Toddler advice thread #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What age do you start putting toddlers in pull-ups, is it mainly when they start potty training? For some reason my 20 month old's nappies have started to leak at the side at night- I've tried switching brands and sizes but the same thing happens. Wondering whether to try pull ups even though we probably won't potty train until she's turned 2 at least.
my 3 year old has been in pull ups (pants) since she was 1. Nappies used to drive me mad, I was always rubbish at the tabs and I was sick of them leaking on to me, then she wouldn’t lie down still to even get a nappy on so pull ups was less stressful for all involved 😂 she wears a pull up for bed just incase she has a wee overnight but she’s pretty much dry every morning! Just CBA changing wet sheets first thing in a morning.

Reactions: 1
What age do you start putting toddlers in pull-ups, is it mainly when they start potty training? For some reason my 20 month old's nappies have started to leak at the side at night- I've tried switching brands and sizes but the same thing happens. Wondering whether to try pull ups even though we probably won't potty train until she's turned 2 at least.
My toddlers have been in pullups since 6 months. I find them easier on the whole.
There's no right or wrong time to transition in to them.

My 10yo never went into pullups we just potty trained with a standard nappy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Thanks for your reply! What's the stay and play pass then? I thought swimming and entertainment was included on the website? I'm looking at one that is about £100. What are the extra activities you have to pay for?
I'm NHS staff so do you get a discount on booking?
I'm actually looking at golden sands because it's not THAT far from me. What's it like?
We went in March 2022 for a weekend and it was warm-ish….😂

They’ve got that Sanctuary and it was right next to the park so it was handy to go there once we arrived and wait for our caravan to be ready! The beach is lovely too. They’ve got a good playground and the arcade and shops are just what you’d expect.

The stay and play is “haven” on the booking page, you get entertainment, swimming and you can book the activities on the app.

The haven hideaway I think it’s listed as is cheaper as there’s no play pass so you wouldn’t have access to entertainment or swimming but you can access the arcade and shops on site. If you go onto your blue light card or nhs discounts you’ll be able to get a code xx

Attachments

We’ve also been using pull-ups since six months as it’s easier. Then as soon as we’ll start potty training we’ll bin them and just use knickers as otherwise they get confused. The eldest was potty trained about 21 months and will probably aim for around then this time too

On the potty training chat. One of the "lucky" things about lockdown is that we managed to potty train my eldest in about three weeks. Massively helped by being stuck in the house and always being very close to a toilet.

Not looking forward to doing it this time round especially as I'm back at work part time. Feels like I'm starting from scratch!

My eldest was almost 3 before they started and 2yo isn't even 2.5 yet. I'm holding out until the weather starts getting better and we can have some family days in the garden 😜

I feel like i’m a bit behind with the toilet training but honestly i don’t think he has been ready and he has only just started showing signs. This week he’s been wearing underpants at nursery and has had a few wees on the toilet at home. He’s got a nappy back on because he’s got a terrible cold atm and he’s just not in the mood 😅 I’m off the first week of Easter holidays so i’m determined to crack it then

I’m I the only one that doesn’t like pull-ups apart from when they go through that ‘wrestling with an alligator’ phase?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m I the only one that doesn’t like pull-ups apart from when they go through that ‘wrestling with an alligator’ phase?
No I don’t like them either. You have to take their pants off to change them? Unless I’m doing it wrong 🤣🤣🤣. With nappies you don’t

Thanks for your reply! What's the stay and play pass then? I thought swimming and entertainment was included on the website? I'm looking at one that is about £100. What are the extra activities you have to pay for?
I'm NHS staff so do you get a discount on booking?
I'm actually looking at golden sands because it's not THAT far from me. What's it like?
---

Yeah I'm looking at September for the normal Haven so I can get the entertainment included. Looks alright tbh!
---

I've looked at Butlins but it's more expensive. I have looked at stuff to do outside the park in the day and we would only go Monday to Friday anyway. Was just wondering what sort of entertainment etc there was for kids. The one I was looking at has this new massive play thing apparently that has stuff for toddlers?!
Golden sands is nice. My sister lives in Mablethorpe so we've stayed there a few times. Stayed there last March.

If you pick Haven hideaway, you don't get the entertainment, pool ect
It never used to be a thing until Covid hit and they created Haven hideaway when they couldn't open the pools ect. And then they've just carried on with it as an option.

If you use your Blue Light app, it'll give you £20 off
---
No I don’t like them either. You have to take their pants off to change them? Unless I’m doing it wrong 🤣🤣🤣. With nappies you don’t
I've never put pants on top of pull ups?
Or do you mean having to pull them down to change them?
If so, you just rip the sides as they're easy to tear

Last edited:
Oh cool! Thanks everyone, think mabelthorpe is the winner tbh. Will definitely use my NHS discount as well. I saw the seal sanctuary and will definitely be looking into going there. Beach looks nice too! How much are the extra activities that aren't included in the pass?

Oh cool! Thanks everyone, think mabelthorpe is the winner tbh. Will definitely use my NHS discount as well. I saw the seal sanctuary and will definitely be looking into going there. Beach looks nice too! How much are the extra activities that aren't included in the pass?
I think it depends what they have there and prices differ per park.
Weve played mini golf at 2 different ones and both were different prices.
They also have rock climbing at some and not at others ect

I think it depends what they have there and prices differ per park.
Weve played mini golf at 2 different ones and both were different prices.
They also have rock climbing at some and not at others ect
Okay thanks very much! Will be booking that so we have something to look forward to :)

I haven’t ever used them, except at night when we potty train (we call them bed time pants, just shifts from being in a nappy to being in pants). I didn’t realise so many people used them daily!

Reactions: 3
I haven’t ever used them, except at night when we potty train (we call them bed time pants, just shifts from being in a nappy to being in pants). I didn’t realise so many people used them daily!
This is exactly what we did

Golden sands is nice. My sister lives in Mablethorpe so we've stayed there a few times. Stayed there last March.

If you pick Haven hideaway, you don't get the entertainment, pool ect
It never used to be a thing until Covid hit and they created Haven hideaway when they couldn't open the pools ect. And then they've just carried on with it as an option.

If you use your Blue Light app, it'll give you £20 off
---

I've never put pants on top of pull ups?
Or do you mean having to pull them down to change them?
If so, you just rip the sides as they're easy to tear
Nooo haha I mean to get a fresh one on?? You need to take their pants off to get the new one on 😅

They are so expensive, for less nappies 😭
---
Hahahah!! Yeah so to put a fresh one on you need to remove their clothing on their bottoms ? 🙈😅 don’t you?😮😭🫣. I don’t know anymore hahaha
Yer. I think @WhatABore thought you meant pants as in underwear 😂 bloody southerner she is 👀😂
---
I only take one leg out 🤣
WHAT?! You’re being a silly sausage now

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hahahah!! Yeah so to put a fresh one on you need to remove their clothing on their bottoms ? 🙈😅 don’t you?😮😭🫣. I don’t know anymore hahaha
Haha yes 😂 you do.
I was confused thinking pants=underwear.
Thought you were putting underwear over the pull ups 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.