Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #3 Jordan North should’ve won.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her cheek to cheek with Jordan North and then sat close to all the other invited ‘celebs’ at Wimbledon….not one is wearing a mask!! Why are they allowed to swan around like everything’s back to normal when the rest of us are expected to stick to the rules?! They don’t even bother pretending now.
Fucks me off so much. My baby god daughter is currently in hospital and is only allowed one parent with her, so they’ve had to take it in turns.
Wimbledon is a Government Test event so everyone has to have a negative covid test before entering and all the players are in a bubble and have to stay in a hotel.

But I know what you mean...but tbf, when my son was in hospital way before covid only one parent was allowed to stay overnight and we had to take it in turns.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
You have to wear a mask walking round the venue. They just said it on the telly

You have to wear a mask walking round the venue. They just said it on the telly
Yes I noticed people commenting how Duchess of Cambridge's mask was on and off but it clearly had to be on while she was walking around the venue.

Reactions: 1
Gi has shared a post on her stories for the ‘Downright Discrimination’ campaign. They are campaigning to change a woman being able to abort up to birth if the child has Down’s syndrome or other serious medical conditions.. from what I can see they want to change it to 24 weeks.

What do you all think of this campaign? I don’t know, it doesn’t sit right with me.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Gi has shared a post on her stories for the ‘Downright Discrimination’ campaign. They are campaigning to change a woman being able to abort up to birth if the child has Down’s syndrome or other serious medical conditions.. from what I can see they want to change it to 24 weeks.

What do you all think of this campaign? I don’t know, it doesn’t sit right with me.
I support the right for a woman to decide at the point in the pregnancy she decides is right whether the pregnancy is right for her. The only person who ultimately has to care for love and support that child is the woman

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Seems pointless to me, who are we to set limits on what other women do with their bodies. Lots of women don’t get a diagnosis until 20+ weeks, especially if further testing is needed after the 20 week scan. Very few abortions are performed 20-24 weeks, almost all will be medically related due to a later diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I’m surprised at Mother Earth Gi weighing in on something which is essentially a woman’s rights issue (in my opinion). Not like her to take a stance on anything that effects ordinary people!

Reactions: 13
[/QUOTE]

I guess it’s how you view it. Discriminative or needs focused.

I think there are more life and health factors to consider so more time might benefit some people. Surely if it helps one parent.

My personal view is I would focus less on the laws around abortion and instead encourage medical professionals to reconsider terms like “risk of Down’s syndrome” which is suggestive it’s a bad thing and I feel would have a bigger impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
They’re arguing in the campaign that it’s ‘disability discrimination’ to let a woman have a termination up to 39 weeks. I just don’t see that as discrimination. If a woman really cannot cope with the life changing (and quite often life destroying let’s talk frankly) event of having a baby with a disability then who is anyone to force them into it.

I am a bit confused really where they got the word discrimination. It’s not discrimination.

I just watched the campaign video on positive_about_down_syndrome. It’s just 4 minutes of people with children with downs sydrome with some sappy music. I don’t get this. They’ve obviously made the choice to bring their children in the world and my hats are off to them, but why force a woman to make that decision? 🤯

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
They’re arguing in the campaign that it’s ‘disability discrimination’ to let a woman have a termination up to 39 weeks. I just don’t see that as discrimination. If a woman really cannot cope with the life changing (and quite often life destroying let’s talk frankly) event of having a baby with a disability then who is anyone to force them into it.

The IG page has for a lovely young woman with Downs saying ‘would you say my life isn’t worth anything?’

I am a bit confused really where they got the word discrimination. It’s not discrimination.
It’s a really interesting but highly sensitive topic that tbh, I would argue Insta isn’t the platform for?! It lacks the nuance & range!

