Trinny Woodall and Trinny London products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but no respect for Trinny ripping off Beyoncé’s album cover to promote herself off the back of and she clearly agreed to it. It’s someone else’s creativity and Trinny’s supposed to be a stylist, she should have come up with her own interpretation of Lady Godiva.
I remember her using the Lionesses win, I think it was last year to promote her products off and she was rightly criticised for that.

Reactions: 8
Sorry but no respect for Trinny ripping off Beyoncé’s album cover to promote herself off the back of and she clearly agreed to it. It’s someone else’s creativity and Trinny’s supposed to be a stylist, she should have come up with her own interpretation of Lady Godiva.
I remember her using the Lionesses win, I think it was last year to promote her products off and she was rightly criticised for that.
Yip. She’s quick to jump on whatever the flavor of the day is.

Reactions: 4
I stopped watching her all together. She started to irritate me during Covid. Flitting off here and there. Then she started to virtue signal and that has put me right off her. I do use her products because I like them but i don’t jump in and buy every new item she comes up with. I have a very small collection and there are some things i won’t be buying again. I hate that the vitamin c serum coagulates after every use.
Honestly, I’ve used TL products but I prefer BeautyPie.

Reactions: 2
Honestly, I’ve used TL products but I prefer BeautyPie.
I love the packaging concept - it‘s great for travel - but I must admit to not being blown away by the contents. It just doesn’t show much or last on my skin. I’m fair so I’ve no idea how anyone with even a slight tan would see any pigment.

I love the packaging concept - it‘s great for travel - but I must admit to not being blown away by the contents. It just doesn’t show much or last on my skin. I’m fair so I’ve no idea how anyone with even a slight tan would see any pigment.
I like the natural no make up look. I know it’s not for most people. That BFF makes my skin glow. Always get complements.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I agree the packaging concept of her makeup is clever, but I prefer some of the makeup and especially the skin care ranges from BP. Although you pay a yearly subscription of £59, their products are quite a bit cheaper for members than TL’s prices and also contain high end ingredients.

I would say with BP to take all their RRPs with a huge punch of salt. I was a member for their first 5 years. It used to be fantastic value. If you enjoy the products, that's great, but I wouldn't believe their " you're saving millions of pounds" marketing.

Reactions: 9
I would say with BP to take all their RRPs with a huge punch of salt. I was a member for their first 5 years. It used to be fantastic value. If you enjoy the products, that's great, but I wouldn't believe their " you're saving millions of pounds" marketing.
I agree I don’t go by their RRP’s, although if the products were branded with those same ingredients you would pay more elsewhere than the members price, I say that from my own experience. Even TL’s prices are higher and for a smaller amount of product.

Completely random, but Trinny was trending on Google yesterday due to her DM article, so I clicked on her name and it brought up her Wikipedia page first - and I had totally forgotten that Trinny isn’t her real name! It just feels weird LOL, I don’t see Sarah-Jane when I look at her 🤣

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Completely random, but Trinny was trending on Google yesterday due to her DM article, so I clicked on her name and it brought up her Wikipedia page first - and I had totally forgotten that Trinny isn’t her real name! It just feels weird LOL, I don’t see Sarah-Jane when I look at her 🤣
I wonder where Woodall came from, the Trinny I get, but Woodall?

Reactions: 3
Not sure if this has been discussed - but this was from a recent Guardian interview. She was asked if she understood why people thought it odd she got with Saatchi after him putting his hands round Nigella's throat in public. Is she really trying to say she didn't know about it? Really? And even slightly defending it?

Screenshot_20230906_151153.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Not sure if this has been discussed - but this was from a recent Guardian interview. She was asked if she understood why people thought it odd she got with Saatchi after him putting his hands round Nigella's throat in public. Is she really trying to say she didn't know about it? Really? And even slightly defending it?

View attachment 2430181
IMG_7957.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Discovered her again recently when I was feeling nostalgic about WNTW. I like the idea of the makeup but £39 for a tinted moisturiser?! The packaging doesn't look good quality. I balked at £30 for Estee Lauder Doublewear 10 years ago.

I have been enjoying the Takeover videos, although I wish they'd stop using Zara. The participants do end up in some nice outfits, but they're rarely practical. Who is actually wearing a brightly patterned head-to-toe polyester suit regularly? I don't know if it's considered old fashioned now, but I still think the advice about dressing for your body shape and creating balance in an outfit is sensible and flattering. Most of these people would be better off with a capsule wardrobe than these statement outfits.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Discovered her again recently when I was feeling nostalgic about WNTW. I like the idea of the makeup but £39 for a tinted moisturiser?! The packaging doesn't look good quality. I balked at £30 for Estee Lauder Doublewear 10 years ago.

I have been enjoying the Takeover videos, although I wish they'd stop using Zara. The participants do end up in some nice outfits, but they're rarely practical. Who is actually wearing a brightly patterned head-to-toe polyester suit regularly? I don't know if it's considered old fashioned now, but I still think the advice about dressing for your body shape and creating balance in an outfit is sensible and flattering. Most of these people would be better off with a capsule wardrobe than these statement outfits.
I think 102 yr old Iris Apfel would disagree. 😃 Dopamine dressing is a positive thing imo and Trinny always brings the fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.