Toddler Advice Thread #6 Christmas is coming, as are the illnesses

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thankyou! (any other recommendations welcome!) feel like we are overrun with toys and she doesn’t play with much atm 🥲🥲🙃

Need to know if anyone recommends a Tonie box or whether they’re a piece of tit? 😂 heard so many mixed reviews… don’t know whether to get one for 2nd birthday or not bother 😁😁😁
Very loved here!!!
We bought at second birthday and I’m not sure it was super loved but by 3 he was obsessed x

The twins love theirs, especially the creative Tonie.
We have many hours of dancing around to the hokey cokey and hop little bunnies
I didn’t know you could put songs on it until we’d had it for a month 😂 I think that is such a good feature. Downloading hop little bunnies as we speak 😁😁😁😁
---
Thankyou! (any other recommendations welcome!) feel like we are overrun with toys and she doesn’t play with much atm 🥲🥲🙃
My son also had crayons, stickers and play doh for his birthday. Proper standard presents at first I thought hmm but they’ve been such a hit! (Didn’t even know they could have play doh at 2 but it says it on the box👍🏻)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Still waiting on an ENT appointment for my daughter. Got referred on 31st August and still nothing :rolleyes:
We waited 11 months for a referral for CMPA and then they cancelled it and rearranged it for August! He will be almost 2 and we got him referred at 5 months old… 😩 I hope you get an appointment soon

• Heart
The twins love theirs, especially the creative Tonie.
We have many hours of dancing around to the hokey cokey and hop little bunnies
I didn't know you could put songs on it either! We've had it nearly a year!!! Clearly I need to do some research

my mum bought my son a little armchair with a foot stool and he’s obsessed with it, will not let anyone else sit on it 😂 it’s a bit random when she got it for him but I’m so glad she did!! Also garden stuff, balance bike, Halfords had a cool bike/scooter I wish I got for my sons 2nd. Maybe with a matching helmet

Balance bike!! I was so excited about it but no my son just stands straddling it and shuffles about with it between his legs and drags it round. Why won’t he sit down on it 😂😂😠

Reactions: 2
Balance bike!! I was so excited about it but no my son just stands straddling it and shuffles about with it between his legs and drags it round. Why won’t he sit down on it 😂😂😠
Aw that dissapointment is the worst! How long has he had it? We got one for my boys 2nd as he was so good on the scuttle bug and it prob took him until 2 and a half to start doing it 'properly' and now at almost 3 he is fab at it whizzing about doing his wee legs up at the front and back tricks 🤣 best thing we did was take it everytime we went to a park, such a faff but there's always other kids on bikes or scooters so they see them then they want a shot and I guess learn by observing them. He's out on it most nights before bed rain or shine as it's good for going through the big puddles and helps tire him out for an easy bedtime 😏 x

• Heart
Aw that dissapointment is the worst! How long has he had it? We got one for my boys 2nd as he was so good on the scuttle bug and it prob took him until 2 and a half to start doing it 'properly' and now at almost 3 he is fab at it whizzing about doing his wee legs up at the front and back tricks 🤣 best thing we did was take it everytime we went to a park, such a faff but there's always other kids on bikes or scooters so they see them then they want a shot and I guess learn by observing them. He's out on it most nights before bed rain or shine as it's good for going through the big puddles and helps tire him out for an easy bedtime 😏 x
Only just gone 2yo so plenty time left to use it. He’s more interested in it as time goes on he just won’t use it properly 😆 you have given me hope though. Thank you

Toddler said last night that I was a horrible mummy for ignoring him and then promptly told OH that I'd hit him 😳 Kid isn't even 3 yet, how on earth does he know the words horrible and ignoring and used them in the right context?! Obviously wasn't ignoring him and definitely didn't hit him, was trying to settle his very upset baby brother and was already feeling really tit and guilty about that without my toddler laying it on thick too 😔

• Sad
Anyone else super nervous for tomorrow!?!?! My son is in the nursery connected to the 1st choice primary school we have chosen for him but they’ve said there’s still a chance he might get in. We literally live directly across the road so I’m hoping that’s what gets us in! I’m so nervous!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone else super nervous for tomorrow!?!?! My son is in the nursery connected to the 1st choice primary school we have chosen for him but they’ve said there’s still a chance he might get in. We literally live directly across the road so I’m hoping that’s what gets us in! I’m so nervous!
One of mine are already in the school and I’m still nervous 😂 we don’t find out until tomorrow evening, so it’ll be a day of stress and worry and checking the website hourly, just in case!

One of mine are already in the school and I’m still nervous 😂 we don’t find out until tomorrow evening, so it’ll be a day of stress and worry and checking the website hourly, just in case!
shut up is it the evening 😭 i thought we’d find out first thing!! Gutted!!

Yes! My eldest is in the juniors and so we don’t get sibling advantage 🙈
Nursery won’t help but being so close should, surely!
We relocated and so my eldest isn’t in our catchment area school but it’s physically our closest. So massive fingers crossed. Roll on the AM (& not to living where we did before where it was PM!!) good luck x

• Heart
One of my friends got an email earlier with her place but I haven’t. So bizarre! I feel sick waiting, will frantically be googling home schooling tomorrow even though I am fully not capable of it 🤣

• Heart