Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They also have the rights to the 2024 Paris Olympics but at least the time difference is much better.
Ahh tit. Might be more tempted to fork out for it next time at least as like you say the time difference will be much better.

Reactions: 1
I’m missing quite a lot of it so I’m just getting it from the news.
Does anyone know of any other feel good stories of this Olympics like the two countries who decided to share the gold medal?

Doesn’t seem like it. How annoying.
Might come on after the football replay is done

I think when hockey finished the event hadn’t started so they had to just put something on which happened to be the football

Reactions: 1
Just caught up with gymnastics. I’m so thrilled for Jade and Mykayla! Especially after Jade’s vault drama it was good to see her back to normal on floor. Very happy for the uk twins as well.

I’m very nervous for beam tomorrow though, love it but absolutely wrecks my nerves.

Oh, and anyone else thought Nina Derwael looks like Holly Gabriele?

Reactions: 5
Hubbard now failed at 125. I can't say I'm a weightlifting expert but it looks like our girl is in joint first place at this stage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Hubbard now failed at 125. I can't say I'm a weightlifting expert but it looks like our girl is in joint first place.
Can’t help but feel it is on purpose

You fail 120 so you’re naturally just going to downsize the next weight but okay

Reactions: 4
I wonder how their competitors feel about the whole situation?

I’ve read online that Hubbard is doing this purposefully so people can’t say that someone who has gone through puberty as a male has an advantage over someone who hasn’t.
That’s ugly if true. Plenty of women would have gone in their place and actually put the effort in to make the most of the opportunity. Why compete if you’re not going to try your best? That’s not really in the spirit imo.

It now says Hubbard 'DNF'.

Failed to complete a lift, apparently. :rolleyes:
What a joke I don’t buy it. They’re throwing it to prove some sort of sick point.

Reactions: 8
That’s ugly if true. Plenty of women would have gone in their place and actually put the effort in to make the most of the opportunity. Why go if you’re not going to try your best?
I feel like this is really starting to be the main issue with this stuff

The non-binary skateboarder clearly didn’t try her best and if that was her best, what was she doing there?

Laurel also. Outside of it being controversial, this isn’t the stage to be seemingly making a statement on something

Reactions: 5
There were two phases to the competition: the snatch (just taken place) and the clean & jerk. She didn't complete the snatch so doesn't take part in the clean and jerk. The only competitor not to complete. What an absolute waste of a place.

Reactions: 8
Shocked about Hubbard. I hope the BBC show highlights later. I'm definitely going to get a Eurosports subscription for Paris (and book 2 weeks off work 😂).

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.