Topshop Nostalgia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really rate the high street for jeans, especially H&M, Zara (surprisingly) and (keeping it OT) Topshop. I’ve been a slave to designer denim in the past but I don’t think there’s any need to buy expensive denim these days as the high street does it so well. I think the key is to try a multitude of cuts and sizes until you find what works for you.

Reactions: 2
I’m too small and big arsed for Zara and H&M, nothing in Zara has ever fitted apart from shoes (they seem to cut for wide flat builds past size 10 which is not me). H&M occasionally turn up good jeans for my small but long legged teenager though. I have a really good pair from M&S but I think they were a random misshape as I’ve not felt anything nice enough to try on since! They were all thin and cardboardy :(

Reactions: 3
The charging for returns policy is extremely frustrating as I know companies are doing it to stop mass returns, but the quality of the high street is so shocking at the moment that you almost always have to buy multiple sizes of the same thing, or return due to the shockingly bad quality, it’s as if we’re getting punished due to the companies decline in quality !
I expect most companies will be doing this within the next year or so now the precedent has been set. Yes there are some serial returners out there but surely they’re just squeezing the consumer even more. Pees me off lol. Especially when some lower end retailers have the nerve to be charging £40+ for a poorly made polyester dress.
AllSaints have this "too many returns" policy, the cheek of it when their quality control is getting worse.

I made a series of orders and returns last summer where every single item had a quality issue -- dresses arrived stinking of perfume or stained, some had holes in them, and a coat arrived covered in pet hair. I emailed them with a formal complaint so that if my returns set off any alarms they know in advance what the issue is. I think it was around 5 orders all placed and returned over the period of 1 month.

Style-wise AllSaints is my go-to. Shoes and leathers are still great. Knitwear is awful -- I sold all my cashmere jumpers from them because the pilling was insane. Now, I look at the item in store before ordering online. There's a nice cardigan in the shop now (white with hearts) but the ones they had in store had already started pilling! Their prices are pretty absurd at this point. There's a polyester made-in-China blazer they were selling for around £300 & is now on sale and still fully stocked. Madness.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
love this channel and he's done one on Topshop. very interesting

Reactions: 5
Can anyone tell me why NeverFullyDressed have such peak notions about their clothing?

They charge like 120€ for a shirt? Or 185€ for a dress?
wtf? They look like ASOS or Zara quality?

I do love the dark haired girl styling their socials
she would see me clothes
love her style
more than the models 🫢 wonder does she have an insta?

Reactions: 4
Hello peops. I need some clothes advice- what can I wear on my bottom half that isn’t skinny jeans? I have wide hips and a big butt but skinny legs.

Reactions: 1
Have you tried straight leg jeans? River Island have some nice ones...used to love the Molly skinnies but feel they are a bit unfashionable now

Have you tried straight leg jeans? River Island have some nice ones...used to love the Molly skinnies but feel they are a bit unfashionable now
Mollys were a great Jean! Good bit of stretch they were my go to Jean for a good 5-8 years of my life or more?

Hello peops. I need some clothes advice- what can I wear on my bottom half that isn’t skinny jeans? I have wide hips and a big butt but skinny legs.
Outfit ideas:

Midi shirtdress + knee boots
Flared skirt + jumper + knee boots
Chemise midi dress + jumper on top + ankle boots

• Heart
Eee! I found a Topshop jacket that I used to own in the noughties on Vinted and it's just arrived, in fantastic condition and beautiful. It maybe wasn't worn much by the seller, but is in excellent condition for being from that long ago, it speaks to the higher quality that they used to have. I'm so happy to have found it! Takes me right back 🥰

I wish I'd kept more of my clothes from back then, everything was so much nicer than these days. I hardly like anything that's out now.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Eee! I found a Topshop jacket that I used to own in the noughties on Vinted and it's just arrived, in fantastic condition and beautiful. It maybe wasn't worn much by the seller, but is in excellent condition for being from that long ago, it speaks to the higher quality that they used to have. I'm so happy to have found it! Takes me right back 🥰

I wish I'd kept more of my clothes from back then, everything was so much nicer than these days. I hardly like anything that's out now.
The high street is so boring now. We didn't know how lucky we were in the noughties. Better choice and quality on the high street. I've no interest in PYT, boohoo and that crap

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The high street is so boring now. We didn't know how lucky we were in the noughties. Better choice and quality on the high street. I've no interest in PYT, boohoo and that crap
It's a shame that Boohoo is masquerading as Debenhmas now.

Social media has really enabled fast fashion and shite like PYT and Boohoo. Wear an outfit once on a night out post it on Instagram. Outfit is never worn again.

Reactions: 11
It's a shame that Boohoo is masquerading as Debenhmas now.

Social media has really enabled fast fashion and shite like PYT and Boohoo. Wear an outfit once on a night out post it on Instagram. Outfit is never worn again.
A day out shopping and lunching on the high street used to be a pleasure for me, no more. There is so little quality left.

Reactions: 9