Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #3 Jordan North should’ve won.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't you just hate a faux apology
Yes! I'd have more respect if they just owned it and said, 'we thought we could get away with being a pair of tight bastards because we didn't want to pay out of our own pocket for a service we weren't allow to receive during lockdown'

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It changes things knowing that Giovanna absolutely earned just as much if not more than normal in lockdown. The furlough scheme wasn’t designed for people who can just carry on 🧐

Also, furlough being given out so that things like restaurants, hotels and shops can survive is more understandable than furlough being given out so she can churn out her crappy podcast to the masses and put her smug face everywhere. Please, make it stop!

Reactions: 27
It changes things knowing that Giovanna absolutely earned just as much if not more than normal in lockdown. The furlough scheme wasn’t designed for people who can just carry on 🧐

Also, furlough being given out so that things like restaurants, hotels and shops can survive is more understandable than furlough being given out so she can churn out her crappy podcast to the masses and put her smug face everywhere. Please, make it stop!
And the beauty industry which took more of a hit than some businesses. Salons not able to reopen when shops could because of the up close and personal level of service.

Humble pie for a while for this pair. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, food bank, inner city project. See how people cope on benefits stretching every penny.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Between them they have over 130k likes on their apology statement. Honestly I don’t get this Instagram shite. Why do ordinary people insist on following these people who inevitably just get richer from them following them? That’s showing advertisers they still have over 100k followers that are ok with what they did.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Between them they have over 130k likes on their apology statement. Honestly I don’t get this Instagram shite. Why do ordinary people insist on following these people who inevitably just get richer from them following them? That’s showing advertisers they still have over 100k followers that are ok with what they did.
it’s the people who get into massive arguements to defend celebs/influencers who baffle me.They are so invested in these people who don’t give a duck about them and are prepared to excuse them from doing anything wrong. It’s pathetic,especially because these people are adults and should know better.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can just about make my peace with the idea that in the first month of furlough, they might have ‘needed’ to claim it. Just because you have wealth doesn’t mean you have ready access to cash in the bank, they are self-employed which relies on invoices being paid on time and it was all a very uncertain time. That would have been an absolute maximum claim of the £2,500 capped amount for one person for one month (assuming they pay his mum £37.5k or more) which they should have paid back once cashflow resolved itself, giving them a heavy benefit of the doubt that this was even an issue.

It’s the ongoing claiming despite raking it in with ads and deals that gets me, as well as the closing of comments. You made an error in judgement, how you deal with that is the thing that people will remember.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I can just about make my peace with the idea that in the first month of furlough, they might have ‘needed’ to claim it. Just because you have wealth doesn’t mean you have ready access to cash in the bank, they are self-employed which relies on invoices being paid on time and it was all a very uncertain time. That would have been an absolute maximum claim of the £2,500 capped amount for one person for one month (assuming they pay his mum £37.5k or more) which they should have paid back once cashflow resolved itself, giving them a heavy benefit of the doubt that this was even an issue.

It’s the ongoing claiming despite raking it in with ads and deals that gets me, as well as the closing of comments. You made an error in judgement, how you deal with that is the thing that people will remember.
Yeah if it was at the very beginning when things just stopped I could be more forgiving but not over 10 months later, after another podcast series, multiples ads, mcfly album released and their £100 a year subscription service that over 1000 people signed up for!

I fully understand why some people don’t mind them having it because they can, it’s within their rights and the rules of the scheme but the scheme was put in place to help struggling businesses, not there as free money. We will all end up having to pay it back with higher taxes at some point in time! It’s just a moral thing for me!

Reactions: 16
Didn’t even know they have a nanny, or that the nanny is Tom’s mum, or that’s who they furloughed… bet the fans don’t either who are commenting that it’s ok. She must not openly talk about the kids having a nanny as they are always rattling on how hard it is to stay relatable I guess. It’s one thing furloughing ONE ‘member of staff’ despite being absolutely loaded but when it’s your own mum because she looks after the kids.. becomes a bit of a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just went on G-tron’s instagram aaaaand my comment has been deleted 😂 guess the tweee impostor can’t take the truth pill! 🙄😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
My experience is the same. To my shame, I was a bit of a groupie back in the day and have met them more times than I care to declare 😅 Danny was always SO polite and had all the time in the world for fans. He’d remember names and always be the first one to come out. Tom never came out of the studio and when he did, you could tell it was because he had to when all the others had come to say hi.
Dougie was and is still always lovely to speak to!!

Reactions: 3

How do you know it was his mum? Are you telling me that the worlds most 'we do everything ourselves' perfect parents have help!?

Reactions: 5

Also, weren't nannies/childcare providers allowed back to work fairly soon during the first lockdown? I want to say June 1, as that's when I sent my son back to nursery.
In which case, they should have only claimed for 2-3 months' wages if it genuinely was for his mum/their nanny.
During the jan-march lockdown this year, there was no restrictions on childcare, so they had no need to claim then. (And also means all the 'look hw hard this is for us, we've made a classroom for the kids' BS was probably BS and his mum was helping out).

Reactions: 10
Also, weren't nannies/childcare providers allowed back to work fairly soon during the first lockdown? I want to say June 1, as that's when I sent my son back to nursery.
In which case, they should have only claimed for 2-3 months' wages if it genuinely was for his mum/their nanny.
During the jan-march lockdown this year, there was no restrictions on childcare, so they had no need to claim then. (And also means all the 'look hw hard this is for us, we've made a classroom for the kids' BS was probably BS and his mum was helping out).
Yes! This is true. Im a nursery nurse and we've been open since June 2020.

Reactions: 3
Unless they’ve claimed for his Mum and siphoned some of the money off to Carrie who would have been out of work? Probably not but it came into my head.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.