Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bluefox9

Really enjoy Trinny for the most part but does anyone else find the Friday twinning quite gimmicky (and Chloe very irritating)? Feel like it goes against all Trinny’s original work she did with Susannah about dressing for your body type. Why not just choose a theme (eg a colour or pattern) but then a completely different outfit to demonstrate how to dress for Trinny’s shape vs Chloe’s

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Libertine

VIP Member
I posted a couple of days ago that all I want to see from Kat Farmer (DMBL40) is clothes, shoes and bags. Nothing else about her really interests me.

From Trinny, I want to see make up, clothes, shoes and bags. A little bit of day to day padding for context.

If I want health, well-being, exercise and nutrition information, I won’t be looking at an Instagram fashion account. 🙄

• Heart

Deevee47

VIP Member
Did anyone see her in manchester this week? She looks so tired and thin, I was quite shocked when I did.
her makeup artist is brilliant and makes her skin glow and she is brilliant at turning ‘it’ on when she’s filming but she looks dead behind the eyes. There’s something going on with her for certain. I hope she’s ok and has people she can rely and lean on as she does give so much back to women. She deserves to be happy but she doesn’t look it one bit.

• Sad

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
I don’t know how Nicole Kidman can reverse from that face. Why isn’t anybody telling her? Loved Expats though. Worth a watch

On another note - Trinnys birthday was rather lovely. Felt like old old proper friends rather than the merry go round of “new” Insta huns everyone seems to acquire. Despite what we see on Insta that’s testament to her.

• Heart

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Trinny is a classic addict. If you cut her open 100% addiction. Sadly I think it pours out in her manic side and the never ending shopping. Addicts have a hole they cannot ever fill - shopping, over sharing, exercise. She’s too much - she would be that friend you need to see in VERY small doses

Reactions: 14

Cerase

I always assume that she is getting some sort of payment from Zara for all the promotional work she does. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Surely she is a savvy enough business lady to have got that?
Unless things have changed recently, Zara are well known for not indulging in the cult of influencers. They don't give freebies, sponsor posts, give affiliate links etc.

BigMavis

VIP Member
It was the X factor age, we pointed and laughed at others. I loved the show, it was mostly women who hadn't updated their look in 10/20 years. I was a hip Young thing back then and knew women who still had the 80s hairstyle and everything else.
In my opinion the show that followed on ch 4 was way worse, 10 years younger (?) They actually put women under the knife for entertainment.
Don't think that would wash today but then we have social media heaping the pressure on women now.

Cerase

Does anyone find it strange that Trinny is back on This Morning. I thought that they had a fall out but the timing of the return is interesting? Maybe Mr C didn’t like it?
Delighted to see her back, keeps the other wannabees off, if nothing else. Looking at you in particular Kat Farmer (doesmybumblahblah).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Well at least she is self aware enough to know it is a problem. She’s a good egg - I really like her. Far more genuine than so many morons on Insta (although I have to take breaks from her occasionally, too manic)

Howdy

VIP Member
No way!! Did she!? I don’t remember that tbh. I bet that was chacha. Would love to know the tea.

Lyla is sweet but very very spoilt in my opinion. She’s babied so much for someone of her age- and seems very immature. I think Trinny plans to sell rather than pass it on to lyla.
I often wonder how well the company woukd KD so if Trinny wasn’t at the helm.

😂😂😂😂
It would be quite hard for her not to be a bit spoilt I reckon; her mum has an immense and frankly insane amount of clothes that she has access to and her mum is also the partner of Saatchi. Money and access to so many things. I feel for her losing her dad so young and in such an awful way though. I'm sure Trinny did pamper her as a result and not sure I'd cast any judgement on that front (not saying you are btw).

Neighbourooney

Well that’s not strictly true, she is still a ‘fashion expert’ she started as a fashion journalist with Susanna Constantine and as most of us know a fashion makeover expert. Ive followed her for ages from her website blogs and videos to eventually Instagram Purely for the fashion side and I do like a little insight into her life. Her make up brand only started 3-4 years ago but seems to have taken over. On Instagram she has 2 accounts Trinny Woodall which I always thought was for her fashion side and Trinny London obviously for her make up But it seems both now are mostly about her make up and skincare which is of little interest to me!
Because her make up line is her business. It’s her main source of income 🤷🏻‍♀️ Are people really that entitled that they expect Trinny to pump out free fashion content and not plug her make up which actually makes her money? Really?
Trinny London is her makeup brand and Trinny Woodall is her own page. She can post whatever she likes on her own page where as her business page is managed by her company. If you have little interest then why follow her at all?

LizzieE.

I was a massive fan of Trinny till she launched the make up. When it began in her little bathroom, the chaos, the assistant in the bath, there was a warm DIY feel to it. Charming and helpful at the same time. A part of me was HOPING she wouldn't launch a brand and that all this leading up to it was "tilling the soil". Get a prepped audience ready to drop a product on and that's exactly what happened.
I was disappointed really. She was no longer neutral in her opinions. I could see the angle.
In fairness to her I bought 2 items. BFF and the skin tint yoke.
Meh.
All her immediacy and relatability disappeared and I felt conned to be honest.
I eead an article about her this weekend and surprise she's out schilling her new book/podcast.
It's her income and her job so, I'm under no pressure to buy it but she made a comment that stuck in my craw
"Look after your body and your body will look after you"
Utter and complete drivel.
Make that make sense to anyone with a condition that appears out of nowhere.
Is it their fault for not looking after their body?
Or perhaps without the funds to take all the supplements and treatments.
So what I'm at is that she is so glib and shallow that I feel I was taken in by her previously and wish others didn't swallow her shtick hook line and sinker.

• Haha

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Agreed but you have to remember that was her job and her tv show with Susannah was ground breaking and for me compulsive viewing. Of course she was always going to have a huge wardrobe and she’s not an Insta hun. She was doing it while all the current crop of the many Influenzers were in nappies. Trinny is the real deal.

It’s not unusual for ladies in the Kensington, Chelsea and Knightsbridge areas to have wardrobes like that.

I do hope Lyla realises how privileged she is

I really like Trinny but really wish she would stop this new crop top obsession, she’s nearly 60! She looks fab but personally I’d leave the crop tops to the youngsters.
I think it’s alright. I’m not a fan of clothing rules depending on one person who might or might not be „too old“, „too fat“, but I get clothing rules for different occasions. So any sixty year old on vacation, or at least leisure time, in crop tops I‘m fine with. In a professional setting in a crop top? Not even teenagers.

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Trinny is full of Botox and fillers so I’m never going to listen to her about anything skin related. I don’t like that inflated look. Vulgar

• Heart

Cerase

Cue Trinny having another "treat" (3:23) in First Class while throwing her team in economy 🤣

In my experience it's quite common for the MD/CEO to travel 1st or business, while other members of the team travel premium economy. 🤷‍♀️

queenamber

VIP Member
Ruairi's Trinny videos get me every time 🤣Trinny often reposted him and I think she did some videos with him? Love that she can poke fun at herself.

• Haha
I had a thought about Charles and Trinny's relationship... just pure speculation obviously, but from what I understand, Charles is a Tory? I wonder if that has started to grate against her business outlook. I mean, I can't imagine her associates liking his right wing leanings that much. I'm not sure it would go down well with Chloe et al. Maybe Trinny feels she has to choose now.
You feel like a woman in her late 50s would separate from her partner after years, whose political views she knew beforehand, because of social pressure from 25 (and more) year younger employees?

• Haha