Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving the Olympics but really not enjoying the time difference! My favourite medals so far have been Bethany Shriever, Triathlon relay, Charlotte Worthington and all the equestrian.

I normally love the track cycling (like sit on my spin bike while I am watching and get way too excited) but I feel like we are not going to do so well this year (really hope I am wrong).

Reactions: 8
Did anyone else see the crash at the track cycling? Denmark’s fault and their rider was shouting at team GB’s. Should have been disqualified for that.

That Denmark cyclist not looking where he was going, causing a crash with the GB rider and then shouting at the GB rider as though it was his fault. Surely there should be some rule on dangerous riding. Obviously they were well ahead and deserved to win but I just think in other sports there is consequences for causing danger?

Did anyone else see the crash at the track cycling? Denmark’s fault and their rider was shouting at team GB’s. Should have been disqualified for that.
I couldn't believe that rider had the audacity to scream at the rider he had just ploughed into 😡 how about checking if he was okay. I know rules are rules but I don't agree with the result.

Reactions: 5
Team GB track and field aren’t doing great at all, Adam Gemili injured now as well (although I saw him run in Gateshead last month and he didn’t do very well).

Hopefully other sports (especially swimming) where we have done so well get more attention post games

Reactions: 4
Can you imagine being Jason & Laura Kenny’s son? Growing up with both parents having won numerous Olympic medals 😅

Reactions: 5
I woke up at 3am today to watch our slovenian basketball team win against Germany. So ecstatic about it, it's the first time we made it to olympics and they're going for a medal. 😭 💛 Watching Luka play is just amazing and I'm so grateful we get to experience it.

• Heart
Team GB track and field aren’t doing great at all, Adam Gemili injured now as well (although I saw him run in Gateshead last month and he didn’t do very well).

Hopefully other sports (especially swimming) where we have done so well get more attention post games
Me too, especially the BMX. I hope they regain some funding.

I think we are looking at a very low medal haul from the athletics. I'm hopeful for a silver/bronze in the women's 800m later but I can't see much beyond that. I really want KJT to get a medal in the heptathlon but there's a few too good I think. Maybe a relay medal if we get a bit of luck.

Simone on beam! So nervous for her, just hope she enjoys her performance

Urgh nearly crying at that beam final. Great for Simone to get an individual medal and I'm so pleased for the Chinese girls, they've had some rotten luck. When they get it right, their execution is just exquisite. And I love the glitter on their temples 🤗

Reactions: 15
That crash was ridiculous, couldn't believe the Danish guy kicked off at our rider! I do think we were outclassed though in all the races this morning.

Hopefully even pick up a few individual golds instead in the velodrome.

Nice to see Simone Biles perform, I do feel for her and even though she is obviously struggling at the moment I do love how supportive she is of her teammates and also the other competitors. Both Chinese girls were amazing too, the gild medallist is a right pocket rocket.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else watching the individual SJ on Discovery Plus with no audio!? I can hear in Dutch, Norwegian and Swedish but the English audio feed doesn't seem to be working :unsure:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.