TTC #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone!
We are planning to TTC from August.
My gynaecologist sais to start prenatals 3 months before.
Do you think it’s beneficial to start earlier ? Or to track ovulations with the ovulation tests a few months before to see what the average days are when I ovulate?
I’ve got a regular period, and have gone to gynaecologist and blood tests for regular check ups 1x year for past 10 years, so hoping that we can conceive within a year, provided there’s no hidden issues.

Reactions: 1
2 days late. Negative tests including ClearBlue 7 days early test. I did have Covid New Years… has this affected anyone else’s cycles…? Double vaxxed but the bad hasn’t messed up my cycle as of yet? Very confused. Normally have 28 day cycles. DTD on my fertile days over Christmas… don’t know what to think!
Do you know when you ovulated? I was testing negative until my period was 5 days late! (I didn’t have covid but I did have my second jab that cycle) xx

Do you know when you ovulated? I was testing negative until my period was 5 days late! (I didn’t have covid but I did have my second jab that cycle) xx
Ovulation window was 28th - 1st. DTD 27th, 31st and 1st which was peak haha! I tested Covid positive 1st Jan too… (also other half surprising stayed negative hahaha! God knows how…) now Flo just keeps moving my period start date onwards. I’ve had no period symptoms. And no pregnancy symptoms like my last 2 (ended in miscarriages…) it’s all so bloody confusing isn’t it! ETA - I’ve been double jabbed since July and had no other cycle issues 🤨Xxx

• Heart
2 days late. Negative tests including ClearBlue 7 days early test. I did have Covid New Years… has this affected anyone else’s cycles…? Double vaxxed but the bad hasn’t messed up my cycle as of yet? Very confused. Normally have 28 day cycles. DTD on my fertile days over Christmas… don’t know what to think!
I had Covid in august, also double jabbed. My usual 28-30 day cycle was 43 days 🙉

• Wow
Hi everyone!
Do you think it’s beneficial to start earlier ? Or to track ovulations with the ovulation tests a few months before to see what the average days are when I ovulate?
I’ve got a regular period, and have gone to gynaecologist and blood tests for regular check ups 1x year for past 10 years, so hoping that we can conceive within a year, provided there’s no hidden issues.
Hello! We are planning to start TTC in March after our honeymoon. For now I’m using this time since coming off birth control to track my ovulation, cycle etc to try and get a good handle of my body ahead of time. My thought process is that I’d rather track things now in order to know when I ovulate so we know from the very beginning when it’s happening than going in blind if that makes sense.

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone!
Welcome! ❤ Yes it’s definitely beneficial to start a prenatal before TTC if you can, 3 months is ideal. It’s not necessary but it can help to make sure you body is in optimum condition to conceive. I chose to track ovulation for a couple of months before TTC too, it helped to give me an idea of when my fertile window might be. Best of luck with your TTC journey!

• Heart
I keep forgetting to take my vitamins 😬 it’s my tww now, is there any harm is starting folic acid and vit d now or should I wait for next month. I guess there should be no harm in it?

My partner keeps saying I don’t need the vitamins and should just get it from foods. I’m like 🙄

Tracking everything is a good way to get prepared definitely. I like pre mom and use the easy@home OPK. Just be aware it does get very tiresome peeing on sticks every single day and I’d be reluctant to start now. Maybe you could give it a go for a month and see if ovu and period dates line up? I’m rubbish at testing every day, I hate it. I had a peak Sunday and won’t track again until next month.

I keep forgetting to take my vitamins 😬 it’s my tww now, is there any harm is starting folic acid and vit d now or should I wait for next month. I guess there should be no harm in it?

My partner keeps saying I don’t need the vitamins and should just get it from foods. I’m like 🙄

Tracking everything is a good way to get prepared definitely. I like pre mom and use the easy@home OPK. Just be aware it does get very tiresome peeing on sticks every single day and I’d be reluctant to start now. Maybe you could give it a go for a month and see if ovu and period dates line up? I’m rubbish at testing every day, I hate it. I had a peak Sunday and won’t track again until next month.
Just start the vitamins now, don’t wait. It takes a few months to properly be in your system I think! I’m exactly the same as you and was forgetting to take them so now I have an evening alarm on my phone to remind me 🙈

Mmmm can’t really get a lot of folic acid from foods, there’s folate on spinach but otherwise it’s best to take the vitamins I believe, don’t quote me though 🙈

I also hate tracking! First few cycles I was excited and used highlighters to colour code things (I like stationery 😂) but now I know my peak day I just test 3 days before and maybe the day after my peak because after 8 cycles it gets tiresome. I can only imagine how people who are trying for years must feel ❤

Just start the vitamins now, don’t wait. It takes a few months to properly be in your system I think! I’m exactly the same as you and was forgetting to take them so now I have an evening alarm on my phone to remind me 🙈
Mmmm can’t really get a lot of folic acid from foods, there’s folate on spinach but otherwise it’s best to take the vitamins I believe, don’t quote me though 🙈

I also hate tracking! First few cycles I was excited and used highlighters to colour code things (I like stationery 😂) but now I know my peak day I just test 3 days before and maybe the day after my peak because after 8 cycles it gets tiresome. I can only imagine how people who are trying for years must feel ❤
Ill start tonight! Maybe I’ll leave them on my side table and take it before bed. Honestly I’m usless. I definitely don’t eat enough spinach to get a good amount of folic acid 🤣 I’ll tell him to shush.

i was so excited to track too and then after I peed on my hand multiple times it got pretty annoying 🤣 I only started easy@home a few months ago and I’m bored already! I do like seeing the highs and peaks though.

i would like to do the BBT but I DEFINITELY don’t have the patience to do that haha!

