TTC #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so difficult isn’t it! You want to stay healthy and have the vaccines but you also want a family 🥺

false alarm guys! I got my peak this morning on my digital and my strips are getting darker 🥳 only 3 days later than normal but better late than never 🤣
Wouldn't you be withered from the opks!! They aren't cheap either!

Wouldn't you be withered from the opks!! They aren't cheap either!
I've had a couple cycles off tracking, about 3 I think? As Oct/Nov/Dec were manic for me so it was a good distraction but just from previous cycles I've tracked I've always got my peak on CD15, so I started tracking from CD13 so I don't use as many then... Or so I thought 😂

I ovulate a different day every month, have to start on cd10, it could be cd19 before i peak and the following month cd13🙄

Hi all, made a new account to comment, not sure if I’m commenting on the right place but I’m a ball of anxiety today and I really need to get it off my chest

Been trying ttc 3 years and the longest I’ve gone between periods is 35 days
Last period was 1 December so should have been due 5 Jan at the latest

The suspense was killing me so decided on the 7 Jan that I would buy a test. I purchased a pack of 2 tests on my lunch break around 12 ish and took it at around 12.30. It was a clear blue test and sure enough after a few mins a cross was displayed for positive

I was so delighted but due previous losses decided to not tell my husband straight away, I thought I’d prefer to tell him after I’d missed my second period as with the losses they were all before this stage.
I didn’t take a picture of the test as didn’t want to run the risk of him finding the picture on my phone

the whole of Friday afternoon/ evening I was on cloud nine. Saturday I had the biggest smile on my face I was so happy.

my husband went out Sunday afternoon so i decided to have another peep at my pregnancy test and when I looked at it it was negative! I felt sick, the horizontal line was still there in the test box but the vertical line had gone. I felt like I was going nuts. I still had the second test in the box so took it and it came up negative. I’m so annoyed with myself that I didn’t take a picture of the first test.

Sunday evening my head felt like cotton wool I couldnt think straight so today while everyone was out at work I went to purchase more tests. I’ve bought cheap brand 2 packs of 2. I came home and have just took a test and it’s the faintest line you literally have to shut one eye and squint with the other to see anything. I actually feel like I’m imagining seeing a line.

Also I’ve purchased 2 clear blue digital tests on Amazon which are arriving at some point today as I feel I need to see it spelled out in black and white one way or the other.

I really thought it would be easier than this keeping it all to myself and dealing with it alone. The anxiety of not knowing is absolutely driving me insane.

sorry about the essay but I haven’t told a soul and needed to get it all out of my head. I just need to know if I’m pregnant or not

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi all, made a new account to comment, not sure if I’m commenting on the right place but I’m a ball of anxiety today and I really need to get it off my chest

Been trying ttc 3 years and the longest I’ve gone between periods is 35 days
Last period was 1 December so should have been due 5 Jan at the latest

The suspense was killing me so decided on the 7 Jan that I would buy a test. I purchased a pack of 2 tests on my lunch break around 12 ish and took it at around 12.30. It was a clear blue test and sure enough after a few mins a cross was displayed for positive

I was so delighted but due previous losses decided to not tell my husband straight away, I thought I’d prefer to tell him after I’d missed my second period as with the losses they were all before this stage.
I didn’t take a picture of the test as didn’t want to run the risk of him finding the picture on my phone

the whole of Friday afternoon/ evening I was on cloud nine. Saturday I had the biggest smile on my face I was so happy.

my husband went out Sunday afternoon so i decided to have another peep at my pregnancy test and when I looked at it it was negative! I felt sick, the horizontal line was still there in the test box but the vertical line had gone. I felt like I was going nuts. I still had the second test in the box so took it and it came up negative. I’m so annoyed with myself that I didn’t take a picture of the first test.

Sunday evening my head felt like cotton wool I couldnt think straight so today while everyone was out at work I went to purchase more tests. I’ve bought cheap brand 2 packs of 2. I came home and have just took a test and it’s the faintest line you literally have to shut one eye and squint with the other to see anything. I actually feel like I’m imagining seeing a line.

Also I’ve purchased 2 clear blue digital tests on Amazon which are arriving at some point today as I feel I need to see it spelled out in black and white one way or the other.

