Top Boy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When did she name the baby Jaq? I missed that bit.
When she was running the (dreaded) bath. The baby was crying and she picked him up and was cuddling him and then said “Jack…that’s what we’ll call you after the best Aunty in the world” 😭😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
When she was running the (dreaded) bath. The baby was crying and she picked him up and was cuddling him and then said “Jack…that’s what we’ll call you after the best Aunty in the world” 😭😭😭
Aww. Poor Delroy - he'll never know 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I liked how they explored the social issues that drugs cause like the addict and her neglected baby.
I liked the social issues aspect in the early seasons too especially when Sully was dealing drugs to the family with a boy of about 10? The boy was being badly treated by his mother and stepfather and he basically adopted the kid. The parents, because they were abusive drug addicts themselves, just let a known violent drug dealer take their vulnerable child. He died in the window a couple of seasons later.
Anyone with safeguarding training can see that Sully groomed the boy into becoming a drug dealer himself. The grooming storyline was very clear… identify a vulnerable child with parents that are not active in his life, shower him (and often the parents) with gifts, make him feel special when he has never felt important before, ask him to deal drugs or whatever you want the person to do for you….

Reactions: 5
That's what I like about Top Boy it doesn't galmourise it at all , it's like Jaq seemed to care for that baby but she didn't do anything about it and it took her sister to die for it to hit home about how drugs ruin lives. None of them lived particularly exciting lifestyles even with all the money they made their days were mainly spent figuring where the next big deal was coming from or fighting/killing rivals which will be the reality of it.
I would hope the show comes as a warning to some young people and make them think twice about their life choices

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've always thought both Kano and Ashley Walters were almost on par with each other in terms of acting, but I found Ashley quite weak this series. Not sure if it was because Dushane's storyline was really clumsy and I agree his chemistry with Shelley was absolutely non-existent. There was a lawyer in the 2nd series of Top Boy Summerhouse that he had soooooooo much more chemistry with.

It defo wasn't the best series and had lots of holes and pointless bits but I still really enjoyed it and absolutely loved the ending. I agree it's not really important who killed Sully, there's so many people who had the motive. The message is about the inevitable consequences of living that life.
Agree that DuShane was a little lost this season. Love the Shelley actor but agree the chemistry with the lawyer brought out Ashley’s acting and was more enjoyable to watch.

I think some of the actors perhaps didn’t want to return because what happened to Tia?
I actually liked that Tia just vanished with no explanation unless I have forgotten something. Children from backgrounds like Tia’s often vanish as they get moved from their home during school hours with no warning. We have social media now but even in the 90s you would never see your neighbours again if this happened. They just got pulled out of lessons and you sometimes never saw them again.

Agree that DuShane was a little lost this season. Love the Shelley actor but agree the chemistry with the lawyer brought out Ashley’s acting and was more enjoyable to watch.

I actually liked that Tia just vanished with no explanation unless I have forgotten something. Children from backgrounds like Tia’s often vanish as they get moved from their home during school hours with no warning. We have social media now but even in the 90s you would never see your neighbours again if this happened. They just got pulled out of lessons and you sometimes never saw them again.
Yeh that’s true there was a lot of that when I was younger but it’s a TV series we’re not really supposed to just assume things (unless it’s who shot Sully) maybe if they had discussed it even in passing then it would have suitably highlighted such an issue and made sense. After the ending I fully expected her to be part of the new series but she was replaced with Erin.

I really liked Tia. She reminded me of a girl I used to hang round with when I was younger. She was also neglected. We had a similar dynamic to Steph and Tia. I think I was one of the few that really saw the good in her. But she was constantly going missing. So, I too wasn't surprised about Tia not being featured in this series. Also, when your that age friendship groups change so often.

Reactions: 2
Trailers out for Kanes new movie airs Jan 19th visuals look good

Reactions: 3