Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
Im glad im not the only one who thinks this way 😂

It’s a private relationship - that the pair of them have/are/did (who knows?) kept private probably more to stop stalkers and minimising gossiping on a tumblr site 😂
To be honest, if this thread was about me and I was reading things on here that people somehow had found out about me, I'd be keeping my relationships private too!
Years ago, didnt his fans think he was gay and having an affair with his PR? 'Commitment phobe'seems to be the new Gay at the moment!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Damita

I don't think it's a new thing. I remember seeing an interview with the 80's band Bros a couple of years ago and the things they had to put up with was horrendous. People constantly camped outside their Mum's house and even trying to break in. It's maybe just a bit more publicised now.
I think the viciousness is much worse when it comes to people hating on the partners of the objects of their desire. I used to be in the Supernatural fandom a very long time ago and the bile directed at the wives of the leads of that show was of the likes I'd never seen before.

I'd be wanting 24/7 security if I had "fans" like that.

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
The Royal Society of Literature had an open call for nominations for their fellowship this year and they said they wanted to specifically have 60 new fellows 'from communities under-represented in UK literature.' She hasn't published much apart from Character Breakdown, won a poetry slam title in 2000 and then was a writer in residence in Manchester for a while. She's written a few plays that have been shortlisted for awards also.

His family are part of the aristocratic Vestey family through his grandfather and his sisters went to Downe House and the Dragon School which Tom also went to, and his younger sister also married into aristocracy. Crazy that you had that experience, it must have been so weird and jarring. I remember walking past a hotel in Mayfair with a gigantic crowd of girls that had been camping there and when I asked what the deal was they told me Taylor Swift was staying there. They were running from the main door to the catering entrance to try and catch a glimpse of her, it was crazy.
He has had a very privileged life.
The Taylor thing was bizarre and yes absolutely jarring in the location we were in. After the day with his Mum, it was said that they got a helicopter down the coast to see Lionel Richie in concert - possibly in Colchester? They were basically doing a massive 'we are in love look at us' tour.

Now I have a tween daughter I am not sure I would want her desperately camped outside someone's house trying to catch a glimpse in floods of tears.

Annabanana40

Chatty Member
My husband was watching a Thor movie the other night and all I could think of was MM saying he was passive! 🤣

• Haha

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I remember when Tom was going out with Taylor because when I was working in a clothes shop part time in a sleepy seaside town, Tom brought Taylor back to meet his mother who lives there. You have never seen anything like it in your life. This place has a lot of wealthy people with second homes and who come on holiday but it NEVER has paparazzi. There were hordes of people at the end of the private street where his mother lives and paparazzi on the beach photographing Taylor, Tom and his mum walking along. The whole town was abuzz. We always parked our cars just down from where his mum lived, so when I left for the day I could see the photographers who were not allowed any further than the entrance to the private road and there were crying little/teenage girls wanting to meet Taylor. Actually it was all quite stressful and weird having that mix of young girls and then jaded men with huge cameras. Side note, his Mum has a gorgeous house overlooking the sea. Obvs they are loaded as Tom went to Eton.

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
I think is a thing that is still very much engraved in people's mind that the course of life is pretty much that. Get married, procreate. I still get look at funny or with astonishment since I am well in my 30s, never been married and I don't have (human) kids.
If you have boomer parents, which I do, they pretty much expect that from you after, of course, getting a degree.
Though society is changing and becoming more accepting, some others STILL find it shocking if you say that you don't want to get married or have kids.
Like that means you have no clear path or immature.

chelseadagger

He was on radio 2 talking about it as well, and he sounded really enthusiastic. He thanked the fans for campaigning to have Loki brought back from the dead!
I think fans expect all celebs to serve their lives up to them, because so many of them do it. Especially reality TV stars and the like. You know so much about them, its almost as if there's something wrong when someone just says 'No, I'm not going to talk about my private life'. Its the ones with little else to sell apart from their private lives, who want to be famous for being famous rather than fame being incidental to their actual job who are putting as much as they can out there by talking endlessly about their private lives or leaking stories to the press.
The ones who just are happy to do the core work and interviews about their work are the ones in the main with the talent and confidence to sustain real long term careers and don't feel the need to desperately court fame all the time.
Also, Jamie Dornan! Why??!!
I feel so sad for Jamie Dornan, I loved him in The Fall and he should be getting so much better work. I can't name one thing he's done of note since Fifty Shades, it's clear how much he hated it and his discomfort every time he promoted it with Dakota Johnson.

In this press tour Tom's done GQ, Radio 1, Radio 2, Buzzfeed, Vanity Fair, Jimmy Kimmel, MTV, Collider, Variety, Good Morning America and countless other geek-related podcast/interview things. Owen Wilson and Gugu Mbatha-Raw have also been promoting the show but not like he has so I don't understand the audacity of his fans to accuse Marvel of somehow glossing over Loki. I feel like whatever he does, it's not enough for them. I think he regretted talking about his house in Hampstead in previous interviews and he's refrained from giving out those personal details, not just about his love life but about anything. Still people scrutinise literally everything which is how they figured out he and Zawe had the same wall behind them in interviews and how she hung the Archipelago picture behind her to intentionally send a message that she was living with and dating Tom. It's all just such a crazy business.