I really thought it would be easier than this keeping it all to myself and dealing with it alone. The anxiety of not knowing is absolutely driving me insane.

sorry about the essay but I haven’t told a soul and needed to get it all out of my head. I just need to know if I’m pregnant or not
I think on the cheaper tests lines can fade just like the strength of the colour on an OPK strip fades after a while. If it was only a faint line to start with it would make it harder to see.

I know it’s hard not to stress but the Clearblue should hopefully help. If you were due on 5th and tested on 8th depending on when you ovulated, your levels of HCG may still be low. Good luck, I hope you get your positive result and peace of mind with the CB.

On the previous topic of the booster - I had mine in December a few days after ovulation. I was having some quite strong pregnancy symptoms (spent a lot of time trawling forums online) and things I’d not had before so close to my period being due. Normally I’ll have some spotting before my period - had none - and then I was late. The only time I have been late in my life was one month in 2009.

I dared to dream - it was Christmas Day morning about 5am and I wanted to know if I could drink. Only had a cheap strip test. No line. Googled the accuracy of the strips and loads of people said they didn’t show an early result. Decided not to drink. Boxing Day came. No period. Took another test. Negative. Decided to avoid alcohol too.

Morning of 27th AF appeared. What a kick in the teeth - a dry Christmas for nothing followed by the
longest period of my life (10 days). My cycle is now definitely messed up because I’d normally be ovulating today and my OPKs are very low, plus no other signs. Just frustrating.

I would say though for people who are unsure - having a booster when you’re not pregnant is a much easier decision than when you are. Also from what I hear from work (NHS) there have been some very ill pregnant women in hospital from COVID causing complications, premature babies and even sadly death. I would still have the jab on balance. Something to consider when you’re weighing up the pros and cons.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think on the cheaper tests lines can fade just like the strength of the colour on an OPK strip fades after a while. If it was only a faint line to start with it would make it harder to see.

I know it’s hard not to stress but the Clearblue should hopefully help. If you were due on 5th and tested on 8th depending on when you ovulated, your levels of HCG may still be low. Good luck, I hope you get your positive result and peace of mind with the CB.

On the previous topic of the booster - I had mine in December a few days after ovulation. I was having some quite strong pregnancy symptoms (spent a lot of time trawling forums online) and things I’d not had before so close to my period being due. Normally I’ll have some spotting before my period - had none - and then I was late. The only time I have been late in my life was one month in 2009.

I dared to dream - it was Christmas Day morning about 5am and I wanted to know if I could drink. Only had a cheap strip test. No line. Googled the accuracy of the strips and loads of people said they didn’t show an early result. Decided not to drink. Boxing Day came. No period. Took another test. Negative. Decided to avoid alcohol too.

Morning of 27th AF appeared. What a kick in the teeth - a dry Christmas for nothing followed by the
longest period of my life (10 days). My cycle is now definitely messed up because I’d normally be ovulating today and my OPKs are very low, plus no other signs. Just frustrating.

I would say though for people who are unsure - having a booster when you’re not pregnant is a much easier decision than when you are. Also from what I hear from work (NHS) there have been some very ill pregnant women in hospital from COVID causing complications, premature babies and even sadly death. I would still have the jab on balance. Something to consider when you’re weighing up the pros and cons.
thank you clickbait, I just keep thinking oh well no period is a good sign and trying to put it out of my mind but after 30 seconds I’m thinking about it again 🙄
It’s so mentally consuming

hoping we all get our positives soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
thank you clickbait, I just keep thinking oh well no period is a good sign and trying to put it out of my mind but after 30 seconds I’m thinking about it again 🙄
It’s so mentally consuming

hoping we all get our positives soon x
It really is - the drain emotionally and mentally is huge. Changing your lifestyle to optimise your success, tracking everything, spending money on vitamins and lube and test strips, pouncing on your partner even when you’re not in the mood, symptom spotting like a MoFo, trying to keep positive and stress-free and even trying to bloody manifest a pregnancy because you read somewhere that it worked for someone, then feeling like an absolute failure every month, but having to pick yourself up and try again.

Plus the negative emotions of anger and jealousy at other people which are horrible to experience but eat at you over time. I hate that just as much as the feeling like a failure on a monthly basis.

Sorry to drag the tone down guys - it is good to vent in a safe space with people who get it though.

