Trinny Woodall and Trinny London products

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find I can’t watch Trinny anymore. I like her as a person but the relentless flogging of her makeup has become so tiresome. I can’t afford her makeup at those prices but I now look for cream preparations and there are a few out there at a fraction of the price that work quite well. I hope she starts a trend for similar products by brands like Revlon and Maybelline that I CAN afford.
Closet Confessions is non relatable for me. Who has that many clothes? It’s like these vloggers can’t see something nice without buying it. Sets a terrible example for younger women trying to emulate them and running up massive credit card debt.
And Friday Twinning has been done to death. Trinny always looks better and I feel sad for the other one.
No question Trinny has a great fashion eye but it’s easy when you’re tall and slim. Showing my shape by sticking a belt around my middle stopped being an option for me after menopause.
What I don’t get is Trinny’s terrible taste in shoes. Always big, heavy, clunky looking atrocities and so sick of the platform sneakers. Yes her legs are comparatively short but you can’t tell in a dress so why wear the fugly shoes?
Perhaps I’ve had my fill of tall thin women wearing clothes I’d have no occasion to wear and would look tit in anyway and its time to unfollow.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have to agree with everything you say. Always really liked trinny, especially her Zara shop. But now everything she wears (usually over vibrant clashing colours) has to be matched with her make up, usually it’s the Swainy lipstick which she rubs on with her fingers, easily done if you have huge lips! I do wonder who really takes any interest in watching her with her personal trainer early in the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Exactly, unfollowed months ago, sick of the flogging makeup constantly. Who cares

Reactions: 1
I have to agree with everything you say. Always really liked trinny, especially her Zara shop. But now everything she wears (usually over vibrant clashing colours) has to be matched with her make up, usually it’s the Swainy lipstick which she rubs on with her fingers, easily done if you have huge lips! I do wonder who really takes any interest in watching her with her personal trainer early in the morning.
In fairness her business is makeup. Her fashion content isn’t benefiting her financially. Of course she’s going to reference back to her brand.

Reactions: 8
In fairness her business is makeup. Her fashion content isn’t benefiting her financially. Of course she’s going to reference back to her brand.
Exactly. To be fair, I repurchase a lot of what makeup I’ve got. I’ve switched out and slimmed down my day to day makeup. It’s beyond handy, and makes a fantastic gift. I also do like her fashion content, as it’s pushed me to fiddle with things I’m not delighted with so I do rewear, or look at buying more selectively and donating what I was kidding myself worked 🤷🏻‍♀️

I also just love her energy!

Reactions: 10
Exactly. To be fair, I repurchase a lot of what makeup I’ve got. I’ve switched out and slimmed down my day to day makeup. It’s beyond handy, and makes a fantastic gift. I also do like her fashion content, as it’s pushed me to fiddle with things I’m not delighted with so I do rewear, or look at buying more selectively and donating what I was kidding myself worked 🤷🏻‍♀️

I also just love her energy!
She’s great for ways to rewear items or how to change them to suit you better. I wouldn’t wear half of what she does but I still like watching her

Reactions: 5
I guess in fairness as well that she has been working in fashion / styling for 30+ years which explains where a lot of those clothes come from

Agree the shoes are hideous though. Even though she's tried to rebrand her image as a lot more "body positive" than when she was doing What Not to Wear I think she still holds onto a lot of the core ideas she had back then - especially that clothes should make you look as thin as possible (hence the shoes intended to balance out her "chunky" calves)

She’s great for ways to rewear items or how to change them to suit you better. I wouldn’t wear half of what she does but I still like watching her
Completely agree, my wardrobe is very different 😂 but I do think that she offers a great change of perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I guess in fairness as well that she has been working in fashion / styling for 30+ years which explains where a lot of those clothes come from

Agree the shoes are hideous though. Even though she's tried to rebrand her image as a lot more "body positive" than when she was doing What Not to Wear I think she still holds onto a lot of the core ideas she had back then - especially that clothes should make you look as thin as possible (hence the shoes intended to balance out her "chunky" calves)
But to be fair most people (when buying/choosing clothes) try to pick what flatters or suits them. Insta Trinny has been a bit of a lockdown discovery and joy for me. So much more authentic and honest than all the wannabe Trinnys and influencers. I'm a totally different shape to her but she has made me really rethink how I wear colours and colour combos.

