway you would consider private fertility treatment? I know it is priced quite heavily, and that is a major downside for most people :-(

Hey, hope no one minds me butting in!

I am about to start my fertility journey with a private clinic. My husband and I knew the NHS might not work out for me in terms of time scales and the dreaded BMI.... but at the moment my BMI is 37.5 and I've been told the private clinic wont go near me until my BMI is 35. So I am also doing low carb to try and get this ball rolling because its doing my head in.

The Covid pandemic has messed a lot of people up on their fertility journeys, especially those relying on clinics to help etc.

I understand your frustrations. Just keep chipping away at the BMI/weight loss.

Is there anyway you would consider private fertility treatment? I know it is priced quite heavily, and that is a major downside for most people :-(
Do you mind me asking what your fertility issues are, your age and what approx cost you’re looking at. All so personal so please don’t feel you need to answer. Or just DM me if more comfortable.

I am starting to debate private clinic. It’s hard though because to all my friends and family I put on a facade that I don’t want kids and I’m totally happy so i think it would come as a shock.

Keto honestly works wonders x

Do you mind me asking what your fertility issues are, your age and what approx cost you’re looking at. All so personal so please don’t feel you need to answer. Or just DM me if more comfortable.

I am starting to debate private clinic. It’s hard though because to all my friends and family I put on a facade that I don’t want kids and I’m totally happy so i think it would come as a shock.

Keto honestly works wonders x
Of course I don’t mind you asking!
So a few years ago my husband had cancer and the result of that is that he has no viable sperm count. So we will be using a donor, and having IUI (possibly IVF).

I am on the other side of 35, but I’m under 40😂

Cost wise, we have spent the last 2 years saving up and have pulled together quite a lot to fund our treatment. NHS wait wasn’t too bad, and we had initial tests and stuff, but something was t quite right and we found a lovely private clinic and we knew straight away it was what we wanted to do (even thought we fully understood we would be paying - but that’s why we saved up)

x

so we found out after 18 months of trying. My husbands sperm count is ok, but his motility & morphology are bad. Ivf is looking our only option. Just trying to wrap my head around it. Anyone else gone though this?
trying to stay postive and continue ttc in the meantime

so we found out after 18 months of trying. My husbands sperm count is ok, but his motility & morphology are bad. Ivf is looking our only option. Just trying to wrap my head around it. Anyone else gone though this?
trying to stay postive and continue ttc in the meantime

Our funding has been approved and we’ve had an initial appointment at the ivf clinic. Sadly they couldn’t even give us a rough estimate of waiting times. Covid has thrown everything back months and months. My advice is to be proactive with the ivf clinic and make sure you don’t just get lost in the system. My GP was rubbish at passing test results onto the clinic and I’ve really had to cause a nuisance in order to get them doing their job.

We were told it is an average of 9-14 months waiting on NHS for treatment so we have decided to go private. Got a consultation within 2 days! It’s ridiculously expensive but it was very clear that the NHS clinics were not going to rush themselves.

So glad I saw this thread. I feel the same, boyfriend and I have decided to start trying and the timing is perfect but I’m consumed with worry that it’s just not going to happen anytime soon. Panicky feelings, jealousy towards my two best friends who do have babies (both conceived accidentally after missed pills), feels like I’m seeing pregnancy announcements everywhere!

I’m a very organised person and I’m finding it hard to just go with the flow and come to terms with the fact this isn’t something I can control. Reading some of the posts on here I know things can take time but I just feel a bit emotional and impatient over it all!

Hi everyone I’m after some advice. Honest answers please what is it like going from 2-3 kids? I have two boys nearly 6 & 2. We have a very busy few years and have had to move our wedding back from 2021 to 2022. Once we are married in July 2022 if we feel we are financially stable we might start trying for baby number 3, our boys will be around 4 & 7 by then. Any advice would be greatly appreciated , I worry as we live in a 3 bed house too.

I was prescribed clomid after being diagnosed with PCOS. I always had a feeling I had PCOS just because of the symptoms I’d read up about and my periods then started getting further and further apart and very light. I took one dose of clomid and fell pregnant, due later this year. I didn’t expect it to work quite that quickly! I don’t know much about the drug other than my own experience but wishing you all the luck in the world.