I can understand DS people or parents cringing at the idea of medical professionals discussing DS with abortion being a high up recommendation. However I think it’s ignoring the realities of the situation - a DS child will be a high needs/resource intensive dependent for their entire life, and whilst yes they also have many lovely and positive attributes that should be spoken about more, and are more than their diagnosis, it’s going to be really hard work. They may even have additional life limiting issues. It’s entirely fair for a woman to not feel comfortable taking that on.

It’s not really fair for a MC mum with local, involved family and paid help to pass comment on this IMO. I’m all for sharing a more balanced and accurate view of what a life looks like for a DS baby and the wider family, which in turn influences those decisions, but don’t go after the women pls 😫

Reactions: 24
It’s not really fair for a MC mum with local, involved family and paid help to pass comment on this IMO. I’m all for sharing a more balanced and accurate view of what a life looks like for a DS baby and the wider family, which in turn influences those decisions, but don’t go after the women pls 😫
Abso-bloody-lutely. There are so many factors that go into this. What about if the woman has Mental health issues and know they won’t cope? What about women who are single parents with more children already? Women with no family support who would be well and truly on their own day in day out.

I mean, Romania banned abortion completely and ended up with many orphanages where poor children were chained to cots for gods sake. The right to choice is so necessary.

Also- while it is unsettling yes to think of an abortion being so late I’m pretty sure it’s a rarity. The doctors would help guide a patient once a diagnosis has been made.

Found an article from 2014 that stated the previous year 5 women in the UK had abortions at 38 weeks.

Five people...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

I have a lot of friends who tfmr due to Down syndrome, I had a tfmr . Until you are faced with that I don’t think you have any idea. So she can shut her punchable gob

And seeing as I’m ranting. Let’s me say termination for medical reasons, 5000 a year , they are more common than still birth, a lot of mums who did have to tfmr feel more comfortable saying stillborn as they are judged, if you know mum who had a loss at 20-24 ekes there’s a chance she did tfmr but doesn’t feel comfortable or safe to say what type of loss she had,

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I have a lot of friends who tfmr due to Down syndrome, I had a tfmr . Until you are faced with that I don’t think you have any idea. So she can shut her punchable gob

And seeing as I’m ranting. Let’s me say termination for medical reasons, 5000 a year , they are more common than still birth, a lot of mums who did have to tfmr feel more comfortable saying stillborn as they are judged, if you know mum who had a loss at 20-24 ekes there’s a chance she did tfmr but doesn’t feel comfortable or safe to say what type of loss she had,
Thank you for saying this. ❤

I found out last year that I’ve got a 50% chance of having Huntington’s disease which erodes all of your functioning slowly between the age of 30-50, I had already brought a child into the world before even knowing this information and if I were to want to have another child I wouldn’t be eligible for IVF due to the staggering cost of it (even more expensive that normal IVF due to the embryos having to be genetically tested, looking at £15,000 a pop) so the option I would have would be to get pregnant naturally, have the embryo tested for HD and then abort. That’s my reality.

So I completely agree with you that she can shut her big smug mouth when talking about things she has NO idea about. She finally decides to champion a cause and it’s THIS? 🤢

Also: whilst my high horse is still out I want to add

No woman has a medical termination ‘for funsies’. It’s bleeping heartbreaking. They should not have to face guilt from a stupid online campaign that fluffs around the bleeping issues here.

This girl with Downs heading the campaign, Heidi Crowter seemingly lives independently with support. Down’s syndrome varies and she’s one of the luckier ones, how dare she (or her family or whoever is behind this hare brained idea) expect to meddle in others lives.

Also another point:

I vividly remember Gi waxing lyrically on her stories about not finding out the gender of Max and that ‘as long as the baby is health that’s all that matters’

Hang on, by this logic, isn’t that disability discrimination?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
She has three healthy children so doesn’t have the experience of bringing up a child with difficulties. She should stay out of this.

Abso-bloody-lutely. There are so many factors that go into this. What about if the woman has Mental health issues and know they won’t cope? What about women who are single parents with more children already? Women with no family support who would be well and truly on their own day in day out.

