Toddler advice thread #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Three year olds are wild. I’m exhausted from the relentless meltdowns, whining, refusal and just general fuckery.
She won’t drink anything without being reminded/fed. Won’t eat proper meals, only a few bites of safe food if being fed, but snacks no problem. Holds her wee for hours and hours until she has a dribble then will go. Take her for a walk but she has tired legs and wants to be carried. I’m tired 🤣

Reactions: 1
We’ve had a boring day, a full chill day as it’s been freezing. Mini A fell asleep in my bed at 7:30pm , she wanted a book so I went to get one and I came back and she was asleep 🙈 moved her to her own bed .. what a week it’s been, no wonder we are both so tired 😂

Mini hairraiser turned 2 today 🥰🎉
He’s been showing signs of wanting to use the potty for a few weeks now so I’ve been trying to help him along.
I’ve read about trying the no nappy method and being able to be fully potty trained in 3 days. I lasted only one and a half days cause he was peeing everywhere around the house & also he became slightly agitated at one point so I didn’t wanna push it. Also, i couldn’t be consistently at home with him cause he gets terrible cabin fever and just wanted to go out, plus, you know how it is being a busy mum.
I took a step back and just told him his potty is nearby if he needs it and would remove his nappy for a few hours at a time each day.
He can pee really well, willingly sits on the potty fine. But he needs trousers and nappy off completely if he needs to go. Which is ok but by the time I’ve taken them off he’s nearly done it 🫤
He enjoys seeing his wee or poo in the potty and we have a little dance to celebrate when he does it and put a sticker on his chart, he also enjoys pressing the button on the toilet to flush it away 🤣🤣
He doesn’t tell me when he needs to go, I ask him and he will nod or say no.
im just wondering how I need to continue from here cause I feel like I’m confusing him by not being consistent. I just don’t want to scare him or upset him by making him do something he isn’t wanting to do! So I always just go by his mood on that day.
He has good days and bad days let’s put it that way.
I’m stressing about it a lot after telling myself I wouldn’t. He’s my first child so I have no idea if I’m doing this right!
Just feel abit deflated I guess.

Mini hairraiser turned 2 today 🥰🎉
He’s been showing signs of wanting to use the potty for a few weeks now so I’ve been trying to help him along.
I’ve read about trying the no nappy method and being able to be fully potty trained in 3 days. I lasted only one and a half days cause he was peeing everywhere around the house & also he became slightly agitated at one point so I didn’t wanna push it. Also, i couldn’t be consistently at home with him cause he gets terrible cabin fever and just wanted to go out, plus, you know how it is being a busy mum.
I took a step back and just told him his potty is nearby if he needs it and would remove his nappy for a few hours at a time each day.
He can pee really well, willingly sits on the potty fine. But he needs trousers and nappy off completely if he needs to go. Which is ok but by the time I’ve taken them off he’s nearly done it 🫤
He enjoys seeing his wee or poo in the potty and we have a little dance to celebrate when he does it and put a sticker on his chart, he also enjoys pressing the button on the toilet to flush it away 🤣🤣
He doesn’t tell me when he needs to go, I ask him and he will nod or say no.
im just wondering how I need to continue from here cause I feel like I’m confusing him by not being consistent. I just don’t want to scare him or upset him by making him do something he isn’t wanting to do! So I always just go by his mood on that day.
He has good days and bad days let’s put it that way.
I’m stressing about it a lot after telling myself I wouldn’t. He’s my first child so I have no idea if I’m doing this right!
Just feel abit deflated I guess.
Do ask him. Tell him it’s time to go to the toilet. My son used to be naked all the time and just before I officially started potty training him, he would hold his wee in then wee in his nappy as soon as I put one on for nap/bed time.
He is only 2, and is still very young to be potty trained
---
Girl I have two arses to change, they tit in sync, I've not the time to be taking 4 legs outta two pairs of pants 🤣🤣
But HOW do you get it on both legs when one leg has clothes on? I feel you’re making more work for yourself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Do ask him. Tell him it’s time to go to the toilet. My son used to be naked all the time and just before I officially started potty training him, he would hold his wee in then wee in his nappy as soon as I put one on for nap/bed time.
---

But HOW do you get it on both legs when one leg has clothes on? I feel you’re making more work for yourself 😂
Thread it through tights or pants, you never put knickers on when you've got one leg in your jeans?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I've been using pull ups for probably a year, just easier tbh cause she's a pain to change.
However, recently learnt about this one leg thing and it's a lifesaver!

