Trinny Woodall and Trinny London products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ll agree to disagree. Time will tell.
I completely disagree with you, she's not different to any of the 17/18 year olds that I know.

We only see a sliver of their lives. I don't think she's babied and I bet Trinny wouldn't have it any other way anyway.

Yes but it’s not just her age it’s her behaviour and how she is babied. In my opinion. I don’t know any other as young 18 year olds as her. She’s more like 14/15.
I completely agree with you and thought this when I saw Trinny’s stories.

Essays about poster’s own lives tend to be boring on Tattle, but the 18 year olds I know have saved then travelled to the other side of the world alone or with friends, have studied abroad, moved out of home and fully supported themselves. They’ve problem solved, demonstrated independence and resilience, and no doubt eaten a lot of noodles.

Becoming sick is part of life and Trinny could have absolutely afforded an English speaking doctor to pay Lyla a visit at her accommodation in Tokyo, which most travelling 18 year olds wouldn’t be able to access. You know Lyla didn’t work and save for that trip so she doesn’t value the amazing travel she has the privilege to do.

Lyla is coddled and it’s doing her no favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So much more eloquently put than I managed to! Thank-you.

I hope Lyla is ok- and gets well soon btw.

I left home for uni at 18, lived abroad, travelled, etc and so many of my friends did too.

I also know 17/18 year old who go on gap years and really live their lives- keeping in touch with parents and know they’re there is really needed but they are capable of making decisions and mistakes.. which they learn from.

Essays about poster’s own lives tend to be boring on Tattle, but the 18 year olds I know have saved then travelled to the other side of the world alone or with friends, have studied abroad, moved out of home and fully supported themselves. They’ve problem solved, demonstrated independence and resilience, and no doubt eaten a lot of noodles.

Becoming sick is part of life and Trinny could have absolutely afforded an English speaking doctor to pay Lyla a visit at her accommodation in Tokyo. You know Lyla didn’t work and save for that trip so she doesn’t value the amazing travel she has the privilege to do.

[/QUOTE

Reactions: 3
If Lyla IS more dependent on Trinny, perhaps that's because of losing a dad so young. I know people will say that doesn't mean she should be like that but it must have been hard for Trinny not to overprotect her a bit. Walk in someone else's shoes and all that. Plus they are very privileged so it isn't a surprise she is a bit like that. She's only 18. Some people are more mature than others. My cousins always seemed younger than they were and they certainly weren't spoilt. Lyla will mature in time, one can hope.

Reactions: 6
Lyla won’t mature if she isn’t given opportunities to make mistakes and experience adversity then work out solutions on her own.

Trinny would no doubt have had Lyla attending London’s top child psychologist after the death of her father. Lyla should have some day to day coping skills at 18, but instead she’s totally enmeshed with Trinny.

I really adore Trinny’s content. I think she’s a genuinely good, caring person as well as whip smart and entertaining. Her business is an utter credit to her. But whenever Trinny shows Lyla, Lyla is being babied and over-indulged, including being spoken to like a toddler, and I think boring and disengage. It’s not the flex Trinny thinks it is.

Lyla turned 19 in October, too. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
If Lyla IS more dependent on Trinny, perhaps that's because of losing a dad so young. I know people will say that doesn't mean she should be like that but it must have been hard for Trinny not to overprotect her a bit. Walk in someone else's shoes and all that. Plus they are very privileged so it isn't a surprise she is a bit like that. She's only 18. Some people are more mature than others. My cousins always seemed younger than they were and they certainly weren't spoilt. Lyla will mature in time, one can hope.
Replying to own comment and asking what was wrong with Lyla as I didn't see the stories in time? If she was that ill how did she manage to fly long haul? Wouldn't she have been better getting a private doctor out there. The embassy would have been able to give Trinny info.

Reactions: 2

Becoming sick is part of life and Trinny could have absolutely afforded an English speaking doctor to pay Lyla a visit at her accommodation in Tokyo, which most travelling 18 year olds wouldn’t be able to access. You know Lyla didn’t work and save for that trip so she doesn’t value the amazing travel she has the privilege to do.

Everyone’s different though? People mature at different rates.

Everyone’s different though? People mature at different rates.
Or they don’t mature at all if they aren’t given opportunities to independently learn and practice life skills and coping skills. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Trinny didn’t mention what illness Lyla had, but no doubt everyone on the flight from Tokyo to London now has it too.

Reactions: 3
Shes adores her and theyre very close. She had trouble getting preg i think had her late. So what if shes babied. She will look after her no matter what you can tell Trinny is a warm loving kind person.I think its nice. Not everyone needs to be the same.