Good luck to everyone for their next/current cycle 🤞🏻🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Last month was my third proper cycle after a miscarriage at the end if September. I ovulate bang on cd 14, had a strong surge and felt so positive about it but af arrived 14 later. I guess I should be grateful I was regular but was really hoping I'd be pregnant again by now :(

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My cycle had just started to stabilise after my losses and then I had my booster end of December and it seems to have messed up my ovulation again which is really annoying.

If we have to have a 4th and I’ve still not conceived I will be a bit hesitant to have my cycle go all funny again.

My cycles we're fine the first 2 vaccines, so I've spoke to Mr Whiskey and he said he would rather I just got the booster over and done with now rather than a few months down the line and prolong it even longer in case it does mess up my cycle. If that makes any sense? Especially when they're saying you need the booster for the passport to be valid

Hi all, just in terms of the vaccine and periods, there is a thread in “advice” called “painful periods after the vaccine” or something similar, just incase anyone wants to share their experience there or read about others.

It includes more symptoms other than painful periods such as women having either shorter periods, or longer times between periods. Some women there are TTC as well.

Just sharing to be helpful, as there’s hardly anywhere to find information on those few who do experience side affects and not many people are aware of the vaccine’s yellow card scheme.

I’m not sharing to influence anyone. I just think those who are TTC or currently pregnant should have as much information as possible in terms of vaccines/boosters. Your body, your choice ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all, I’ve had two losses last year and I was lucky enough both times I fell pregnant not be “trying.” Last month was my first month having a period after the last miscarriage and I naively thought it “might just happen” again. Got my period today so not pregnant and want to start tracking my ovulation properly. I’ve bought strip tests from Amazon. Are these accurate enough? Or should I go for the clearblue smiley face thingy too? Is there any difference? Thanks so much for any advice lovely ladies. 💕

Had perfect ovulation signs this month, more CM than I usually have… partner and I both wiped out with Covid during my fertile week and didn’t have sex once 🙃

Hi all, I’ve had two losses last year and I was lucky enough both times I fell pregnant not be “trying.” Last month was my first month having a period after the last miscarriage and I naively thought it “might just happen” again. Got my period today so not pregnant and want to start tracking my ovulation properly. I’ve bought strip tests from Amazon. Are these accurate enough? Or should I go for the clearblue smiley face thingy too? Is there any difference? Thanks so much for any advice lovely ladies. 💕
I used the Premom strips for a good few cycles to get the hang of them and see what my cycles were like beofre I used the CB aswell. To be honest when the clearblue conflicted it was a head melt, I much preferred Premom.

It really is - the drain emotionally and mentally is huge. Changing your lifestyle to optimise your success, tracking everything, spending money on vitamins and lube and test strips, pouncing on your partner even when you’re not in the mood, symptom spotting like a MoFo, trying to keep positive and stress-free and even trying to bloody manifest a pregnancy because you read somewhere that it worked for someone, then feeling like an absolute failure every month, but having to pick yourself up and try again.

Plus the negative emotions of anger and jealousy at other people which are horrible to experience but eat at you over time. I hate that just as much as the feeling like a failure on a monthly basis.

Sorry to drag the tone down guys - it is good to vent in a safe space with people who get it though.

Good luck to everyone for their next/current cycle 🤞🏻🙌
I’ve been following this thread for a while but had to join to say your post is spot on! You’ve just described everything I go through every month trying to conceive. I dream of the day I’m off this merry go round! Every day is so draining mentally.

I’ve also suffered with my cycle since my 2nd Jab in August , I’m not sure if it was the jab or just my hormones being all over the place but I had a 2 week period shortly after having it so I’m undecided about the booster as don’t want to risk it disrupting my cycle again

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So true ladies, it’s not the nice journey I had envisioned that’s for sure. I envy my friends who had ‘oops’ babies.

I’ve had all 3 jabs and hope it isn’t having a negative effect.. I had my booster in November, then my partner had covid in December. I read an article that covid can reduce mens fertility for 3 months?! What happens if I need another booster in a few months?Argh!

Due my period today and no sign. Im never late. But if im honest i think AF will come yet im a tad crampy. Got my booster 4 days before peak ovulation in December so it'll be interesting to see did it affect this cycle. I'll give at least another 48hrs before even consider testing. Id rather my period tell me than a negative test😕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.