Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I sat and read some of it in the early hours when I couldn’t sleep, that’s mainly when I come here, sorry :) and anything controversial I love it :)
Iam no expert in the art of spotting deception but from the little I know if there is a ounce of truth in anything that person wrote I’d be very surprised

Reactions: 8

Kouignamann

What’s Amy’s account name? You don’t have to give it all - just the initials
I think it's unfair and quite dangerous to ask for any clue on somebody's SM, when this person is out of the entertainment business. She should be left out of this.

Reactions: 8

Skinnylike

Oh it was definitely a case of her going after him! Obviously I do not know them and wish them all the best but I've listened to podcasts with her and there is a couple of things she says that make me think she was the one who wanted the relationship to happen. I might be reading to much into this but in one interview (during the run of Betrayal) she mentions a song she was listening to a lot and the feeling of "really wishing someone was your boyfriend". There are also some other little details in her interviews etc. Of course the feeling has to be mutual, but somehow I do not get this "the seem like a great couple" vibe. She comes across as someone who is very hectic and all over the place. Between the lines there is actually quite a lot you can learn about her and her personality, she talks about being on the verge of quitting acting, being in therapy, having too close relationship with her mum etc. She also seems to have a lot of shallow relationships in the industry and trying to be friends with everyone. I'm sure she also has a ton of wonderful qualities and seems to be doing very well in her career.

Not being rude and not saying you are one of them but the things you have said remind me of what his possessive fans have said about her.
They do this anytime he gets a girlfriend, they try to make it out like she's some blood sucking worm who is pursuing a relationship with him while he doesn't want it/he's too good for her.

Zawe is a very intelligent woman, who just seems to be more open about her feelings. I don't understand how people come to the conclusion that "she's way more into the relationship than him" when again we have hardly seen them together, we haven't even seen them interact romantically.

Again not saying you are meaning to come across like this but these are the sorts of things his fans bring up to justify why he's too good or to discredit women

Reactions: 7

Vanillaco

VIP Member
So here’s my opinion for all its worth
It’s human nature to question what we are told and it’s human nature to find holes in stories and question those and how we are answered to what we then believe, And whether the story teller is being truthful or deceptive
think to when we catch a politician out
When this poster was questioned in a way that dug further they where met with normally hostile reply’s or belittling that there celeb crush wasn’t what they thought
Only if the questions benefited the narrative do they ReSpond
The stories where in general so far fetched that the everyday person could not question there truth you had to be in the know to know
And let’s face it those in though know are not on tattle
It’s normal I guess to want to be closer to the celebs on the tv through one person even if that’s a forum on the internet than the reality of being 5/6 connections away from them and their world but I don’t think The hunger for Wanting to believe fantasy stories is the way To connect with them and the way forward

always question the stories your told and if your met with childish and hostile reply’s don’t believe a word of it
Facts and truth creates a calm story teller
Not a defensive one :)
You are right, and I dont think people really cared whether it was true or not. Why would we? We arent Tom's friends or family. Even his most devoted fans dont know what hes like, just what he and his PR want us to know, just like all celebs. People giggling about some anonymous silly stories about a celeb is far less concerning I think than 'stan' culture, where people refuse to believe anything bad about their favourite celeb because they think they know them and then start abusing people who dont follow their narrative. It allows celebrities to get away with dodgy behaviour because they have blindly loyal fans who will support them no matter what and in some rare cases, exploit them like Armie Hammer. Most gossip and Blinds are complete fantasy anyway. Once she left, we were left with boring gossip about ITV presenters and reality TV stars!