---

Thank you for your reply
Yeah I did think 2 was young, but I noticed he started saying poo poo before he had a poo, he would say ‘ew’ everytime he did it in his nappy 🤣 so I took that as he was ready to start trying.
im just gonna have to keep as I am and keep encouraging him until he tells me he needs to use the potty.
I know il get there eventually but I’ve been like this through every milestone, worry worry and worry some more.

Thank you for your reply
Yeah I did think 2 was young, but I noticed he started saying poo poo before he had a poo, he would say ‘ew’ everytime he did it in his nappy 🤣 so I took that as he was ready to start trying.
im just gonna have to keep as I am and keep encouraging him until he tells me he needs to use the potty.
I know il get there eventually but I’ve been like this through every milestone, worry worry and worry some more.
It does sound like he has got interest in it, which is great! If you are struggling with quickness of pants and trousers, can he just wear pants around the house?
Potty training, in my opinion, is one of the worst milestones 😂 I never have, but would books help?

It does sound like he has got interest in it, which is great! If you are struggling with quickness of pants and trousers, can he just wear pants around the house?
Potty training, in my opinion, is one of the worst milestones 😂 I never have, but would books help?
I agree…. A big week for mini A , not an accident all week!!!!!!! Omg! And she was flat out at 7:30pm and she’s still asleep now 🎉🎉 hurray

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t even know where to begin with potty training mine. He was 2 in December, and he tells me when he’s pooed, but sometimes he says he has pooed and he hasn’t, so not sure if it is just a trump? He can hold wee, as he finds it hilarious to wee on the floor 😂

I think he could potty train but as with all things toddler, i suspect he won’t for another few months!

I don’t even know where to begin with potty training mine. He was 2 in December, and he tells me when he’s pooed, but sometimes he says he has pooed and he hasn’t, so not sure if it is just a trump? He can hold wee, as he finds it hilarious to wee on the floor 😂

I think he could potty train but as with all things toddler, i suspect he won’t for another few months!
it’s just one huge milestone I found you can’t force or rush. Mini A was nearly 3 when she started potty training and it’s taken months for her to really grasp it. A big one for her has been realising when she needs a poo and that feeling of needing to go before it comes out 😂😂 but this is the best week we’ve had and she started it end of October I think.

She just randomly started using the potty and since then it was plain sailing!I tried in August and she kept weeing everywhere, and it made me hold off for a few months.

Speaking of, my 3yo has a diarrhoea bug 🤢 was potty trained last august, if we put her in nappies while she’s got this bug is it going to mess up the training? She still wears them at night so isn’t completely nappy free. Not sure I can stand washing any more crappy pants and can’t throw them away or she’ll have none left but don’t want to screw up her using the potty once she’s better.

Also in laws are staying so I’m having to sleep in her bed at the mo. I have to take an exam for work tomorrow and now have a new fear unlocked that I’m going to tit myself in the middle of it 😬

Speaking of, my 3yo has a diarrhoea bug 🤢 was potty trained last august, if we put her in nappies while she’s got this bug is it going to mess up the training? She still wears them at night so isn’t completely nappy free. Not sure I can stand washing any more crappy pants and can’t throw them away or she’ll have none left but don’t want to screw up her using the potty once she’s better.

Also in laws are staying so I’m having to sleep in her bed at the mo. I have to take an exam for work tomorrow and now have a new fear unlocked that I’m going to tit myself in the middle of it 😬
mini A had an awful tummy bug and I had no choice but to put her in a nappy cos it was disgusting. This was early in her potty training and i think it confused her but this was really early on I’m talking a week in. If it happened again I wouldn’t put her in nappies I’d just sit her on the toilet and deal with it like we do as adults.. my logic now is that I wouldn’t wear a nappy so I wouldn’t put one on her now she’s out of nappies x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.