True Ghost Stories #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband is stationed in Hamworthy, I've refused married quarters so far, some of his colleagues ( big burly men) are terrified of areas on camp!
There were a few houses on a couple of bases in Germany that people refused to live in and they got shut up in the end, never to be used again

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I don't really know the history of the barracks, not sure if it is old. There is a toilet block that gets a lot of them scared 🤣. His friend did record the noises, but cant say too much its a special forces base.
Ive only ever stayed over on camp once and I hated it and the atmosphere.
---
There were a few houses on a couple of bases in Germany that people refused to live in and they got shut up in the end, never to be used again
My dad spent 8 years in total in Germany in the Army, his regiment spent time at spandau prison guarding Rudolph hess in the 60s and 70s Id love to visit there

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Last night while I was trying to sleep I could hear someone whispering “mum””mum” over and over. I’ve no children and my next door neighbour hasn’t. There was definitely no one outside as it seemed to be coming from my landing. It would be easier if they just either showed themselves to me or give me the gift of mediumship so I can see who it is .

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I grew up in the end house of a row of 4. The street door and stairs were to the left and the next doors entrance and stairs was the opposite side of their house (so basically 2 houses away) sorry, It's hard to explain 🤣

Well anyway, one Saturday morning when I was young, my mum me, brother and sister were sitting in the living room and you could hear someone running down the stairs. Really loud and was coming from the side our stairs were on. My mum even looked and she wasn't the type to be bothered or even show us kids any panic. No-one else was upstairs and the neighbours were an elderly couple who wouldn't have been able to make the same noise anyway with their stairs being the opposite side. The house was built around 1920's.

We also had a sliding door between the living room and kitchen and I used to sometimes hear that sliding in the middle of the night.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Last night I heard a tapping sound when I was in bed and was ready to call in a priest but it was just rain dripping on the outside windowsill 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Not a ghost story as such but back in August last year I was cleaning at work & found a little white feather, I’ve been cleaning my room today & found another little white feather just randomly on my floor.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My grandmother passed away at the beginning of November. Seemingly out of the blue she was diagnosed with cancer in September, and was given a poor prognosis. We spent all day every day with her at the hospital during her last week with us.
One of those evenings I was woken up at 3am distinctly hearing her saying ‘hello you two’ as though she was saying hello to me and my husband. I mentioned it to my sister and she had woken at the same time. We went back to the hospital in the morning and by this point she could no longer communicate with us, whereas she had been chatting away the day before. May sound silly but I think it was her consciousness coming to say goodbye to us.
We’ve recently been clearing out her home and sorting her belongings. My dad was stood at the sink washing up and the cupboard doors flung open and all the pots fell out. I think she’s coming to tell us she’s still here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 37
When I was about 10 I was watching tv and there was a Ouji board scene. The next day in my friends house I convinced her to try it while we were there on our own. So we lit a candle a candle sat on the floor and said if theres anyone here give us a sign. She lived in an old cottage with heavy wooden doors and I swear someone knocked three times really loudly on one of the internal doors and then we panicked but the candle wouldnt blow out. I couldnt sleep with the light off for weeks after it 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Last night I heard a tapping sound when I was in bed and was ready to call in a priest but it was just rain dripping on the outside windowsill 😅
This is happening to me tonight. Someone is tapping on my bathroom mirror, then again on my landing I’m not acknowledging it. Even the dog heard it and looked.
---
When I was about 10 I was watching tv and there was a Ouji board scene. The next day in my friends house I convinced her to try it while we were there on our own. So we lit a candle a candle sat on the floor and said if theres anyone here give us a sign. She lived in an old cottage with heavy wooden doors and I swear someone knocked three times really loudly on one of the internal doors and then we panicked but the candle wouldnt blow out. I couldnt sleep with the light off for weeks after it 😱
If anyone ever hears 3 knocks dont acknowledge it. Sometimes it’s not good.
---
Not a ghost story as such but back in August last year I was cleaning at work & found a little white feather, I’ve been cleaning my room today & found another little white feather just randomly on my floor.
It’s your guardian angel. Not taking the piss lol.they're guiding and protecting you.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’ve always seen white feathers on the doorstep after someone’s died, but weirdly enough of when my Mom died. To sure what to make of that.
---
I’ve always seen white feathers on the doorstep after someone’s died, but weirdly enough of when my Mom died. To sure what to make of that.
Should be ‘not when my Mom’

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
If anyone ever hears 3 knocks dont acknowledge it. Sometimes it’s not good.
I’ve heard this before too, i think it’s because it’s mocking the holy trinity?

I think I might have stolen that from a horror film though so it’s could be bullshit

Reactions: 5
In our old flat every single night there would be 3 knocks on the wall. One morning I got pissed off with it and said to the neighbour is it your kids knocking? And she said. That’s our room under you the kids is at the front of the block. (Was a weird lay out) but there room would of been away from us and near the front room. Also her kids was 11 & 14 at the time so bit to old for pranks. But it went on for years always 3 knocks. Anyway we moved out, she moved out. And the new people are complaining of the same issue with the knocking. So weird. No idea what it is.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
It’s your guardian angel. Not taking the piss lol.they'reding and protecting you.
That’s actually nice to know, I believe in things like that although my guardian angel is probably despairing of me right now but it’s good to know I’m not on my own x

Reactions: 11
My daughter is 2.5 and this morning after being up for a wee while (we were still lying in bed) she asked who that lady was and pointed to the door, she repeated it a few times and started laughing and saying the lady was jumping up and down.
She's never said anything like this before and it's not like she had just woken up from a dream. Id like to think it's my own mum who died when I was 3 popping in for a wee visit 🥺

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
My daughter is 2.5 and this morning after being up for a wee while (we were still lying in bed) she asked who that lady was and pointed to the door, she repeated it a few times and started laughing and saying the lady was jumping up and down.
She's never said anything like this before and it's not like she had just woken up from a dream. Id like to think it's my own mum who died when I was 3 popping in for a wee visit 🥺
That’s a nice thought though, how do you feel about it?

Reactions: 6
That’s a nice thought though, how do you feel about it?
I didn't feel that freaked out when she said it, and I would love her to visit if it was. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've dreamt about my mum (one was just recently) so I like to think she's here. I'm from a science background though and usually very logical and part of me wonders if it's just toddler imagination but I really want to believe.

My brother's have had various encounters that they think may be our mum, being kissed on the head, smelling her perfume etc but I never seem to get much.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think that’s just the way it is, my Mom and Nan were both a bit woo, I am open minded but also like a logical explanation to it all, yet I haven’t had an experience like that either and as I said upthread-no feather on the doorstep from my Mom x

Reactions: 10