True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember my mum seeing people who weren't really there before she passed away, She would ask 'can you see that beautiful lady over there? he hairs bowing in the wind ' or if i could see the guy sitting on the wall with his arms wrapped around his legs, before leaving for a hospice she asked if i had been knocking on her door. I researched life before death things and apparently when someone is going to die, they are 'collected', and the two worlds become one to make passing easier or something, she want scared at all and so i wasn't either.a while after her passing she visited me in a dream but we were having a conversation where i said wow mum is this actually real, as in my dream she was perched on the side of my bed, I was so confused when I woke up, I have dreamed of her since but not in the same way.
omg. the same Thu g happened with my mum seeing her own mother and baby sister who had longed passed. she even laughed when talking to them. I also had a very real conversation with my mum in a dream 22 hours after she passed. it's SO insane when it happens?! I asked her in the first one, "how do I know I'm really talking to you right now and it's not just a dream?" she stood up and shook her leg and replied " well how long has it been since I could do this?!" ( the weakness had really upset her for some time). Sorry for the essay, was so pleased to see such a similar post!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I used to work in nursing homes while I was at uni and I've loads of stories!

I worked permanent nights in this one home and everyone would tell me about various experiences which I would laugh off. A new carer (A) came to work with us and she was really in to the spiritualist side of things. Normally we would have the TV on low in the lounge at night for a bit of background noise. A didn't like the TV on because she liked to hear what was going on.
One morning around 4am we were chatting quietly and mid conversation I could hear someone whistling a tune in the far corner of the room. I stopped talking and so did A. I asked her had she heard what I'd heard and she smiled and nodded and told me not to be scared. I jumped up and went to that corner and felt an icy chill. I then opened the curtains thinking it might have been a dog walker but it was still pitch black and the whistling was too clear and close to be outside. Anyway I settled myself down and didn't think too much about it.
Fast forward a few weeks and A was sitting on the desk in the landing and another colleague (B) was leaning against the door frame. A told B not to move because somebody was behind her. B had worked there a long time so asked A to describe the figure. A described a short, stooped man, a bald head with wispy white hairs, glasses, wearing navy striped pyjamas, brown slippers and using a walking stick. B said that it sounded awfully like John Doe as he used to shuffle around and whistle to himself.. A then told B that it was indeed John Doe as he was smiling and nodding. Now we had a name and John must have felt more comfortable so we would hear whistling a lot more and acknowledge his presence.
One night I was working with an agency carer who hadn't been to the home before and so I had been running round showing her what to do. Agency weren't allowed to fill in the paperwork so I was busy filling it in amidst delegating other tasks to her. John had a habit of always whistling either behind me, or into my ear (he must have known it freaked me out a bit). Anyway he must have been sitting in the chair beside me and was trying to catch my attention and I was ignoring him. He kept whistling at me and I said out loud "not tonight John, I haven't time for you." I never heard him again after that even though other girls continued to hear him.
Interestingly about a year before we heard John whistling the nurse came flying round to us one night and told us off for not having someone in bed. We then walked round to the other lounge with her and there was no-one there. She said that when she had walked past there was a man sitting there with navy striped pyjamas and a walking stick and she thought to herself how much the man resembled John Doe. Turns out John must have been having a rest!

---

One room downstairs was a shared room and there were two sisters who shared the room. A curtain divided the room. Day staff would always comment on how the far side of the room beyond the curtain would always be icy cold, even with the window closed and the radiator full blast. The sister that slept on that side always appeared slightly unsettled.
One of the managers had raced down the corridor one day as she heard a primal scream coming from that room and when she went opened the door the curtain divider was billowing and the screaming got louder and louder until it ceased and the curtain dropped. The window was closed and no-one was in the room.
The sister closest to the window passed away first. Interestingly that side of the room didn't feel as icy after the priest had been for her last rites.

The other sister wasn't doing too well and the priest had been to deliver her last rites. We took it in turns to sit with her as her family weren't able to sit. About 1 in the morning she suddenly opened her eyes. The nurse (C) who was sitting with her asked her if she was ok and she nodded. C told her she was just going to nip to the loo and to the kitchen to get a coffee and that I would be sitting with her for a while. This lady barely spoke but she took C's hand and said "no you stay." She looked over C's left shoulder and said "but you can go." C then told her she would stay with her and the lady would keep looking over C's shoulder and saying "you can go now." Anyway the lady turned a corner and lived for about another 9 months. After doing some research it looks like the lady's collector had come for her but she just wasn't ready to pass over yet! It was the strangest thing I've ever witnessed!