After starting this thread I bit the bullet and ordered some of trinny London products. I have to say - I love them! Was always a mac girl for blush but I’m a total convert now. Will never use a powder blush again - the trinny cream blushes are fab. Love the lip products and eye shadows too. They are all so handy and easy to use and apply The only thing I don’t like is the just a touch. I found it too drying on my skin and it just looked cakey so Ive stuck to my usual liquid foundation but everything else I’ve switched to trinny London products. I find the price point fair to be honest. I find the prices are comparable to brands I used previously- Mac, Estée Lauder, Bobbi brown etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The only gripe I have with Trinny is she really does but things that are too tight. I understand the older pieces in her wardrobe are of a smaller size but any new purchase she shows off is still on the top small side. As a curvier gal myself I’ve learned that puckering fabric on clothes is just not flattering. No matter what size you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I like Trinny. I really really do and I think she’s had a tough life with her addiction issues, fertility problems and suicide of her ex-husband. I remember her having the idea of setting this business up and not having the money - she literally did a private house sale of her clothes. That’s admirable. BUT she has to be more relatable - it’s tricky as she’s a Chelsea girl and they don’t really recognise people out of London. Secondly she needs to stop pushing that make up down our throats, not everyone is interested & her audience usually have a brand they are loyal to. Her fashion is debatable. I don’t think it’s particularly elegant to wear all those colours on top of each other and her shoes are beyond hideous, think Spice Girls 1998. I feel like she is somewhat living in the past with her fashion choices. Nobody I know dresses like that or aspires to. However as a person I like her - she has issues and that makes her interesting

Reactions: 6
I like Trinny. I really really do and I think she’s had a tough life with her addiction issues, fertility problems and suicide of her ex-husband. I remember her having the idea of setting this business up and not having the money - she literally did a private house sale of her clothes. That’s admirable. BUT she has to be more relatable - it’s tricky as she’s a Chelsea girl and they don’t really recognise people out of London. Secondly she needs to stop pushing that make up down our throats, not everyone is interested & her audience usually have a brand they are loyal to. Her fashion is debatable. I don’t think it’s particularly elegant to wear all those colours on top of each other and her shoes are beyond hideous, think Spice Girls 1998. I feel like she is somewhat living in the past with her fashion choices. Nobody I know dresses like that or aspires to. However as a person I like her - she has issues and that makes her interesting
But why would she not advertise her makeup? That’s her job, selling her makeup . What else would she put on social media then?

Reactions: 9
Well that’s not strictly true, she is still a ‘fashion expert’ she started as a fashion journalist with Susanna Constantine and as most of us know a fashion makeover expert. Ive followed her for ages from her website blogs and videos to eventually Instagram Purely for the fashion side and I do like a little insight into her life. Her make up brand only started 3-4 years ago but seems to have taken over. On Instagram she has 2 accounts Trinny Woodall which I always thought was for her fashion side and Trinny London obviously for her make up But it seems both now are mostly about her make up and skincare which is of little interest to me!

Reactions: 4
Well that’s not strictly true, she is still a ‘fashion expert’ she started as a fashion journalist with Susanna Constantine and as most of us know a fashion makeover expert. Ive followed her for ages from her website blogs and videos to eventually Instagram Purely for the fashion side and I do like a little insight into her life. Her make up brand only started 3-4 years ago but seems to have taken over. On Instagram she has 2 accounts Trinny Woodall which I always thought was for her fashion side and Trinny London obviously for her make up But it seems both now are mostly about her make up and skincare which is of little interest to me!
I don’t see her making any money with the fashion content atm though on her social media accounts ? I mean she still does a lot of fashion content. (I only watch the fashion content since I have no interest in makeup at all.) But why would she do it without any reward?

Reactions: 3
Because her make up line is her business. It’s her main source of income 🤷🏻‍♀️ Are people really that entitled that they expect Trinny to pump out free fashion content and not plug her make up which actually makes her money? Really?
Trinny London is her makeup brand and Trinny Woodall is her own page. She can post whatever she likes on her own page where as her business page is managed by her company. If you have little interest then why follow her at all?

Reactions: 13
The only gripe I have with Trinny is she really does but things that are too tight. I understand the older pieces in her wardrobe are of a smaller size but any new purchase she shows off is still on the top small side. As a curvier gal myself I’ve learned that puckering fabric on clothes is just not flattering. No matter what size you are.
Oh god those gaping shirts drive me mad!! It’s like she doesn’t realise that she now has boobs and so needs to size up!

Reactions: 2
Oh god those gaping shirts drive me mad!! It’s like she doesn’t realise that she now has boobs and so needs to size up!
i hate gaping shirts!! I don’t think it helps that she rarely wears a bra under shirts. No shame in sizing up in clothes but I think Trinny very muchbuys things as small as she can fit into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2