Ive had a wine.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think of all the big man-childs I’ve known - immature, over-indulged, babied, coddled, useless, lacking common sense and life skills men who run home to their mummy to solve all their problems - and I cannot think of any less appealing traits in a person.

I want my own children to be fully functioning, capable, responsible adults able to have equal relationships in the future. That isn’t mutually exclusive from having a close relationship with me and it’s not like I (or Trinny) will be around forever to babysit our adult children.

In any case, I’m glad you raised the topic, DeeVee, as I’ve increasingly found Lyla content to be a huge turn off and you’ve helped me clarify why.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hope the wine was lovely.

I adore my children and would go to the ends of the earth for them- we are very close and had problems getting pregnant too- embarking on fertility help, but I do think there is an issue with babying children of late teen age/young adult.
Over the years I’ve seen/met/encountered spoilt, babied, over indulged individuals and I’ve never met one that I thought I’d want to spend anytime with or for our children to either. I’ve never wanted to employ one either.

Shes adores her and theyre very close. She had trouble getting preg i think had her late. So what if shes babied. She will look after her no matter what you can tell Trinny is a warm loving kind person.I think it’s nice. Not everyone needs to be the same.

Ive had a wine.

Reactions: 1
Or they don’t mature at all if they aren’t given opportunities to independently learn and practice life skills and coping skills. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Trinny didn’t mention what illness Lyla had, but no doubt everyone on the flight from Tokyo to London now has it too.
My mother was very strict so I was pretty sheltered and academic in school. However, once I'd finished and was off to university I got a part time job to have some money for myself etc. One of the things I'm most grateful for is that when I started it and hated it, my Dad told me to persist and not just leave based on first impressions. To try to figure out the mean boss and find a way of working with her. I ended up staying there 4 years, only leaving when the schedule didn't suit study. That benefitted me later in my "proper" jobs too, which also often involved challenging personalities. Suppose there's a balance to be struck between being cared for and being encouraged to stand on your own two feet.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think of all the big man-childs I’ve known - immature, over-indulged, babied, coddled, useless, lacking common sense and life skills men who run home to their mummy to solve all their problems - and I cannot think of any less appealing traits in a person.

I want my own children to be fully functioning, capable, responsible adults able to have equal relationships in the future. That isn’t mutually exclusive from having a close relationship with me and it’s not like I (or Trinny) will be around forever to babysit our adult children.

In any case, I’m glad you raised the topic, DeeVee, as I’ve increasingly found Lyla content to be a huge turn off and you’ve helped me clarify why.
Oh agree. Men and their mothers.rank. when i was dating if a guy ever dropped the word "mum" into a sentence i would bolt straight out of there.

Yeah shes spoiled. So what though.

As there are some weird fetish-channels around collecting Trinny‘s underwear moments from the Closet confessions and compiling those snippets… do we think these men are, who she is referencing with „Good morning guys and girls“? Not one to slut shame, call myself a feminist, but still get weird bodychecking-vibes from her prancing around in knickers.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with her appearing in her underwear. It’s refreshing that an older woman has the confidence not to hide away. I don’t think she’s greeting the creeps. She has loads of male fans (there’s plenty on the Trinny Tribes.)

Reactions: 7
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with her appearing in her underwear. It’s refreshing that an older woman has the confidence not to hide away. I don’t think she’s greeting the creeps. She has loads of male fans (there’s plenty on the Trinny Tribes.)
Thing is, she doesn’t have the body of an elder woman. She has the body of a privileged, rich woman. With time and money for cosmetic surgery and other procedures, PTs, dieticians, you name it. So, what she does show is not her confidence at her age, she shows off her privilege.

Reactions: 11
I think Lyla manipulates her mum a bit. I guess every kid does, but I think she knows she can play the sympathy card a bit. She’s also pretty rude to her mum at times, which pisses me off. She’s not 16… time to grow out of that phase now.

I think Lyla manipulates her mum a bit. I guess every kid does, but I think she knows she can play the sympathy card a bit. She’s also pretty rude to her mum at times, which pisses me off. She’s not 16… time to grow out of that phase now.
Can imagine Trinny to be quite annoying often though…
Also, maybe Lyla is just a bit of a… rougher? Character. Not everyone‘s all smiley and lovey dovey.

Always thought Lyla was rude to her mother, have never seen an exchange between them were she doesn't have an attitude and Trinnys trying to diffuse it. Just my opinion on what I've seen.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.