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Why was she chased away?
People got mad the celebrity gossip was so Tom-centric. Kept telling her she was lying and to stop with the Tom chat. Chased her off and went down a rabbit hole of gossip about soap stars, the royals and ITV presenters instead.

chelseadagger

Ewan McGregor has just had a baby with his girlfriend, so it is possible to keep pregnancy totally secret, even if you are mega famous.
But arguably Ewan doesn't have the same rabid fans Tom has. Just last week one of his fans figured out where he lived, doxxed him and went there to try and find him and in the past one of them threatened his mother too. I feel like he's overwhelmed by the attention from both the media and fans and if he and Zawe do commit to each other I don't think he'd be in a hurry to make it public. He has said before that he wants to find a way to be private but not hide, but I think things have changed since then and he's realised that he can't have both. You bet if Zawe is seen out and about in London with a bump all hell will break loose.

• Wow

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
But arguably Ewan doesn't have the same rabid fans Tom has. Just last week one of his fans figured out where he lived, doxxed him and went there to try and find him and in the past one of them threatened his mother too. I feel like he's overwhelmed by the attention from both the media and fans and if he and Zawe do commit to each other I don't think he'd be in a hurry to make it public. He has said before that he wants to find a way to be private but not hide, but I think things have changed since then and he's realised that he can't have both. You bet if Zawe is seen out and about in London with a bump all hell will break loose.
OMG what is wrong with these people??!

chelseadagger

I was saying earlier on another thread how shocking it was to read about BC's fans and all the nasty stuff they were doing. I hadn't heard of any of this previously and it really was frightening to think of the lengths they would go to (including saying his wife/kids are PR stunts and literally stalking him). I would never want to be famous when you have loons who can live tweet your movements and doxx you. Terrifying. I was unaware that Tom's fans were the same way because I have always heard the MCU fans were really respectful, albeit really serious about the movies and comic con. I didn't know they were feral. Sheesh.

I have to ask a stupid question because I see it all over the thread but I don't quite get this- what was the issue with Tom and Taylor. Google tells me they dated briefly, but everyone here talks about it being the thing that stalled his career/was traumatic. What's the big deal with them having dated and why has it traumatized him?
I think it was just cringey/embarrassing. He was a serious Shakespearean actor who wanted to do drama (as well as Loki) and all of a sudden he was in a relationship with someone like Taylor who everyone thought writes songs for teenagers and it just didn't match his serious image. They were far too public with their publicity stunt, the pictures were so staged and he even got his mother, sister and niece involved in it, he invited paps to all corners of the world to take pictures of him and Taylor being affectionate in strategically romantic locations. Then there was the I heart TS t shirt debacle and that awkward picture of Ryan & Blake and him and Taylor being weirdly affectionate, it was all just a total onslaught of 'romance' and it felt out of place. Everyone poked fun at him for it and he dropped off the radar for a year to deal with the fallout, he said he was taking a year out to focus on himself. Taylor was dating her current boyfriend Joe Alwyn while she was with (or doing a publicity stunt with, if you want to see it that way) Tom and she ended up writing a song about him.

The insane attention Tom got during that time, most of it negative, I feel like it traumatised him and resulted in him having a very negative view of the media. Now he never answers personal questions in interviews and his publicist tells journalists they can't ask him about Taylor since 5 year later that's still the topic everyone wants to ask him about. It damaged his reputation as a serious actor and I think it's just another example of a showmance gone wrong. The GQ profile piece also didn't help, it was meant to be damage limitation/reinvention or just to explain his side of the story but it made him look desperate and insecure. The journalist seemed to think he was weird and clingy/needy, he kept her until late babbling and trying to explain himself and then the next day, early in the morning, went to her hotel room (house?) to explain himself all over again and make sure she understood what he'd said. Some of his fans have speculated that he suffers from depression or low mood sometimes and the Hiddleswift situation exacerbated that. His publicist and management clearly thought that he was toxic after the debacle and wanted him to lie low for a while, I think he also wanted to do that too.

