Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I’ve seen two plot holes already…

If they have intel it’s a bomb situation, why are the armed police charging on in running around the flat when there’s pressure pads on the floor?
secondly, you’d think a bomb expert would know better than to go round flicking random light switches 🥴🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Misssj80

VIP Member
I love Vicky McClure. So will keep watching even if crap. Also wish it wasn't ITV, adverts are annoying. My ex is bomb disposal(army) glad he isn't watching with me as he takes the enjoyment out of these programmes pointing out all the things they are doing wrong 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Think they are trying too hard to make Vicky McClure's character some kind of freewheeling maverick, she put shades on twice in the opening thirty seconds :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Geranium

VIP Member
I’ve seen two plot holes already…

If they have intel it’s a bomb situation, why are the armed police charging on in running around the flat when there’s pressure pads on the floor?
secondly, you’d think a bomb expert would know better than to go round flicking random light switches 🥴🤦🏻‍♀️
Are you my husband? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
It was shit. Kate Fleming would never make a tit of herself and try switch the light on like that.

And the banter, was even more awkward than some of the Kate and Steve "mate" we don't actually love each other banter.

And honestly, the ending was so predictable.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

nbt

VIP Member
I'd already seen a spoiler for what happens at the end of the episode but enjoyed it (mainly because I love Vicky McClure)

Getting sick of shows killing off who you think are going to be main characters like how they killed off Steve in Vigil 😭
I love how he’s still Steve, no matter what he’s in 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Vicky McClure can't act. She just reads the lines out flatly, and seems to have one facial expression to convey any emotion, eyes slightly bulged out. 😐
She can act if she's given a decent script. This is a tedious load of cliched situations and dialogue; a complete waste of her talent.

The Big One

Chatty Member
Well, I enjoyed it ! I was wondering how they were going to kill him, without him releasing his thumb.

However, he said he put the suicide belt on after he passed through security. Therefore it must have been hidden somewhere on the premises. The police (or EXPO) were supposed to have done a thorough search of the premises ... not thorough enough, methinks !

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
Really surprised there wasn’t a thread for this?!

Anyone watching?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

nbt

VIP Member
That made me jump and I knew it was coming 😂 his arm!! 😬

Looking forward to next Sunday, it really picked up at the end.

atomic

This show is so woke.

1.3% of the British Police are black or Asian yet in this show it’s almost every officer. It’s a box-ticking exercise as most of them cannot act. The storyline is ridiculous and I cannot stand the female lead.

Why is Jed Mercurio et al. pushing the false narrative the UK has high far-right extremism and Muslims are innocent victims?
I don’t think it’s woke at all to suggest that there is a lot of dangerous far right rhetoric and extreme views in the U.K right now and I also don’t think it’s particularly unrealistic to suggest that something like they are portraying in this show could sadly be where we are heading.

I personally like seeing more BAME people in lead roles in big dramas such as this - I have no idea whether it reflects the true picture of the police, but it certainly reflects the diverse population of the U.K; in this day and age everyone should be able to see someone like them on screen in every show on television, and IMO they’re all playing their roles brilliantly.

• Heart

Bestie_10

Vicky McClure can't act. She just reads the lines out flatly, and seems to have one facial expression to convey any emotion, eyes slightly bulged out. 😐
Rubbish. The script is not challenging for her.

Vicky’s next show (which she has co-produced) is 100% different to Line of Duty and Trigger Point and she’s reuniting with her This is England co-star Johnny Harris who is a fantastic actor. Yes please to more Shane Meadow’s-style method acting.

Last edited: