Trinny Woodall and Trinny London products

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Btw, if anyone needs a laugh these two Trinny impressions get me everytime. Hope the links work.

They've both nailed Trinny's particular brand of fervent posh breathless. dressing.

Yes that's true. It's a lovely location, just off the King's Road. I grew up in London so spent many a Saturday around there. Fun to watch all the fashion.

I used to love Boden and still get endless catalogues and money off codes in the post but don't really shop there anymore - it is pricey as you say. Their stuff does last to be fair. I've got a bunch of Breton tops that lasted years.
True that, my Boden dresses lasted years and I still have quite a few of their Breton and plain tops in the wardrobe.

Fair dos then, I don’t give Zara a second glance as it won’t fit over my massive boobs 😆
Mine neither - not even if they stocked a XXXL - UK20? Actually the plus size 16-18 influencer Mollie Campsie has been buying XXLs in Zara as her way of apeing Miranda Djerf.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good lord… I just watched that video on Chloe’s instagram of her writhing around on her hotel bed. What. The. Hell. Did she partake in some Jazz Cabbage?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
On the YT-channel „Luxeria“ they quite harshly analyze old Trinny&Susannah episodes of their lookism, classism, their arrogant behaviour against women. Couldn’t sit through a whole video, because they are quite annoying, but somehow interesting.

On the YT-channel „Luxeria“ they quite harshly analyze old Trinny&Susannah episodes of their lookism, classism, their arrogant behaviour against women. Couldn’t sit through a whole video, because they are quite annoying, but somehow interesting.
Thank you for the heads up. WNTW was often really condescending and in the case of the young mum with VPL - downright humiliating. There's quite an interesting article about a 40 something woman who couldn't abide their makeover somewhere, I'll dig it out.

Thank you for the heads up. WNTW was often really condescending and in the case of the young mum with VPL - downright humiliating. There's quite an interesting article about a 40 something woman who couldn't abide their makeover somewhere, I'll dig it out.
It happened to me: I was bullied by Trinny and Susannah https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1185828/It-happened-I-bullied-Trinny-Susannah.html via https://android.com

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I think some of the criticism of Trinny & Susannah is a bit exaggerated. Pretty much all makeover shows from that time period now get criticised because "you're telling people their own ~creative, unique, individual~ fashion sense isn't good enough and trying to make them look identical!!!" I remember an article calling them homophobic because they supposedly only ever gave straight women makeovers, the author clearly thought all lesbians are stereotypical butches and was about as offensive as the show!

But T&S could be incredibly harsh: frequently commenting on things like "saggy tits" or "you're TOO OLD for that." There's a n episode that can be seen on YouTube where they make over a woman who was a housemistress at Eaton and keep complaining about her wearing short skirts/low-cut tops and repeatedly call her a "floozy" (slut). If I were her I'd have wanted to slap them!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think some of the criticism of Trinny & Susannah is a bit exaggerated. Pretty much all makeover shows from that time period now get criticised because "you're telling people their own ~creative, unique, individual~ fashion sense isn't good enough and trying to make them look identical!!!" I remember an article calling them homophobic because they supposedly only ever gave straight women makeovers, the author clearly thought all lesbians are stereotypical butches and was about as offensive as the show!

But T&S could be incredibly harsh: frequently commenting on things like "saggy tits" or "you're TOO OLD for that." There's a n episode that can be seen on YouTube where they make over a woman who was a housemistress at Eaton and keep complaining about her wearing short skirts/low-cut tops and repeatedly call her a "floozy" (slut). If I were her I'd have wanted to slap them!
Also, wasn’t that somehow the concept of the show and the reason for people to watch it? The whole TV-landscape simply has changed since then as well. See casting shows, who are nowadays (at least in my country) a bit more aware and … woke.
Even Trinny herself has changed drastically.

But still. Critique is also fair enough and creates awareness of the topic, which I support.

Reactions: 8
Also, wasn’t that somehow the concept of the show and the reason for people to watch it? The TV-landscape simply has changed since then as well. See casting shows, who are nowadays (at least in my country) a bit more aware and … woke.
Yeah, basically. I think Snog, Marry, Avoid? was very similar, they were very much of the time period and didn't really exist in the same context as we have now

It was the X factor age, we pointed and laughed at others. I loved the show, it was mostly women who hadn't updated their look in 10/20 years. I was a hip Young thing back then and knew women who still had the 80s hairstyle and everything else.
In my opinion the show that followed on ch 4 was way worse, 10 years younger (?) They actually put women under the knife for entertainment.
Don't think that would wash today but then we have social media heaping the pressure on women now.

Reactions: 14
It was the X factor age, we pointed and laughed at others. I loved the show, it was mostly women who hadn't updated their look in 10/20 years. I was a hip Young thing back then and knew women who still had the 80s hairstyle and everything else.
In my opinion the show that followed on ch 4 was way worse, 10 years younger (?) They actually put women under the knife for entertainment.
Don't think that would wash today but then we have social media heaping the pressure on women now.
Truth. It wouldn't be received well now, but they never actually tried to change the women, just the outfits. They never suggested anyone lose weight, lift the saggy tits or whatever. Just like - don't cover your small waist, throw some colour on, own what you have.

Reactions: 9
Yes, exactly! Trinny is obviously making good money but puts on this weird act of having to be really careful with money, it comes across as not very genuine.
I think she is careful with money, she's spoken before about having to sell a lot of her stuff to fund her business, she had investors to help her get started and I think she has been "shrewd" with her money since then.

Buying and showing off new things is kind of part of the offering of her channel so I can see that she has to keep adding to it to appease her followers. Although I think she's quite honest with what she buys and keeps and what she sends back and she regularly pulls out trusty old pieces she's had for many years!

Reactions: 9
I think she is careful with money, she's spoken before about having to sell a lot of her stuff to fund her business, she had investors to help her get started and I think she has been "shrewd" with her money since then.

Buying and showing off new things is kind of part of the offering of her channel so I can see that she has to keep adding to it to appease her followers. Although I think she's quite honest with what she buys and keeps and what she sends back and she regularly pulls out trusty old pieces she's had for many years!
She basically got rid of zara and similar branda stuff which won’t generate much money and won’t have any impact on her business.

Reactions: 2
No, on Chloe’s instagram.
Thank you 😊 - I'll check it out.

You're nor kidding about them being annoying - I had to turn off after 5 minutes, which is a shame.

Sorry if this has already been covered - I really like the BFF cream but find it pricey for how much you actually get, has anyone used any si llar products/dupes?
I've been a big fan of BFF for about 4-5 years now but at £39 it's too expensive for me now.

I recently bought the No7 tinted skin perfector, it's new and part of the hydraluminous range. It's tinted when it comes out but it gives a very similar effect to the BFF. It's only £14.50 in comparison but No7 always have deals. I managed to get 3 products for £14 total the other day including the skin perfector, was cheaper for 3 products with the deals and a voucher than it was to buy it alone!

Reactions: 12
I've been a big fan of BFF for about 4-5 years now but at £39 it's too expensive for me now.

I recently bought the No7 tinted skin perfector, it's new and part of the hydraluminous range. It's tinted when it comes out but it gives a very similar effect to the BFF. It's only £14.50 in comparison but No7 always have deals. I managed to get 3 products for £14 total the other day including the skin perfector, was cheaper for 3 products with the deals and a voucher than it was to buy it alone!
Brilliant, thanks for this, I'll check it out. Nothing better than getting a good deal like that!

:) I use a lot of No.7 products such as foundation, primer and blusher. They're very good.

Ummmm, is it just me or are Lucy and Trinny quite passive aggressive in the latest Closet Confessions? The comment about Lucy‘s broad shoulders? The comment about Molly and Jemima dressing cool effortlessly because of still being in their 20s? (Also some moments from Lucy‘s side as well.)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.