I dont think its MCU fans, who let's face it, are sci fi/fantasy nerds (as I am 😄), but your common or garden fangirl types who do the stalking.
The Tom and Taylor thing is because it looked so obviously set up, with weird pap photos and frolicking round in the sea. Everyone laughed at him and he then disappeared. I cant see how it stalled his career. He seems to be doing OK to me.I think some of his fans think he should be bigger but maybe he doesnt want to be bigger. If he did, hed surely do the fake romance/ instagram pr thing much more.
I think he's doing the kinds of jobs he wants to do. I'm looking forward to The Essex Serpent since I loved the book but it's a shame White Stork has been shelved. I thought a politician role would be perfect for him and would be a return to gritty drama after Loki. He doesn't touch his Instagram and I think he's scared off PR relationships for life after Taylor.

And I should also mention that the journalist who did the aforementioned GQ profile piece was photographed by paps giving him a goodbye hug outside his house and referred to as a 'mystery girl.' She was married and Tom had to call her up to apologise and hoped her husband wasn't offended by it.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Skinnylike

Honestly a lot of this thread is laughable. I guess we've got a few of tom and zawes friends in here judging from how well they know their relationship. How can you give hot takes on them not lasting or her being into him more than he is into her when we don't even know the? I know its a gossip website but...

Tom is always very flirty and friendly with female costars - who he hasn't dated or their relationship didn't last long. Couldn't the fact that he wasn't like that with zawe so much indicate that maybe they are actually dating. Also zawe has said before that touch is her love language. Idk but a lot of the interviews people base this whole thing of "him not being as into her," are work interviews where they were promoting a play, what do you think they would be making out lmao

• Heart
  • Haha

clara131brown

VIP Member
Oh, my God, how embarrassing! I'd probably say "hello" and "nice to meet you." I think Tom had to do things in the past that were really embarrassing, for example, dancing.
I'd probably try and say "hi" and it would come out as a squeak .....oh and I'd go bright red in the face!

I think he's actually pretty good at dancing...... 😳...... he can certainly move!

• Haha

kittyeyelashes

I remember people saying that it seemed like he'd been forced to do this at gunpoint, I've never experienced more second hand embarrassment
I have no idea why he thought it was a good idea but yes it does come across that way, his eyes are screaming 😂

I am now laughing again at this article which captures it so beautifully

bless him. He’s not the first to do one of those awful ads and won’t be the last, at least he’s a total sweetheart who knows how to wear a suit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
His fans have always been quite feral, a lot like Benedict Cumberbatch's fans back in the day. But he seems to be able to go around Hampstead with his kids and Sophie and do whatever he wants without being bothered - I think Tom is just really traumatised by what happened with Taylor.
Doesn't BC have a restraining order out against some fans? I don't blame him. Some of them are nuts. If some random stranger applied for my kids birth certificates and put them online, I would go totally nuts!
Also, lots of celebs live around Hampstead so its probably no big deal to the locals, they'd be taking pictures all day, and the press wont pay for pics of BC because they cant print pictures of the kids.

Yeah it was on Twitter. The account in question got reported and another Twitter user contacted Tom's agent Christian Hodell who responded by saying that he would let Tom's publicist Luke Windsor know. If you're referring to where I read the 'be private but not hide' thing, I think it was in that godawful GQ profile piece but I'm not sure. He definitely mentioned finding a balance between being discreet but not hiding.
I think most celebs call the paps or get their friends to talk to the papers to get their relationships revealed, for publicity or just to get their face out there. Many of them rely on followers on social media to get jobs so the more publicity, the more followers, the more jobs. If you don't want or need to do that, then I bet you probably could go about your business and your relationships more or less unharrassed. TH could have a relationship just like most people do, without announcing it to the world, just to his family and friends and no one would know. Its not hiding, it's just not asking your PR or your friends to put the relationship into the press He doesn't owe the fans anything outside his work commitments and common decency not to be rude to them.

Last edited:

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
I tried searching but what with all the uses of TH and that being confused with Tom Hanks etc it was very hard to piece it all together- could someone do a little recap for me?
Waa I'm so sad they chased her away! If you want to read it all it starts on thread 33, page 43, although I think the main tea was mostly in threads 36&37.

