Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #3 Jordan North should’ve won.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a load of shite that was. They’re not sorry they did it, they’re sorry they got caught!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It's the old Jimmy Carr, Gary Barlow etc tax evasion/avoidance thing isn't it. "We were advised" is the get out clause.
They alway blame their financial advisors not that they are grown adult with their own brains and know right from wrong and I don’t buy this employee thing. There’s on 1 employee registered to Giovanna Fletcher LTD and that includes the director, which is her!

Reactions: 20
Even if you’re advised, you’re aware that the money comes from tax payers? Agree with others it takes big Tory cognitive dissonance to not mind that you’re subsidising your upper MC lifestyle at the expense of the public purse. If it was a retrospective thing she could have paid it back before the Sun’s exposé, but she didn’t care until it potentially effects their bottom line 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Am I the only one that doesn't blame them? Said similar on the Zoe Sugg thread. The furlough scheme should have been means from the start, but because it wasn't I don't think we can get outraged at "millionaires" using it. My boss is definitely a millionaire but if they hadn't of claimed through the furlough scheme I probably would have lost my job.

I think your situation is probably very different to theirs. I think your boss did it to keep his business afloat and staff retention. My brother had to continue to pay his apprentice even though she couldn't work but had a job elsewhere in a takeout. He was earning less than her throughout lockdown. I feel that public eye people took advantage of the scheme for self benefit (I don't buy the £30k for an employee thing one bit) and to line their pockets a bit more when they weren't making "heat or eat" decisions like some families.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Am I the only one that doesn't blame them? Said similar on the Zoe Sugg thread. The furlough scheme should have been means from the start, but because it wasn't I don't think we can get outraged at "millionaires" using it. My boss is definitely a millionaire but if they hadn't of claimed through the furlough scheme I probably would have lost my job.
Just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s right. No one is claiming they’ve broken the law, but it looks awfully greedy and is in poor taste, they’re wealthy enough not to need to take £30k from the taxpayer! If they had a staff of 20 or whatever then you can understand it but they took it for no reason other than they could as they were hardly going to go under without it when they’ve been able to work as normal during lockdown!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
My firm took advantage of the scheme at the beginning of lockdown when it looked like they might have to make redundancies. But working at home has worked for us and so they made the decision to pay it back, which I do appreciate.
It should have been there to make sure jobs were secure but for them it’s definitely a piss take. There will be a lot of work on eligibility for the scheme and potential fraud done around this for years.

Reactions: 22
From the wording, it was definitely their Nanny (or his mother) that couldn't work because at that time you weren't allowed to see family or grandchildren or be in each others houses. However did poor Gi and Tom manage to carry on working having to look after all 3 kids by themselves? Oh the stress, my heart bleeds.

I see she's posted nothing since on her trek. I wonder if she's even stayed on it or if she came home when the news broke?!

Reactions: 12
Yes, It should have been means-tested, but alas, we have a Tory government. Safe to say, many very wealthy people who didn't need the money likely benefitted from it. I’m glad some are being called out. It does make you wonder how much tax they pay, as all this government help is taxable.

Reactions: 15
26167574-DBC8-43C5-BF0B-260C6CA65E6E.png

Plenty of people defending them here. Absolutely boiling my blood. “Guilt tripped into paying it back”
Please, I’m playing the world’s smallest violin. 🎻

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Wasn’t it originally called the job retention scheme or something and it’s purpose was for companies to be able to furlough people instead of making them redundant. They knew they weren’t going to make the nanny who also happens to be a family member redundant (god forbid they would have to actually parent instead of just pretend to) so no need to furlough anyone. Tom and Gi were doing ads left right and centre during lockdown, they could still do their writing, she still filmed the baby club and her fee for I’m a celeb means they probably earned more last year then they normally do. It’s disgraceful, and they stupid little statement means absolutely nothing. They haven’t even worded it in a way that makes them sound sorry it’s very short and to the point in a way that screams we are only posting this because we have to.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I’m not gonna lie I’ve always quite liked them both but when I saw the furlough stories in the news it upset me so much, I changed jobs just before the lockdown (when it seemed unlikely there was going to be one) and because I had left one job but hadn’t been at the new one for long I was left with no furlough, me and my bf had to struggle for months on one furlough wage and a pitiful amount of universal credit, it was such an awful feeling and I was left feeling angry, upset and let down by the government-I missed out because of a technicality and this story brought all that back up for me
I hope they truly do realise how much this has affected people

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Has anyone checked if they've lost loads of followers since the story broke? I hope they have. I also wonder how it will affect their future AD''s as surely some companies will now be wary to use them when they have made themselves look like money grabbing twats?!

Reactions: 9
I wouldn't want to go and hear him squawking about his scummy wife. Lets not forget her brother broke rules and had a nice holiday, when no one else could. Vile all of them.
I had forgotten about that! Positing pictures pretending they were at home like the rest of us then caught on holiday! 😡

Reactions: 10
Lets hope it gets reported that they employ a nanny and aren't the amazing parents they claim they are. Frauds.

Reactions: 15
Like they were ever going to make their nanny redundant!! They’d never cope. Her book should be renamed Happy Nanny Happy Baby. And what kind of advice was that they were given which said ok you’ve got £8 million quid in the bank and your reputation is wholly based On being a nice normal couple let’s just take a measly 30 grand from the taxpayer cos we can? I’d be sacking the person who gave me that advice!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Like they were ever going to make their nanny redundant!! They’d never cope. Her book should be renamed Happy Nanny Happy Baby. And what kind of advice was that they were given which said ok you’ve got £8 million quid in the bank and your reputation is wholly based On being a nice normal couple let’s just take a measly 30 grand from the taxpayer cos we can? I’d be sacking the person who gave me that advice!!
They both are authors who work from home, (are self employed) well when they're not booking into a hotel for a night off, how many parents can do that? Both have family near, if not on their door step!

Reactions: 8
Has anyone checked if they've lost loads of followers since the story broke? I hope they have. I also wonder how it will affect their future AD''s as surely some companies will now be wary to use them when they have made themselves look like money grabbing twats?!
Sorry normally a lurker on this thread…no idea if their followers have decreased as a result.

Somehow I don’t think it will dent their ability to get ads and sell out their kids further despite the insincere apology. This will (unfortunately) be swept under the carpet and their grifting will continue as normal once the dust has settled. The screenshots above show how people will defend their actions and I don’t think brands will be overly concerned as in their eyes they’ve said sorry and still look the wholesome family. Also their statement distances them from what they’ve done by painting themselves as the ‘victims’ of ‘financial advice’.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.