I mean, Romania banned abortion completely and ended up with many orphanages where poor children were chained to cots for gods sake. The right to choice is so necessary.

Also- while it is unsettling yes to think of an abortion being so late I’m pretty sure it’s a rarity. The doctors would help guide a patient once a diagnosis has been made.

Found an article from 2014 that stated the previous year 5 women in the UK had abortions at 38 weeks.

Five people...
At that late it is a heartbreaking decision because you expected a baby. Those women should only have sympathy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She needs to stay in her lane. I very much doubt any of these woman took the decision to have a late termination lightly. Unless the people protesting against it are going to help raise a baby and support the parents then they need to STFU. DS varies from person to person. My friends brother is fairly independent with few medical issues, however this is not always the case. Many of his friends have severe illnesses and spend a lot of time in and out of hospital.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She needs to stay in her lane. I very much doubt any of these woman took the decision to have a late termination lightly. Unless the people protesting against it are going to help raise a baby and support the parents then they need to STFU. DS varies from person to person. My friends brother is fairly independent with few medical issues, however this is not always the case. Many of his friends have severe illnesses and spend a lot of time in and out of hospital.
this, the mums I know didn’t get told ds and run straight to tfmr. They were told they have ds and this and that, usually heart problems or fluid on the brain. its not a clear diagnosis there’s so many conditions that go hand in hand with ds. My tfmr was at 23 weeks. I came home after labour and giving birth, to arrang a funeral and then seriously considerEd ending my own life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
As a nurse my mum cared for and knew many DS children. She has always been petrified of me having kids older when the occurrence is greater. I’m sure this is because she has seen how hard it is on the parents to care for these children and then continue as adults.

Reactions: 11
Unless the people protesting against it are going to help raise a baby and support the parents then they need to STFU
Love this. There simply isn’t the infrastructure to support *any* new mums in this country, it’s a very isolating and exhausting time. As hard as it feels for me with a healthy baby I can always tell myself this to shall pass, for mums with children who have DS or other diagnoses that’s their reality for far longer, if not forever. Talk about supporting mums and providing decent respite care and community classes for these babies not breeding shame!!

And am I going for hell for thinking it’s likely a lot easier a decision for her to make when she’d monetise the duck out of ✨their journeyTM✨? If you’ve not got brands supplying all the sensory gear (which is shockingly expensive!) and ITV wanting a reality series it’ll be a lot, lot harder.

Reactions: 18
Thank you for sharing your stories and experiences. Heartbreaking as they are 💔

I live in Northern Ireland where basically until 2 years ago, abortion was illegal. When our devolved government collapsed, the British Government intervened and changed the laws however the changes are yet to be fully implemented in our country.

Our politicians cannot agree on the implementation of the laws and to hear how some of them speak about women and their perception of how flippantly women treat their bodies, pregnancy and terminations is truly disgusting.

I have struggled with fertility and I have suffered loss and I feel extremely passionately that this is a woman’s rights and woman’s health care issue and women should have full autonomy over their own body. I’m currently pregnant, awaiting my anomaly scan yet feel there’s little to no support should there be a concerning diagnosis (have a 10 month old at home, born during lockdown).

Thank you again for sharing your experiences. As another poster commented - she finally champions a cause and this is it 🤷🏼‍♀️. I’m appalled.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You guys have some heart breaking stories! 💔

Anti discrimination is “trendy” (topical type of trendy) and she has most likely looked at this and thought yes I am anti discrimination of every kind. As we all should be. But she doesn’t appear to have thought about all the points discussed here. Shaming someone for making a choice they believe is right for their physical and mental well-being as well as their bab

I find it baffling that the people in the media can be so thoughtless at times.
Her and Tom using the “we were advised to claim furlough” tells me they don’t think things through. Or they hope their followers don’t use their brains and just think wow she’s nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.