• Heart

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
I feel so sad for Jamie Dornan, I loved him in The Fall and he should be getting so much better work. I can't name one thing he's done of note since Fifty Shades, it's clear how much he hated it and his discomfort every time he promoted it with Dakota Johnson.

In this press tour Tom's done GQ, Radio 1, Radio 2, Buzzfeed, Vanity Fair, Jimmy Kimmel, MTV, Collider, Variety, Good Morning America and countless other geek-related podcast/interview things. Owen Wilson and Gugu Mbatha-Raw have also been promoting the show but not like he has so I don't understand the audacity of his fans to accuse Marvel of somehow glossing over Loki. I feel like whatever he does, it's not enough for them. I think he regretted talking about his house in Hampstead in previous interviews and he's refrained from giving out those personal details, not just about his love life but about anything. Still people scrutinise literally everything which is how they figured out he and Zawe had the same wall behind them in interviews and how she hung the Archipelago picture behind her to intentionally send a message that she was living with and dating Tom. It's all just such a crazy business.

Social media has also given people far more expectation from celebrities than before. Even celebs who are known for acting/singing share more of their lives on social media now so people expect that from others too and the ones who don't want to do it are branded uncooperative or just have to run the risk of not having that much of a public profile as their more online counterparts. They don't seem to get it when actors say that their work should speak for itself and knowing too much about an actor's private life can interfere with how you perceive their work, as well as the fact that the two have entirely no relation at all. You don't need to know about an actor's private life to enjoy his performance. But I think that there's recently been an increase in people wanting to know more private things about their idols and celebs than before because they want to know if their socio-political views align with them, whether they've done or believe things that are abhorrent and then the fans can make a choice about whether they want to give them their coin. Celebs run the risk of being branded problematic (rightly so in many cases) if they make too many comments about their private life and beliefs and if they don't talk about them then people feel like they have something to hide.

I respect Tom for being a bit more closed off now and not letting much slip, I feel like he'll be happier in his personal life that way. Before he would get annoyed and when his fans said 'I love you' and 'you're perfect' at the stage door when he was doing Coriolanus he responded with 'no, you don't, you don't even know me' and 'I'm not, you don't know me' and was clearly 'upset' by their behaviour. I'm glad he's not engaging with people on that level anymore and that he's just trying to stay out of it and not get so stressed by it.
Totally agree with you. I wish more actors would say this. Some fans are really overly invested in actors and actresses, and many of them arent love struck teenagers but grown adults who are living in a fantasy land where they think complete strangers are their friends. It's how Armie Hammer got young women to sleep with him and get involved in bdsm.

Ice9

I think she means 4 years to have children with her. I doubt if she wants her husband to have children at 59 with some other woman
Yes this. I don't want him to be 75 when our child is 30 for instance, it's bad enough (to me) that he would be 71 by then, if the ivf works. It's very possible he wouldn't meet his grandkids of we had any and the older you get the harder it is to keep up with a young child. I guess I think about this stuff a lot.

And thank you, Clara, I am trying very hard to be calm..its just scary I guess, it feels like a lot rides on it.

When I read that Zawe said she wanted kids all I could think was that it must mean a great deal to her because she's saying it publicly. I didn't tell my friends I wanted a child until I was 100% sure of it, I cannot imagine telling the whole world unless i was too.

Tom is in great shape, has a great career, has a lot of money, I could see why he might not feel pressure whereas for zawe being 37 the pressure may be moreso. But I don't know them. Im just basing off my experience. Its...such a big, big thing.

• Heart

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
I also think the technology we have now makes all this more worrisome. I was shocked to the very core when I read about BC having his every move in his own home live-tweeted by a neighbour! That completely compromises the safety of a celebrity and their families/children, if people read the tweet and go rushing to their front door. Not to mention the complete invasion of privacy.
This goes back to one of my previous posts where I mentioned that one fan went as far as buying a freaking drone to hoover over a celebrity's house. Like what the actual fuck! The length that some people are willing to go for a random dude.

