True Ghost Stories #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ghost manor here.. back with an update. My mum was here the other week she saw a woman stood at my back door it scared the life out of her. She said she was just stood not moving or anything.

This week I was asleep and I was rudely awoken by a smack to the side of my head! No partner in my bed and definitely wasn’t the dog!
---

My local army barracks isn’t far from me, short walk anyway people have said during the stormy weather they’ve seen Roman soldiers marching, sometimes it’s just the waist up. I’ll pop the link below..

Wow never heard of this I was brought up near and have waitressed at the barracks my friends mum was the head chef there for years she’s dead now but I’ll ask my friend if her mum ever had any stories.
---
Not a ghost story as such but back in August last year I was cleaning at work & found a little white feather, I’ve been cleaning my room today & found another little white feather just randomly on my floor.
One of my best friends died last year quite young and she was really into angels and anything spiritual and I see little white feathers sometimes when I’m out walking just a single feather and I always say hi B I know you’re here thanks for letting me know you’re ok 🪽

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This is happening to me tonight. Someone is tapping on my bathroom mirror, then again on my landing I’m not acknowledging it. Even the dog heard it and looked.
---

If anyone ever hears 3 knocks dont acknowledge it. Sometimes it’s not good.
---

It’s your guardian angel. Not taking the piss lol.they're guiding and protecting you.
Well I am sorry now I googled the significance of three knocks and the holy trinity 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Well I am sorry now I googled the significance of three knocks and the holy trinity 😱
Oh gosh I just did too. I will struggle to sleep tonight 😅 I can't watch horror films or anything d emonic because I get truly freaked out 🫣😬 i knew I shouldn't have googled it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So unfortunately no news to tell I spoke to my friend and she said her mum never mentioned anything being spooky or saw anything at Fullwood Barracks but to be fair she was another no nonsense northerner and I can imagine her coming face to face with an apparition and saying “ get out of me bloody road I’ve gettin food int oven and I’m not burning it for some ghoul from yesta bloody year”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My mum and dad’s house is very spooky. Just before Christmas my mum was downstairs reading and looked up to see the figure of what looked like a toddler dressed in red crawling in front of the sofa in her dining room. This was only for a second but she swears she definitely saw it and didn’t feel scared. Their house was built in 1907 so it’s more than likely people have passed away in it, and their dining room would probably have been the bedroom originally. Whenever I stay overnight it definitely feels different at night than during the day, like you aren’t alone. I hate it! I’m a big wuss 😳😂

• Wow
Reactions: 18
For anyone wanting a good book to buy I highly recommend this Amazon product. i couldn’t put it down. Plus the profits go to a local hospice that helped his mam. Raised over 20 grand so far ❤

Reactions: 4
This isn’t a ghost story as such but I don’t know where to put it & it’s bugging me so much, so I split with my ex husband in 2001, we did get back together 18mths later or there abouts, I had a lovely job which I really enjoyed & worked mainly afternoons, I had a friend whilst I was single who I went out with my now ex husband never liked her, I saw my ex husband in a club one night said hi & left it at that.

So roll on to 2021 I’m single & meet someone new, I eventually got a job last year which I love & work afternoons mainly again my manager does the rota I don’t have a preference to what I work, my ex boyfriend never liked one of my friends I went out with & we saw him in a pub a few wks ago, he was harassing me so the door staff threw him out, we’ve not spoken since. I’ve moved to a new city (in 2022) & the old street I lived in has a similar name to one a few streets away, think of High Street & this one is High Lane, the place I live in now was the first place I saw & took it, again I know nothing of the area & weirdly I lived near a football ground & in the city I’ve moved to I live near a football ground again!

It’s like history repeating in some ways.

Reactions: 3
I really enjoyed this I read it in a day!
I'd love to know what happens going forward.
glad you enjoyed it. Have you looked the book up on FB, people have been asking for a follow up, he’s not long since had a baby. And I’ve seen he’s had events with Adrian Finney (author of Strange Sheffield)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
glad you enjoyed it. Have you looked the book up on FB, people have been asking for a follow up, he’s not long since had a baby. And I’ve seen he’s had events with Adrian Finney (author of Strange Sheffield)
No I'll do that now thanks.xx

This isn’t a ghost story as such, but I just found out about ’third man syndrome‘…has anyone ever experienced this? When I get really upset and cry, after a few minutes I feel an extremely comforting feeling come over me, it’s probably endorphins that your body releases when you cry but I defo feel a comforting presence!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Would love to add my two weird ghostly things if that’s ok

First was when I was working at a care home just before uni when I was 17. Had an elderly lady who kept complaining that in the middle of a night a young Victorian boy in braces kept pulling off her bedding and pulling faces at her. She wanted us to tell him to leave her alone. Sadly she died a few weeks later and we put it down to her dementia which had worsened rapidly. Then such is common in care homes, within days another lady from a local hospital takes her room. These two women never met in their lives- and within days she too starts complaining about the exact same little boy pulling off her bedsheets! Well we were all in absolute shock and terrified after that to go in there at night!

The next was when I was again at college around 16, and I’d made this friend that was a bit I guess alternative but I liked her. She told me one night that she walks past her grandmas house sometimes and her grandma can be seen stood in the window waving to her (though she died years before). So I decided to call her bluff one night at a sleepover thinking she was crazy and we snuck out at night and walked down the lane to her grandmas and there she was!! A pale blue-ish faced woman stood in the window- my friend waved and she waved back! I then legged it up the road hysterical and called my mum😂 me and the friend fell out not long after and I still can’t explain how weird it was! The woman was…blue! But I still feel like I’ve been pranked!

• Wow
Reactions: 34
I worked in aged care many years ago and we a had a very nice resident who died and the bed remained vacant for 2 weeks. I worked night shift and despite the bed being empty the call bell would go off. Even when I pulled it out of the wall it would still ring. I started noticing that every time the bell went off someone required help such as residents just about to fall. It stopped once the bed was filled.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think I've mentioned before both me and my husband find our house spooky and we are both convinced there's something there
A few weeks ago I woke up at about 1.30am and our bedroom lamps the downstairs lamps and main light were all switched on, weird
Then I woke up the other night something had set our motion detection light off in the hallway and it came on, now this light is fixed to the bannister and you really have to stand in front of it to make it come on again weird
Also I've noticed for a while now that about 5.30am ish just about every morning our big chest of drawers starts creaking like somebody has walked past it
I can't explain any of it

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Posted this is another thread but would like opinions and can’t find another suitable thread! Went for a late night walk in a graveyard and took some photos, looked back and found this.. is it just my eyes playing tricks or can anyone else see something above the gravestone?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16