Ill start tonight! Maybe I’ll leave them on my side table and take it before bed. Honestly I’m usless. I definitely don’t eat enough spinach to get a good amount of folic acid 🤣 I’ll tell him to shush.

i was so excited to track too and then after I peed on my hand multiple times it got pretty annoying 🤣 I only started easy@home a few months ago and I’m bored already! I do like seeing the highs and peaks though.

i would like to do the BBT but I DEFINITELY don’t have the patience to do that haha!
Haha peeing on my hand all the time.. the aim doesn’t get easier does it 🤦🏼‍♀️ To remind me to do BBT I put the thermometer on top of my phone so when my alarm goes off in the morning I have to pick it up to switch off my alarm to remind me. God knows what I’ll be like with baby brain when I finally get there because I’m useless now for remembering things 😂

• Haha
Hey! So natural cycles (using it for the past year to track and learn) predicted I would ovulate on Sunday. DTD Friday and Saturday but now it looks like natural cycles thinks I ovulated on Friday. So disappointed!! We DTD on ovulation day in the morning but I guess it’s unlikely we will catch this month now? X

Hey! So natural cycles (using it for the past year to track and learn) predicted I would ovulate on Sunday. DTD Friday and Saturday but now it looks like natural cycles thinks I ovulated on Friday. So disappointed!! We DTD on ovulation day in the morning but I guess it’s unlikely we will catch this month now? X
App can be good for tracking IF they are correct, but if you really want to to pinpoint your ovulation day it's better to use ovulations tests. I went by Flo for a a month or 2, but I actually ovulate 2 days later than the app was telling me

If you peaked Friday and DTD Friday and Saturday isn't that not slap bang the right time to conceive?

The easy at home opks......i still cannot get my head around that they will determine your highs or peaks based on a photo of a test, everyone has different phones, different lighting and so on, how accurate can it be? What's the best way to enter the test results? Do you take the photo automatically? Enter manually?
I get dark enough lines and the app says it's low, drives me bloody mad, i end up taking a photo of the test 4 different ways for the app to recognise it's not low!!?? Ive even stopped entering the results on the app and just judge the colour of the line myself but am i wrong??

App can be good for tracking IF they are correct, but if you really want to to pinpoint your ovulation day it's better to use ovulations tests. I went by Flo for a a month or 2, but I actually ovulate 2 days later than the app was telling me
I just said to my other half we need to use ovulation sticks next month!!! Looking at the clear blue digital one! X

If you peaked Friday and DTD Friday and Saturday isn't that not slap bang the right time to conceive?

The easy at home opks......i still cannot get my head around that they will determine your highs or peaks based on a photo of a test, everyone has different phones, different lighting and so on, how accurate can it be? What's the best way to enter the test results? Do you take the photo automatically? Enter manually?
I get dark enough lines and the app says it's low, drives me bloody mad, i end up taking a photo of the test 4 different ways for the app to recognise it's not low!!?? Ive even stopped entering the results on the app and just judge the colour of the line myself but am i wrong??
I read that the best days are the two days prior to ovulation! Hence why we did on Friday and Saturday expecting to ovulate on Sunday. I guess it’s just a wait and see and see how my temperature goes over the coming days! X

As far as i understand you get your peak and dtd that day and the day after?? Obviously the more sex the better no matter when but i Dtd the day of peak and day after? Because ttc sex is so planned, clinical etc i don't do it any more than i have to if you get me😁 my partner hates it too, me saying "right ive peaked let's go" and we are not one bit in the mood🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I pee into one of those GU cheesecake ramekins and Dip the test into that. Much easier than peeing on the stick. I always take a pic of my test with the flash on too to try make sure I get an accurate reading

Reactions: 2
I pee into one of those GU cheesecake ramekins and Dip the test into that. Much easier than peeing on the stick. I always take a pic of my test with the flash on too to try make sure I get an accurate reading
Yeah I just bought some plastics cups in the end 😂 I know one the brands actually supply little cups I can't remember which one though. I want to say that Mira one?

Looking at the clear blue digital one!
These are the ones I use, they tell you your full fertile window if you get the purple ones ☺ the pink ones only give you one or 2 days I think? I also use the easy@home strips with the premom app. Most times my peaks match up but this month I got a peak on my clearable but I never got my peak on the strips so I'm not sure if I missed it 😣 it's a minefield this game I tell ya 😂

• Heart
I didn't need to read this while I ate my Gu cheesecake 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hello again! Feels like it's been a while!

Since my partner and myself have been ttc for over a year now (about 14 months) and we are both healthy, late 20's with no health concerns - I have decided it's probably time to take the next step and have just submitted a form to my GP. A step I hoped I'd never have to make. It's sent me into panic mode - I have no idea what to expect or what they'll ask or what I'm even entitled to.
Can anybody advise??

Baby dust🌟

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.