SM and the Internet has also allowed these nutty people to find each other easily and then share their “information” and develop into a cult where they really only interact with others who believe their conspiracies.
All the craziest stories and post always seems to find their niche on Tumblr where the younger fans are at, however, I was appalled to find out that ALSO the fans that are feel the most entitled to whatever fantasy they have are in their 30s and 40s so you cannot always assume is the younger generation with no sense of boundaries that's at it all the time.

Benedict Cumberbatch has got a group of the most bonkers fans imaginable.
I digress here, there are crazy, obnoxious and dangerous fans in all fandoms and, unfortunately, they are the loudest and the ones that get noticed the most.
I cannot think of a healthy fandom where everything is peace, love and bullet proof marshmallows. Singing Kumbaya around a fire pit.
I read in another forum that, a couple of years ago, when Zawe came into the picture, some fans were tweeting TH saying that they were suffering from panick attacks and ED because of his 'relationship'. Like now he was taken and they missed their chance, they were blaming their mental health decay on him! I never, personally, came across to those tweets but, holy crap! That scared the bejesus out of me.

What's really nutty is that BC has a reputation for being really nice to his fans. Is this how they repay him? Do we have a thread on him here? There's a lot to discuss around this stuff! :LOL:
I think most celebrities are nice and even, too, accommodating to fans UNTIL the batshit crazy mob comes into the forefront. Such a shame.
I remember when I met Steven Tyler, I was having dinner at their hotel one night just in hopes to spot them and 'breathe' the same air as him and the rest of Aerosmith. He's been my idol since I was too young to understand what an Idol was.
I couldn't believe the mob he had to endure, police were called and all because SOMEHOW someone found out their hotel room and were scavenging for it.
I, on the other hand, what I did? I bought a bottle of champagne and made the waitress send it to their table with a note stating my admiration and hoping he had a great time.
His response? He came into my table to thank me and we snapped a pic. Sometimes being nice and non-intrusive can get you a long way. The only problem is that some people don't know how to actually behave like a human

chelseadagger

I think she actually looks lovely in that video! What's the significance of that post/honor? Her literary output doesn't seem that relevant.
The Royal Society of Literature had an open call for nominations for their fellowship this year and they said they wanted to specifically have 60 new fellows 'from communities under-represented in UK literature.' She hasn't published much apart from Character Breakdown, won a poetry slam title in 2000 and then was a writer in residence in Manchester for a while. She's written a few plays that have been shortlisted for awards also.

I remember when Tom was going out with Taylor because when I was working in a clothes shop part time in a sleepy seaside town, Tom brought Taylor back to meet his mother who lives there. You have never seen anything like it in your life. This place has a lot of wealthy people with second homes and who come on holiday but it NEVER has paparazzi. There were hordes of people at the end of the private street where his mother lives and paparazzi on the beach photographing Taylor, Tom and his mum walking along. The whole town was abuzz. We always parked our cars just down from where his mum lived, so when I left for the day I could see the photographers who were not allowed any further than the entrance to the private road and there were crying little/teenage girls wanting to meet Taylor. Actually it was all quite stressful and weird having that mix of young girls and then jaded men with huge cameras. Side note, his Mum has a gorgeous house overlooking the sea. Obvs they are loaded as Tom went to Eton.
His family are part of the aristocratic Vestey family through his grandfather and his sisters went to Downe House and the Dragon School which Tom also went to, and his younger sister also married into aristocracy. Crazy that you had that experience, it must have been so weird and jarring. I remember walking past a hotel in Mayfair with a gigantic crowd of girls that had been camping there and when I asked what the deal was they told me Taylor Swift was staying there. They were running from the main door to the catering entrance to try and catch a glimpse of her, it was crazy.

Last edited: