Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I run a podcast so I’ve seen E4 of Trigger Point. I won’t give any spoilers but what I will say is there’s an obvious change of director. In a happy turn of events I found out it’s Jennie Darnell who directed Line of Duty 6. The camerawork is far less shakey too. It’s the first time I’ve noticed the fantastic score from Chris Roe which sets the tone for the episode perfectly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Rather underwhelming so far. Predictable and underwritten. How are we meant to care about characters we know nothing about?
But I'll give it another chance!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

JeIIyBean080

Well now… I’ve watched episode 5 on press preview this morning and it’s my favourite episode thus far.

Jennie Darnell is a fantastic director and they should’ve fired the Year 11 on work experience earlier. The wobbly camerawork is gone. All I’ll say it’s got action, plot and character development. There’s a great sequence in the middle with a clever transition that increases the tension. It was fab IMO but now I want to see the last one! 😭

4 episodes in and you’d think the ‘haters’ would have stopped watching by now but nope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

nbt

VIP Member
Me too 😍

I’m liking it so far. Wish it wasn’t on ITV though because adverts.

SaLou

VIP Member
I enjoyed it. Yes there's lots of unbelievable bits but it's entertaining. Seems better than the first series so far.

SunshineRae

VIP Member
I’m sticking with this as I’ve wasted so much time on it already, but honestly, it’s verryyyy slow. It could have been condensed into about four episodes and I have an awful feeling it might end on a cliff hanger, for a Season 2.

Thought that was pretty disappointing in truth. Just fizzled out, the lass playing the Labour politician also couldn't act to saver her life. The dialogue was woeful at times, how many times did she call her brother by his name in that one scene in episode 2 or 3?!

"This place is a tip Billy"

"Who have you been hanging around with Billy"

"What have you done Billy"

"Billy....."

ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH!:oops:

• Haha

Dawn Dayn

VIP Member
Vicky McClure can't act. She just reads the lines out flatly, and seems to have one facial expression to convey any emotion, eyes slightly bulged out. 😐

Hurrah54

VIP Member
Yeah I can't be bothered to watch anymore.
It just seem to be relying on the suspence of a possible bomb going off to make a show rather than creating a storyline and building up the characters.

Every time Vicky M is in anything associated with Mercurio she plays the same character and it's getting old. Can't even give her a new term of endearment, it has to be mate again. It's similar with Martin C, yet they all trumpet Mercurio as the worlds greatest genius and their roles as the best ever. She can do better, she's a brill actress but does make her come across as a one trick pony if you've only seen her in these.

Reactions: 5
I’ve re-watched episodes 1 - 5 in preparation and I really think it’s going to be Karl. He keeps telling Lana that he’s been in the gutter and understands how she feels to lose people she cares about. He’s a mechanic and many of the bombs involve a car or van.

The election has been referred to since the first episode so I suspect this will end up
similar to the part in Bodyguard where the ex-army man tried to assassinate Julia Montague as revenge for her actions during the war

There is right wing terrorism but I hope there’s something deeper than it being a hate war against Muslim, black and LGBT people.

John is too obvious to be the villain. It could all be a big misunderstanding and he could be tied up somewhere.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Last edited:

petitspois

VIP Member
I'm two thirds of the way through season 2 and does anyone in Expo other than Lana ever diffuse a bomb? it's always her. That Danny guy hasn't been out from behind the car yet. I suspect he's a goner as he's getting married soon.

atomic

I haven’t seen last night’s ep yet but there seems to have been a lot of buzz on social media about it so I am looking forward to catching up tonight. Glad to hear it just gets even better @JellyBean080!

On another (much shallower) note, I can’t get over how much of a crush I have on Vicky McClure in this. I thought I had it bad for Kate Fleming!!!

• Heart