---

My great uncle who I was very close to passed away suddenly 7 years ago. I was naturally very upset and still to this day have not come to terms with his death. Anyway, he was a great big tall man (6 foot 8 1/2) and he was an electrician. The running joke was always the fact that he didn't need a stepladder to change lightbulbs. About a week after his death I was really struggling and had cried myself to sleep and saying out loud that I wanted a sign that he was with me.
I was working days in a different nursing home and every room I went in to the next morning, the light bulbs blew. This continued most of the day, even bulbs that had been changed and the handyman was beginning to think there was a problem with the wiring. I went home that night and switched on my bedroom light and it blew too. I started laughing for the first time since his death and said out loud that it wasn't funny anymore and I'd got the point thank you very much. Bulbs stopped blowing then but even now, if I'm feeling particularly sad or missing him a lot a bulb always goes.

Sorry for the long post!

👻
This whole post is absolutely lovely. Freaky yes, but so so heart warming - especially about your great uncle. Thank you for sharing xx
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The Dear David thread on Twitter gave me nightmares! I read it ages ago when the blogger first posted it and I wish I hadn't. Very, very scary although it makes you feel better, I dont actually think it's real.
OH MY GOD dear David 😂 id almost forgot about that! It’s okay, I didn’t want to sleep tonight anyway 🥴😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
omg. the same Thu g happened with my mum seeing her own mother and baby sister who had longed passed. she even laughed when talking to them. I also had a very real conversation with my mum in a dream 22 hours after she passed. it's SO insane when it happens?! I asked her in the first one, "how do I know I'm really talking to you right now and it's not just a dream?" she stood up and shook her leg and replied " well how long has it been since I could do this?!" ( the weakness had really upset her for some time). Sorry for the essay, was so pleased to see such a similar post!
Omg that’s literally what I asked as well!! And she said “I can’t tell you darling” which made me think it was my mind but it is insane and I remember it more vividly than any other dream I’ve had. It just felt so much like her, I’ve never spoken to someone who relates the same way!! How often have you had dreams like this? It’s been 5 years since I lost my mum and only had a dream like that once xx
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg that’s literally what I asked as well!! And she said “I can’t tell you darling” which made me think it was my mind but it is insane and I remember it more vividly than any other dream I’ve had. It just felt so much like her, I’ve never spoken to someone who relates the same way!! How often have you had dreams like this? It’s been 5 years since I lost my mum and only had a dream like that once xx
in the 2.5 years since she passed, I've had probably about 8 now. I'd sound like a crazy person if I said everything I want to! the conversations are always 2 sided, coherent and I'm sort of thinking about what I say whereas in a dream you don't do you? I've never spoke to anyone else that's had this either! feel free to message if we can on here xx
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 3
If you google visitation dreams you only usually get one from a certain person once, they are coming to tell you they are ok basically. When I had one I woke up crying and my whole room felt like it was glowing and i could feel energy around me xx
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
If you google visitation dreams you only usually get one from a certain person once, they are coming to tell you they are ok basically. When I had one I woke up crying and my whole room felt like it was glowing and i could feel energy around me xx
I must be the exception as I've had these very real conversations in my 'dreams' a lot more than once. it felt very heartfelt and genuine more than any sort of spiritual enlightenment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
If you google visitation dreams you only usually get one from a certain person once, they are coming to tell you they are ok basically. When I had one I woke up crying and my whole room felt like it was glowing and i could feel energy around me xx
Very interesting. I posted about mine previously, about how I dreamt my dad (who had passed days before) was ringing my mobile, I answered and woke up as he said 'hello'. I jumped awake, it was like I really heard him in the bedroom! The only one I've had of my dad. It was just strange how it was just after he passed, 3 years ago. Maybe grief, but maybe it was more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Not long after I finished up for mat leave last year I had a dream about one of my patients from work. I had a bit of a soft spot for her, she was actually the first person in my work I told I was pregnant 🤣
Anyway, she was there for end of life care as thats the patient group we usually deal with. I had this dream about her about a week before I had my daughter. Time went by and I had a wee notion to check obituaries to see if she was still with us. Turns out she passed away around about the same time I had a dream about her. I do believe she was coming to say goodbye.

I've never dreamt about any patients before or since.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I was at work Monday night, I’m a cleaner, so I go and clean the building after hours once everyone has gone home, I unset the alarm when arriving, set again when leaving.

I phoned my friend whilst there Monday night, cos there wasn’t much to to do, I was bored, helps pass the time. We’re on a video call...

I take the lift to the first floor, I go into the offices do what I’m doing, come out to where the elevator is to see the elevator doors open! So I’m like ok, probably nothing... I start hoovering and they open again! I’m showing my friend like, look!! I even Hoover towards the elevator to see if it was me who set it off, nope... So I’m like duck this I’m not using that, I carry the hoover down the stairs, sod health and safety at this point! I go downstairs, do what I’m doing in reception, all the while still on the call with my friend, and the elevator doors OPEN, on the GROUND FLOOR!! Bearing in mind I’ve walked down the stairs, so how did the elevator get downstairs with only me in the building and the doors open again?! I screamed and left! Never felt so scared in my life. The person who picked me up from work that night even said they’ve never seen me look so scared in my life.

Then Tues night I was sat waiting for someone to pick me up, again, on a call to my friend, my friend raises their eyebrows, so I nod back, and I’m like so you heard that too then? And they went yep - there was a goddamn bang in the room I was sat in!
you dont by any chance work in Liverpool do you ? there is a building in Liverpool this happened in frequently and a security guard witnessed it as well

Very interesting. I posted about mine previously, about how I dreamt my dad (who had passed days before) was ringing my mobile, I answered and woke up as he said 'hello'. I jumped awake, it was like I really heard him in the bedroom! The only one I've had of my dad. It was just strange how it was just after he passed, 3 years ago. Maybe grief, but maybe it was more.
this made me think of a couple of dreams I had one was shortly after my nan died in 2007 she lived in a rented house and the next family that live there now arent very nice people, I jokingly said "I bet nan will come to haunt them" I had a very vivid dream she was sitting on a chair in the living room with what I can only presume was their furniture getting her hair done just laughing at the lady who lived in the house ,(shes a mobile hairdresser) and she was screaming dont mess with my family and as I approached her she turned and looked at me and said its alright they wont bother us again, we had been getting hassle from the girls husband almost daily , a few weeks after I visited my niece who lived next door to this family and she said the lady had knocked , my niece thought there was going to be trouble but the lady very sheepishly apologised for all she had done , as she went to go she turned back and said to my niece did your nan ever wear her hair in a hairnet and my niece said yes with rollers when she was getting her hair set, the woman went pale and said she found a hairnet and a roller on one of her chairs and cant for the life of her think who would have put it there,my niece knew nothing of my dream until she relayed this to me . The other visitation I had was in 2015 my FIL died very suddenly , my husband kept saying my dad wont come to me , I went to bed later than my husband this one time and about 4 in the morning I dreamt id been woken up and I felt a weight at the end of the bed, then my FIL appeared in my dream so vividly I said to him go to your son he needs you he nodded , he never ever wore a suit except at our wedding and his burial, next day my husband said "I had the strangest dream I dreamt my dad came to tell me he was ok and not to worry, I said oh right he said yeah he the suit on that we buried him in" I went cold , about 10 minutes after we woke up our landline phone went and it was my SIL saying she had been woken up by something at approx 4 am and she said she wasnt scared just soothed by it , a few minutes later my husbands younger brother was talking and said I dreamt about my dad coming to see me I woke up at about 4 in the morning at this point I was totally freaked out .
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
you dont by any chance work in Liverpool do you ? there is a building in Liverpool this happened in frequently and a security guard witnessed it as well


this made me think of a couple of dreams I had one was shortly after my nan died in 2007 she lived in a rented house and the next family that live there now arent very nice people, I jokingly said "I bet nan will come to haunt them" I had a very vivid dream she was sitting on a chair in the living room with what I can only presume was their furniture getting her hair done just laughing at the lady who lived in the house ,(shes a mobile hairdresser) and she was screaming dont mess with my family and as I approached her she turned and looked at me and said its alright they wont bother us again, we had been getting hassle from the girls husband almost daily , a few weeks after I visited my niece who lived next door to this family and she said the lady had knocked , my niece thought there was going to be trouble but the lady very sheepishly apologised for all she had done , as she went to go she turned back and said to my niece did your nan ever wear her hair in a hairnet and my niece said yes with rollers when she was getting her hair set, the woman went pale and said she found a hairnet and a roller on one of her chairs and cant for the life of her think who would have put it there,my niece knew nothing of my dream until she relayed this to me . The other visitation I had was in 2015 my FIL died very suddenly , my husband kept saying my dad wont come to me , I went to bed later than my husband this one time and about 4 in the morning I dreamt id been woken up and I felt a weight at the end of the bed, then my FIL appeared in my dream so vividly I said to him go to your son he needs you he nodded , he never ever wore a suit except at our wedding and his burial, next day my husband said "I had the strangest dream I dreamt my dad came to tell me he was ok and not to worry, I said oh right he said yeah he the suit on that we buried him in" I went cold , about 10 minutes after we woke up our landline phone went and it was my SIL saying she had been woken up by something at approx 4 am and she said she wasnt scared just soothed by it , a few minutes later my husbands younger brother was talking and said I dreamt about my dad coming to see me I woke up at about 4 in the morning at this point I was totally freaked out .
Love these!! 💕
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Love this thread!

Personally I've only ever had tame experiences. I've had what I call 'shadow people' in the corner of my bedrooom at night. I would wake up in the early hours and see a dark figure in the corner, so I would grab my phone and turn the torch on and there wouldn't be anything there.

Also I was once house sitting once for family friends and the house made both me and my partner feel really uneasy, like you were being watched the whole time.
We had to spend a week there so we googled what to do and a website said to call out the spirit and make noise like clapping, so we did, and when we stopped and listened there was one single clap in response!

Also one other story, not necessarily ghost related but possibly supernatural.
Years ago my mum was told she had miscarried but it was actually an ectopic pregnancy. She went to the hospital on her lunch break as she had been continuously bleeding for weeks, and she ended up being taken straight down to theatre.
After the surgery and before she came round, she dreamt that she was in her childhood home and was small again. In the dream her mum and brother were arguing and she started crying and ran outside into the back garden.
In the back garden was a tiny old woman dressed all in white, holding out her arms and beckoning my mum to go over to her. My mum didn't know her so she didn't go to her and ran back inside the house.

When my mum woke up in the hospital she was in an oxygen tent and she was told it had been touch and go as to whether she would make it. My mum told her mum about the old lady in the dream when she visited and when my mum described her, my nan realised it was her grandmother (who had died before my mum was born).

My mum still believes it was her great grandmother and that she was there to take her to 'the other side'!
 
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Love this thread!

Personally I've only ever had tame experiences. I've had what I call 'shadow people' in the corner of my bedrooom at night. I would wake up in the early hours and see a dark figure in the corner, so I would grab my phone and turn the torch on and there wouldn't be anything there.

Also I was once house sitting once for family friends and the house made both me and my partner feel really uneasy, like you were being watched the whole time.
We had to spend a week there so we googled what to do and a website said to call out the spirit and make noise like clapping, so we did, and when we stopped and listened there was one single clap in response!

Also one other story, not necessarily ghost related but possibly supernatural.
Years ago my mum was told she had miscarried but it was actually an ectopic pregnancy. She went to the hospital on her lunch break as she had been continuously bleeding for weeks, and she ended up being taken straight down to theatre.
After the surgery and before she came round, she dreamt that she was in her childhood home and was small again. In the dream her mum and brother were arguing and she started crying and ran outside into the back garden.
In the back garden was a tiny old woman dressed all in white, holding out her arms and beckoning my mum to go over to her. My mum didn't know her so she didn't go to her and ran back inside the house.

When my mum woke up in the hospital she was in an oxygen tent and she was told it had been touch and go as to whether she would make it. My mum told her mum about the old lady in the dream when she visited and when my mum described her, my nan realised it was her grandmother (who had died before my mum was born).

My mum still believes it was her great grandmother and that she was there to take her to 'the other side'!
Got visions of a pissed off spirit giving you one salty clap in return 😂😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 12
I was at work Monday night, I’m a cleaner, so I go and clean the building after hours once everyone has gone home, I unset the alarm when arriving, set again when leaving.

I phoned my friend whilst there Monday night, cos there wasn’t much to to do, I was bored, helps pass the time. We’re on a video call...

I take the lift to the first floor, I go into the offices do what I’m doing, come out to where the elevator is to see the elevator doors open! So I’m like ok, probably nothing... I start hoovering and they open again! I’m showing my friend like, look!! I even Hoover towards the elevator to see if it was me who set it off, nope... So I’m like duck this I’m not using that, I carry the hoover down the stairs, sod health and safety at this point! I go downstairs, do what I’m doing in reception, all the while still on the call with my friend, and the elevator doors OPEN, on the GROUND FLOOR!! Bearing in mind I’ve walked down the stairs, so how did the elevator get downstairs with only me in the building and the doors open again?! I screamed and left! Never felt so scared in my life. The person who picked me up from work that night even said they’ve never seen me look so scared in my life.

Then Tues night I was sat waiting for someone to pick me up, again, on a call to my friend, my friend raises their eyebrows, so I nod back, and I’m like so you heard that too then? And they went yep - there was a goddamn bang in the room I was sat in!
Anything since? X
 
in the 2.5 years since she passed, I've had probably about 8 now. I'd sound like a crazy person if I said everything I want to! the conversations are always 2 sided, coherent and I'm sort of thinking about what I say whereas in a dream you don't do you? I've never spoke to anyone else that's had this either! feel free to message if we can on here xx
I wish i had more, i cant figure out how to message on here! x
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Another story I've just thought of which a family friend told me about.

She was in a taxi on her way to meet her husband for a drink in town and noticed the taxi driver kept looking at her in his rear view mirror. She said it was creeping her out and she felt really uncomfortable.
When they arrived the driver turned to her and apologised if he had worried her, but asked if she knew she had a man with her in spirit. The driver said he had a large birth mark on one side of his face. My friend said no, paid the fare and got out of the cab sharpish, thinking the driver was just a bit odd.

She didn't think any more of it, until a few weeks later she was in a café and a woman approached her and asked if she was aware there was a spirit with her. Again, the woman mentioned it was a man and that he had a birth mark on his face!

She was obviously totally freaked out by this point and spoke to her mum, who told her that there was an older relative who had died years back who had a large port wine stain on one side of his face! Her mum even had photos of him in an old family album.

My friend never knew this man so she's still unsure why he's stuck with her - maybe he's her guardian angel?
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I finally finished reading this thread last night just before I went to sleep, I woke up around 4am after having a dream about my nanna’s house and when I woke a tree was blowing in the wind in front of a light causing the whole window to flash, I think it’s safe to say the stories in this thread were embedded in my mind 🙈

I don’t have any major stories other than the house I used to live in with my ex and his dad made me feel very uneasy whenever I was in the front of the house, I very rarely went in the main living room at the front and I certainly wouldn’t go in there when it was dark. There were times where it sounded like somebody was walking in the room above, I hated being in the house alone and often slept with the lamp on as my ex worked at night.

The main strange incident I experienced was one night I woke up as I felt what I can only describe as somebody clawing their hand down my leg... it was one of those things that felt very real at the time and I have no explanation for the feeling or what could have caused it 🤷🏼‍♀️
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
My dad was very close to one of his sisters. A couple of years ago she had to have emergency surgery and was very lucky to survive. When I visited her in hospital she was surprisingly chipper and the doctors couldn’t believe how quickly she’d recovered. I mentioned this to her and she said really casually ‘Oh your dad has been keeping me company. He’s been here quite a lot’. He died 10 years ago.....😳 She also said that during the op he had looked after her and at one point he was standing at the foot of the bed smiling but shaking his head. I was convinced something had happened during the op and that it had not been plain sailing. It turns out they did nearly lose her and I honestly think my dad was telling her no, it wasn’t her time to go. It turns out she still sees him quite frequently and did before the op too...
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.