Social media has also given people far more expectation from celebrities than before. Even celebs who are known for acting/singing share more of their lives on social media now so people expect that from others too and the ones who don't want to do it are branded uncooperative or just have to run the risk of not having that much of a public profile as their more online counterparts. They don't seem to get it when actors say that their work should speak for itself and knowing too much about an actor's private life can interfere with how you perceive their work, as well as the fact that the two have entirely no relation at all. You don't need to know about an actor's private life to enjoy his performance. But I think that there's recently been an increase in people wanting to know more private things about their idols and celebs than before because they want to know if their socio-political views align with them, whether they've done or believe things that are abhorrent and then the fans can make a choice about whether they want to give them their coin. Celebs run the risk of being branded problematic (rightly so in many cases) if they make too many comments about their private life and beliefs and if they don't talk about them then people feel like they have something to hide.

I respect Tom for being a bit more closed off now and not letting much slip, I feel like he'll be happier in his personal life that way. Before he would get annoyed and when his fans said 'I love you' and 'you're perfect' at the stage door when he was doing Coriolanus he responded with 'no, you don't, you don't even know me' and 'I'm not, you don't know me' and was clearly 'upset' by their behaviour. I'm glad he's not engaging with people on that level anymore and that he's just trying to stay out of it and not get so stressed by it.

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
Zawe gets a lot of hate.
I saw that and my heart goes to her. Like you have to get a very thick skin in order to not allow whatever these idiots say, get you.
What that fan did is utterly unacceptable. A lousy example of a human

Last edited:

Ice9

I wrote a whole thing on this but deleted it bc I felt like I was being creepy talking about how huge it can be to some women (like myself) to have kids.
My husband is 41 and feels like he still has 4 years where he can become a dad and it'll work out. I'm 34 and absolutely terrified I somehow won't have kids soon enough. I think about it every day (we have fertility problems and are about to do ivf).

The pressure is huge. If my husband suddenly decided he didn't want kids I'd divorce him. It really is a huge deal and it is very different for some men I think.

• Heart

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
This makes me think about that video where Tom comes unannounced on stage at some convention next to an Asian young lady, and she loses it, starts screaming and crying and can't even look at him. On that video he seems so uncomfortable with such display of "admiration"...
It must be absolutely scary to have a human being facing you reacting like that. I know I would want to run far, far away.
I am pretty sure he would have loved to do so, but as a well brought up actor, he stayed and did his duty! 😅
I never understood that!! Truly, maybe I'm an alien or something but I distinctly remember being in my teens and being a SuPeR fAn of a boyband and did all the shenanigans that teenyboppers did back in the late 90s early 2000s.
I've went to as many concerts as I could, if my parents allowed me, I'd go and camp outside the hotel where they would be staying during the day and all that jazz....never have I ever cried or felt the need to scream at them whenever I saw them coming out of the window to wave at us or while they were signing autographs outside of the concert venue.
I would never understand the need to proclaim your love for someone from the rooftops and from the top of your lungs like that. After all, it's their job, it's what they love doing but it is their chosen profession!
I put myself in their shoes and I cannot fathom what goes through their brain when they get such an over the top token of appreciation!
Imagine if you, as an ordinary person like me, get a praise like that just by doing your work, you know, the one that you get paid for. YIKES!

chelseadagger

OMG what is wrong with these people??!
His fans have always been quite feral, a lot like Benedict Cumberbatch's fans back in the day. But he seems to be able to go around Hampstead with his kids and Sophie and do whatever he wants without being bothered - I think Tom is just really traumatised by what happened with Taylor.

Reactions: 5

yupps

Chatty Member
I think it's unfair and quite dangerous to ask for any clue on somebody's SM, when this person is out of the entertainment business. She should be left out of this.
I just wanted to be sure that we are talking about the same account. That’s why I just asked for the initials. I wouldn’t mentioned her full account name. She is saying that Amy doesn’t follow Tom on his private Instagram, but does on his public one. Her account name is not obvious, so I just wanted to be sure we are talking about the same account. Of course she needn’t respond if she doesn’t want to.

I’ve rethought it and apologize- don’t send any clue as to her account name. Shouldn’t have asked. Sorry

Last edited:

chelseadagger

Tumblr is a weird place. I have love / hate relationship with that site. I have my blog there since it's inception however I can't say I ever came across with the type of fans that belong as FBI agents. Maybe I never paid much attention to the niches.
There was a fan recently on Tumblr who said they'd doxxed Tom to 100 of their followers and were planning on going to his house to 'make him regret shooting this show' because they were unhappy with what they saw as queerbaiting and Sylki. People are truly that insane.

• Wow
  • Angry

carefulnow

I would really doubt that. Charlie is happily married and just had a second child with his wife. She attended a lot of the Betrayal events. Zawe is usually very touchy-feely with her coworkers. In fact the fact that she was not that way with Tom made a lot of folks suspicious that she was actively trying to avoid rumors.
Delurking to agree - hard to have a 'secret' affair if your partner is with you!

Perhaps the Tumblr user is confusing the play with reality? ;)

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
Honestly a lot of this thread is laughable. I guess we've got a few of tom and zawes friends in here judging from how well they know their relationship. How can you give hot takes on them not lasting or her being into him more than he is into her when we don't even know the? I know its a gossip website but...

Tom is always very flirty and friendly with female costars - who he hasn't dated or their relationship didn't last long. Couldn't the fact that he wasn't like that with zawe so much indicate that maybe they are actually dating. Also zawe has said before that touch is her love language. Idk but a lot of the interviews people base this whole thing of "him not being as into her," are work interviews where they were promoting a play, what do you think they would be making out lmao
Exactly. A lot of the time when celebs show off their relationship and go all touchy feely on the red carpet, it's fake and done for publicity. If a celeb couple are private about their relationship it's more likely to be real imo because they are getting no publicity out of it.