Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[
There were two phases to the competition: the snatch (just taken place) and the clean & jerk. She didn't complete the snatch so doesn't take part in the clean and jerk. The only competitor not to complete. What an absolute waste of a place.
This is what is annoys me so much. A mediocre old man has taken the place of a young talented athlete

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Does anyone know when the qualification was for the Gymnastics individual events? I thought it was the team event. I ask as Simone Biles is doing Beam but she’s not participated in any events so far but has qualified?
Sunday 25th. Simone took part in the qualifying and finished 7th on beam.

Reactions: 1
I heard them say on the tv that beam isn’t Simone’s strongest/favourite event. Maybe she feels the least pressure in that event compared to others. I’ll look forward to her competing and hope she does well.

Reactions: 7
so happy for jade carey!!!! everyone on the womens USA gymnastics team is going home with at least a silver medal!! so thrilled for them

Awesome silver medal for Tom McEwan in the individual eventing! Shame for Oliver but that was a tough SJ course.
The gold medalist Julia did a wonderful job there on her beautiful horse Amande. Andrew Hoy too in bronze. for 62 years old that’s amazing !

Reactions: 6
I am happy for Jade Carey but she literally doesn’t dance or do any decent choreography in her floor routine. Her tumbling is incredible, but compare her routine to the other girls and it really sticks out for me…

I was really rooting for Kazuma to stay in a medal position after Laura's unfortunate round. Beyond pleased for Tom, and Julia rode a beautiful round. I think we did brilliantly, and our eventers did us proud :love:

Reactions: 4
I love how the weightlifters shout 😂 161kg is 25 stone! Bloody hell! Emily can carry my shopping in 😂

• Haha
I am happy for Jade Carey but she literally doesn’t dance or do any decent choreography in her floor routine. Her tumbling is incredible, but compare her routine to the other girls and it really sticks out for me…
Ngl I feel like that about most of the US team. A lot of the moves they do just look disjointed

Russia is always a joy to watch on the other hand

• Heart
I agree - just watched hers and as a former dancer the floor routines always make me 😬 but hers was just stepping about (as the commentators said😂). The twins were amazing with their dance artistry.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.